N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels and Tires (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Race wheels (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44133)

Sicmadek 12-20-2016 11:16 AM

Race wheels
 
So what are our options for a drag pack set up? Been drag racing my whole life and i have no problem a set of 17s on the car all the time with drag radials.

Newguy123 12-20-2016 11:22 AM

Kosei k1. They aren't very wide at 8.5" but are super light 16.xx lbs per wheel

Sicmadek 12-20-2016 11:25 AM

So kosei k1 or enkei rpf1 is all?

Immaculate 02-16-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newguy123 (Post )
Kosei k1. They aren't very wide at 8.5" but are super light 16.xx lbs per wheel

I'm looking at getting a set of these to run on the drag strip here and there for the rears.

Any tires you would recommend? I've been looking at the Nitto NT555r's in 245-45-17.

Sicmadek 02-16-2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Immaculate (Post )
I'm looking at getting a set of these to run on the drag strip here and there for the rears.

Any tires you would recommend? I've been looking at the Nitto NT555r's in 245-45-17.

Same exact combo i was just looking at

phil1320 02-16-2017 12:57 PM

Get yourself some Apex Arc-8. They come in 9, 9.5, 10, etc so you can get the exact look and setup you want. The 9" apex arc8 is lighter than the 8.5" Kosei k1 and I haven't heard of Apex wheels cracking but I've read quite a few horror stories from k1's.

For my setup. I'm doing 17x9" apex arc-8 (I wanted 9.5" but found some used 9" for a great price) and I'm doing 275/40/17 Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S tires

1stupidsailor 03-12-2017 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil1320 (Post )
Get yourself some Apex Arc-8. They come in 9, 9.5, 10, etc so you can get the exact look and setup you want. The 9" apex arc8 is lighter than the 8.5" Kosei k1 and I haven't heard of Apex wheels cracking but I've read quite a few horror stories from k1's.

For my setup. I'm doing 17x9" apex arc-8 (I wanted 9.5" but found some used 9" for a great price) and I'm doing 275/40/17 Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S tires

I was looking at these, though not purely for a drag setup, just as a replacement to my 401's. I would like the 19x10.5" in the back to support a wider tire, but I'm guessing it would rub with like a 295/30/19 on there. They're ET22, so not sure how much room we have to play with back there. Even with the wider rim, they're still 7lbs a piece lighter than stock, gets even better once the run-flats go away.

Thisisdudewhoru 03-13-2017 04:52 AM

So I know that if I have a low tire pressure, the car won't let me go in sport or sport plus. Will the car act weird with drag setup on it if I don't even have tpms sensors in them?

Sicmadek 04-10-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thisisdudewhoru (Post )
So I know that if I have a low tire pressure, the car won't let me go in sport or sport plus. Will the car act weird with drag setup on it if I don't even have tpms sensors in them?

My 437 reps dont have any tpms in them. Tire light stays on and i can still go into sport+ and turn dsc off.

BazBar 09-06-2017 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thisisdudewhoru (Post )
So I know that if I have a low tire pressure, the car won't let me go in sport or sport plus. Will the car act weird with drag setup on it if I don't even have tpms sensors in them?

I know this is an old one but:
Have also got this problem, if i lower the rear tyre pressure below 23 psi on my 140i (2017) R88s tyres it put the car in nanny mode ....And i can not turn it off ?.
Has anyone got wheels that do not have the TPMS in them on 2016/17 cars, if so how have you got around this issue.

I know on my old 135i (2008) i could reset it to a lower pressure and all was fine. But this does not happen on the newer cars?.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:47 PM.


Copyright 2007 - 2018, N54tech.com