N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   Market Place - For Sale / Trade / Wanted (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   *NEW Product* DIY LPFP Bucketless Bracket System (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52694)

KPDcompany 04-20-2018 04:55 AM

*NEW Product* DIY LPFP Bucketless Bracket System

A Little background. I'm an Engineer by trade, and have my own design & prototyping company. I've been building/Modifying cars for 10 years, although this platform is fairly new to me. I saw a need for lower priced bucketless lpfp solution. I have started to create my own Stage 1 & Stage 2(optional) bracket system. This will initially be released as a DIY Kit. It will come with the Bracket only, with the below being options you can choose while checking out from BMP(Black Market Parts) once released.

-Stage 1 Main Bracket
-BMP Fuel Pump to Factory Fuel Line Connection(option)
-Wiring Connector for pluging into stock connector(option)
-All bolts(Included)

Stage 2
-Stage 2 Bracket Addition
-BMP Fuel Pump to Factory Fuel Line Connection(option)
-BMP "Y" Hose for running 2 Pumps(option)
-All Bolts(Included)

The bracket by itself will be UNDER $100 testing is underway and I'm happy to report there have been zero issues! I Made this for myself, and for others like me who would rather buy their own fuel pump, and just needed a bracket and a couple odds and ends. This was not designed to directly compete with any other suppliers who offer fuel pump solutions, just to fill a market gap for a lower priced DIY Bucketless setup. I am also open to anyone's ideas, concerns, or anything else they would like to see in the kits that I did not list. Please see below pictures, let me know what you think, and I will keep this post updated with all progress.

These are available from the following link
http://www.bm-parts.com/index.php?ro...search=bracket

Thanks!
-Travis

https://i.imgur.com/V7gnj3X.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/V7gnj3X.jpg?1

blaster3500 04-20-2018 06:01 AM

I would he interested. Is the bracket going to be aluminum?

KPDcompany 04-20-2018 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaster3500 (Post )
I would he interested. Is the bracket going to be aluminum?

It is made of a Carbon Fiber Reinforced Nylon. This material has already passed all heat & Chemical tests. 100% E85 & Gasoline Safe(nylon is the same material used for the fuel pump lines) resists vibration better than metals, weighs far less, and is just as strong as aluminum. For reference this material is very similar in make up of the same composites used for our radiator end tanks, and other high load/temp composite parts. Comes with a 1 Year warranty that covers everything. Any manufacturing defects will be warrantied for as long as the original purchaser owns the car/pump bracket.

KPDcompany 04-20-2018 09:20 AM

Why was this moved? This is not meant to be a for sale ad. This is supposed to be a discussion of what people think, and to track the progress of this. There are a bunch of other threads that do the same thing, posting about new products in an informative matter. For instance, the following threads do the same thing I am doing? I'm just a little confused Thanks!

BMS PCV
China Inlets
Custom tuning(BEF)
Vader Tablet CLip
Dragy Box
Frankenturbo

matthewo 04-20-2018 01:11 PM

make it fit a DW400 - 46mm body

KPDcompany 04-20-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthewo (Post )
make it fit a DW400 - 46mm body

I decided against that due to the extra strain that one single DW400 puts on the EKP, let alone when there are 2 wired up. BUT if there is enough demand then I will gladly make a DW version. If you would like I can make you one if you are absolutely stuck on the DW400. But I assure you it's not nearly as much of a flow difference as most believe. Let me know if you would like one.

PrzeChuj 04-20-2018 04:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here bmp I bought. Wired second pump to a rely and Hobbs switch in the trunk . Second pump turns on around 13psi

PrzeChuj 04-20-2018 04:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just the parts

KPDcompany 04-20-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrzeChuj (Post )
Just the parts

Yes, My bracket will use the BMP hose, and fittings. My bracket will be cheaper & my bracket kit will also be available from BMP's website to buy fairly soon. My design is differnt, not saying its better, just saying that some people may prefer to pay $50-70 less than any other bracket on the market. You can buy my bracket as the stage 2, then buy the add on module for the second pump and it will come with the hoses and fittings. Even after buying the stage 3 add on bracket, it will still be cheaper than any other 2 pump offering.

