N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lexus, Maserati, Alfa, Jeep, Diesel, McLaren, and other new applications (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   JB4 for Alfa Romeo Giulia & Stelvio Quadrifoglio QV (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58259)

Terry @ BMS 01-22-2020 09:51 PM

Finally got some QV production harnesses in! Will get the system up on our site later this week.

turbologist 02-13-2020 10:23 AM

Checking in to see if you have any updates on firmware, user feedback, and/or any new numbers...

Timr3k 02-15-2020 02:50 PM

Just got mine installed! Waiting on getting my used connect kit unlocked so I can use the map and verify it's working before I take it out. Excited to feel the difference!

Is there only the original firmware for the QV released or is there a more current stable version?

Terry @ BMS 02-15-2020 03:19 PM

Latest v2 firmware is in the first post.

Tek9jt@gmail.com 03-31-2020 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
Was able to hit the dyno today for a little baseline testing. Car is all stock with around 1000 miles on it, running on 91 octane with a few gallons of E85 added in for good measure.

Did all runs in 5th gear and wasn't able to find a good way to avoid the downshift without just flooring it slowly preventing valid readings below around 3500rpm. Kickdown hasn't been an issue on the road so maybe just a dyno headache. Despite that got some great baseline runs and was able to play around a little with the early JB4 tuning.

Also not 100% if the boost calibration in the JB4 logging software is accurate yet. Working on confirming that. It's in the ballpark though.

Best stock run was 456whp and 448wtq at around 22psi peak and the best tuned run was 501whp and 506wtq at around 25psi peak. In areas of the curve gains were 60whp+ so overall quite a big power jump for the modest boost increase. Which is good news for tuning!

Next step will be to take over wastegate control with the JB4 so we can push boost a little higher and see what this 2.9L can really do. :popcorn

@Terry... what mode did you do the dyno runs on? Iím pretty sure it was manual but did you run it in N, D, or Race?

BlackMambaQV 07-28-2020 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS (Post )
Map is a custom map boost profile you input under the user adjustments tab.

We suggest using our preloaded maps.

How can I get a copy of Map 2? I am looking to create a custom map 6 based on map 2. Currenty the map 6 set points look like they are map 3 based on the 5 psi set points I am seeing in the user adjustment tables.

The lower RPM ranges seem like the are tapered maybe for traction purposes? I would like to change that. I donít mind the backend wiggling a little on throttle:):)

Terry @ BMS 07-28-2020 02:43 PM

Look at your map2 log and refer to target in the log.

RicoCerda 07-28-2020 07:51 PM

JB4 for Giulia 2.0 and 2.9

Hi,

I recently bought a Quadrifoglio but I have my JB4 from my Giulia 2.0 that is only a couple of months old. Can that we updated to work with the Quadrifoglio? Or do I need to buy an entirely new JB4?

Thanks!

Terry @ BMS 07-29-2020 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicoCerda (Post )
Hi,

I recently bought a Quadrifoglio but I have my JB4 from my Giulia 2.0 that is only a couple of months old. Can that we updated to work with the Quadrifoglio? Or do I need to buy an entirely new JB4?

Thanks!

Nice upgrade! Unfortunately the system is different. But email me we can give you a small discount on the new unit to help ease the pain. terry@burgertuning.com

B9S4Chris 08-07-2020 06:34 AM

Looking to grt a stelvio quad as a family car. Whats map 2 pushing 0-60 , and the Quarter mile?

TypeRaw 08-27-2020 05:58 AM

Good morning everyone, I just picked up my 17, I was wondering I’m going to order this ASAP. My question is I have my Jb4 from my Type r still. Will the Bluetooth adapter work from that with this?

TypeRaw 08-28-2020 05:24 AM

Quote:

Nice upgrade! Unfortunately the system is different. But email me we can give you a small discount on the new unit to help ease the pain. terry@burgertuning.com

For my previous question

TypeRaw 09-01-2020 08:48 PM

Trying to buy this

Quote:

Iím trying to pick this up. I have my type r jb4 with the Bluetooth adapter. Will that one work or do I need a new one. Iím in the same position as the person above. I have my other cars jb4 and no use for it lol

dpt.tuner 11-08-2020 06:45 AM

Quote:

Look at your map2 log and refer to target in the log.

Hi Terry

I am Carlos from Spain ;), I am currently on this Giulia QV platform

I just realized when installing the ********* that the erasure of codes is only possible with the vehicle turned off, would it not be possible for it to work as in the bmw platforms?

I also just designed a flash for my vehicle, did I open the option to match it with the jb4? I can pass the file to you if necessary

Thanks

crazycam31 11-10-2020 02:37 PM

Terry,
Any plans for an exhaust valve control similar to what the Squadra dongle can do? I would prefer to just save the money and get the JB4 only. This is probably the only lingering question holding me back. Thanks.

TypeRaw 12-01-2020 06:23 AM

Quote:

Finally got some QV production harnesses in! Will get the system up on our site later this week.

I have the jb4 installed for about a week and I just got the service electronic throttle pop up. Anyone have this ?

cptncreme 01-01-2021 05:05 PM

Anyone have any quarter mile times with this installed on their QV?

TypeRaw 01-08-2021 06:42 PM

Quick log on e30.

1 Attachment(s)
Quick hwy pull log. First time on e30 map 3 how does it look ?

Terry @ BMS 01-08-2021 06:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks good to me! Boost, timing, and AFR as expected.