N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels and Tires (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   QUESTION ON WINTER TIRES SIZE FOR 19 (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50496)

cebrailbakan 11-17-2017 01:50 PM

QUESTION ON WINTER TIRES SIZE FOR 19

MY car is AWD , I have big brake kit so I don’t have the chance of using 18” rims. I have 19 inch rims. When I used 235/35/19 front and 255/35/19 rear , the DTC chimes in and doesn’t let me go. When I back to 225/35/19 front and 255/30/19 rear the problem solved but in this size I can’t find any winter tires. Could anyone please tell me a definite size for 19” winter tires which I won’t live any issues ?

Thanks in advance.

LessIsMore 11-20-2017 02:11 PM

That tells me the DTC thinks the 255/35's are too tall.
Are the 225/35 and 255/30 the same overall diameter? If not that could be the issue.
you need to find a combo that nets you very close to the stock-tire rolling diameter, regardless of the width.

drmdvl 11-29-2017 11:46 AM

Your initial setup had a rolling diameter diff of +2% - no no on xdrive, keep it <1% like your reverted setup.

Just go square for the winter setup. It will save you headaches in keeping your rolling diameter in check while trying to find available 19" winter tires.
Plus, you'll get better handling / traction in snow when your rear tires can just follow the tread cut by your front tires.

If you have more dry days than wet, snow and ice handling is not a priority, or you cant bear narrow tires on the rear for winter, then find a staggered set but you are going to have a hard time finding wide in that low of a profile.
Michelin has alpine PA4, Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60, in 255/35-19, you will have to run 245/45 on the front (28MM taller than your last front tire and youll have to test fit for clearance)

cebrailbakan 11-29-2017 12:02 PM

Thanks for the reply guys. But I can’t run with square tires as my BBS rims have different offset , but yet I will try it

drmdvl 11-29-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cebrailbakan (Post )
Thanks for the reply guys. But I can’t run with square tires as my BBS rims have different offset , but yet I will try it

Your initial setup had a rolling diameter diff of +2% - no no on xdrive, keep it <1% like your reverted setup.

Just go square for the winter setup. It will save you headaches in keeping your rolling diameter in check while trying to find available 19" winter tires.
Plus, you'll get better handling / traction in snow when your rear tires can just follow the tread cut by your front tires.

If you have more dry days than wet, snow and ice handling is not a priority, or you cant bear narrow tires on the rear for winter, then find a staggered set but you are going to have a hard time finding wide in that low of a profile.
Michelin has alpine PA4, Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60, in 255/35-19, you will have to run 245/45 on the front (28MM taller than your last front tire and youll have to test fit for clearance)

Different offsets is expected. Do you mean different widths? Even if your wheel widths are staggered, you can run square tires.