KPDcompany 04-21-2018 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrzeChuj (Post )
Here bmp I bought. Wired second pump to a rely and Hobbs switch in the trunk . Second pump turns on around 13psi

Also, make sure you flip that pump assembly around 180. The Float should be pointing toward the front of the car, and the BMP logo towards the rear of the car.

BeastMode335i 04-23-2018 11:10 AM

Looks nice man, good luck..!

KPDcompany 04-23-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeastMode335i (Post )
Looks nice man, good luck..!

Thank you!, I appreciate it.

syn909 04-23-2018 10:57 PM

This is perfect for my needs, I just picked up a 335i and want to install the Walboro for e85 compatibility. Sign me up!

NoGuru 04-24-2018 11:51 AM

I was going to upgrade the lpfp very soon so I would be willing to test a mount and make a DIY pump for a Walboro 450.

KPDcompany 04-24-2018 12:32 PM

Sounds good guys, thanks for the interest. PM for info if you are interested in getting a bracket before they are available from BMP.

NoGuru 05-07-2018 06:08 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I received my bracket and a nice pen with it. The part is very light weight but seems durable. It is printed in a high resolution but I am not sure what the materiel is. Great quality of the print.
The install is pretty straight forward for DIY guys. The only parts that held me up a little is pushing in the hose release buttons on two hoses and pulling while trying to hold the bucket up in the tank.
I cut the connector off my old pump and soldered and shrink wrapped the connections.
Hooked it up and was up and run in about an hour in total. :drinking:

KPDcompany 05-07-2018 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoGuru (Post )
I received my bracket and a nice pen with it. The part is very light weight but seems durable. It is printed in a high resolution but I am not sure what the materiel is. Great quality of the print.
The install is pretty straight forward for DIY guys. The only parts that held me up a little is pushing in the hose release buttons on two hoses and pulling while trying to hold the bucket up in the tank.
I cut the connector off my old pump and soldered and shrink wrapped the connections.
Hooked it up and was up and run in about an hour in total. :drinking:

Glad you like it and it went well! The material is a Carbon Fiber Nylon Composite. VERY Strong. Glad to hear it went well!

orteeze 05-07-2018 08:41 AM

KPDcompany, can I get a dual walbro 450? ;)

KPDcompany 05-07-2018 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orteeze (Post )
KPDcompany, can I get a dual walbro 450? ;)

I'm Printing yours out this week. Test units have went out, yours will be out shortly!

Nanometer 05-07-2018 10:29 AM

Wish I knew about this sooner, I replaced my bucket a few months back.

KPDcompany 05-07-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanometer (Post )
Wish I knew about this sooner, I replaced my bucket a few months back.

With a stock one? Hey it's never too late ;) its easy and quick. Also these will be up on BMP's website fairly soon!

EDIT- Just saw your signature where you have a stage 2.

Nanometer 05-07-2018 10:39 AM

a stage 2 fuelit bucket, good replacement, but expensive

KPDcompany 05-07-2018 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanometer (Post )
a stage 2 fuelit bucket, good replacement, but expensive

Ya it is nice, but you are right, that was my main reason for creating this, make something available to people who didn't care to have a bucket, DIY'ers or budget minded folks.

Also, anyone know why the "strike-through" doesn't work on here like the below?

[s] test [/s] ?

Aus335iguy 06-09-2018 05:23 PM

Sent you an email need one shipped to Aus fairly sharply if you can ?

KPDcompany 06-10-2018 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aus335iguy (Post )
Sent you an email need one shipped to Aus fairly sharply if you can ?

I emailed you back this morning, thanks for the interest.