N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   JB4 Mobile (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Next Gauge Theme (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56871)

Dmac @ BMS/DMD 02-17-2019 02:25 PM

Next Gauge Theme

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, I wanted to reach out to check what kind of gauge theme you all would like to see. Once we get a few rough options, I'll make a poll so we can vote on which one will come out next.

Let us know the kind of gauge (bars, radial, etc.), color scheme, and any other relevant info you want. If you want to mock something up to give an example, even better!

The Needle Fill theme (by Masterwang) can be found below. If sizes and filenames remain exactly the same, that makes my life much easier. :)

mtlquattro 02-17-2019 10:31 PM

For the audi guys, something that could mimic the gauges in the virtual ****pit would look clean!

chadillac2000 02-18-2019 07:08 AM

+1 for getting something as close as can be to the OEM gauges. In my E82, I already leave the layout on 6 gauges, circle, with amber lighting solely because it's the closest to my others and I like the uniformity.

PS, thanks again for this app. I use it everyday and it makes my life easier and more interesting!

keninger 02-18-2019 02:55 PM

Hi,

I have a suggestion. I think you should publish the files for a basic theme as a template (I mean what size the images should be and what the app is expecting), so the community can contribute. Design themes, or make a way so they are easily implementable for custom use.

THE BEAST 02-18-2019 05:22 PM

Would still like a fix to the android / samsung galaxy s9+ . I HATE having to unplug the adapter and replug EVERYTIME to use the app. Same adapter for Carly, MHD, etc. Issue is only with JB4 app. I have already emailed before and still no fix.

Jason @ BMS 02-19-2019 12:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What do you guys think about a JB4 logo on all the gauge screens, a JB4 start up screen, and an option to make any of the gauges full screen?

codesx 02-19-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE BEAST (Post )
Would still like a fix to the android / samsung galaxy s9+ . I HATE having to unplug the adapter and replug EVERYTIME to use the app. Same adapter for Carly, MHD, etc. Issue is only with JB4 app. I have already emailed before and still no fix.

Sucks. I can tell you that the Bluetooth (rev 3) kit works with the S9+, 100%.

codesx 02-19-2019 10:15 AM

I'm in favor of being able to add even more gauges than 6.
I don't mind a row of small below (x5) and a row of large (x3) up top.

brancky3 02-19-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason @ BMS (Post )
What do you guys think about a JB4 logo on all the gauge screens, a JB4 start up screen, and an option to make any of the gauges full screen?

I don't care for the JB4 logos on the screen (we all know what we have :lol) but I really want the ability to customize the number of gauges on the screen (whether it be 1, 2, 4, or 6). Sometimes I only want to see boost, sometimes I only want to see IATs - they're too small to see with 6 on the page when the car is getting to be so fast :burnrubber:

Quote:

Originally Posted by codesx (Post )

THIS would be cool too. Maybe you guys could just give us a grid layout and we could drag / resize gauges as needed to meet our need.

One last edit: would it be possible to make colors on the graphs editable? And customize thresholds for each color for each metric?

Dmac @ BMS/DMD 02-19-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtlquattro (Post )
For the audi guys, something that could mimic the gauges in the virtual ****pit would look clean!

Can you get me a few good pics of what you're referring to?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadillac2000 (Post )
+1 for getting something as close as can be to the OEM gauges. In my E82, I already leave the layout on 6 gauges, circle, with amber lighting solely because it's the closest to my others and I like the uniformity.

PS, thanks again for this app. I use it everyday and it makes my life easier and more interesting!

Glad you're enjoying it! Yes, I tried to make the amber color as close to my 135i lighting as possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keninger (Post )
Hi,

I have a suggestion. I think you should publish the files for a basic theme as a template (I mean what size the images should be and what the app is expecting), so the community can contribute. Design themes, or make a way so they are easily implementable for custom use.

I'll edit the first post here and attach the template we use for the Needle Fill theme.

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE BEAST (Post )

This thread isn't for this topic, but:
Download USB Device Info from the Play Store.
Open that app.
Connect the cable.
Does that app show anything connected?
Repeat this a few times to verify.

If you have issues in this app as well, then there is an issue with your device, OTG cable, or BMS Data cable.

Please respond to this in another thread or via email.

Quote:

Individual full-screen gauges shouldn't be too hard to get going.

Quote:

Originally Posted by codesx (Post )

Quote:

Originally Posted by brancky3 (Post )
I don't care for the JB4 logos on the screen (we all know what we have :lol) but I really want the ability to customize the number of gauges on the screen (whether it be 1, 2, 4, or 6). Sometimes I only want to see boost, sometimes I only want to see IATs - they're too small to see with 6 on the page when the car is getting to be so fast :burnrubber:

THIS would be cool too. Maybe you guys could just give us a grid layout and we could drag / resize gauges as needed to meet our need.

One last edit: would it be possible to make colors on the graphs editable? And customize thresholds for each color for each metric?

We can see about starting this custom layout with this new theme.

Regarding the graphing changes, it's doable and will tie into some info I'll be releasing about upcoming Android changes.

Jason @ BMS 02-19-2019 12:47 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I don't care for the JB4 logos on the screen (we all know what we have :lol)

The JB4 logo on the gauge screen/app is for when people post screen shots, photos, or videos of the app or gauges we can advertise JB4. It's a marketing thing more than a user awareness thing.

Here's someone mistaking the JB4 app for MHD. The fuel it app has the logo on it. dragy has a JB4 startup screen. Why not add it to the JB4 app?

brancky3 02-19-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

The JB4 logo on the gauge screen/app is for when people post screen shots or photos of the app or gauges we can advertise JB4. It's a marketing thing more than a user awareness thing.

Not sure this is possible, but it would be cool if the app would automatically apply a watermark on screenshots for this reason. As long as the logo doesn't take up any real estate from the gauges there would be no concern for it being there

suspenceful 02-19-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadillac2000 (Post )

Agreed - I would love to see some BMW speedo gauge type of replication.

GotPwned 02-19-2019 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suspenceful (Post )
Agreed - I would love to see some BMW speedo gauge type of replication.

+1 to this.

Jason @ BMS 02-19-2019 02:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Layout with 7 gauges.

InKcmob 02-19-2019 05:04 PM

Completely concur that having them skinned as bimmer dials would be nice.

MRC-5.56 02-20-2019 05:49 AM

any way to make an option to custom color each of the 6 gauges? For example I would like to have most the amber color but do boost gauge green and IAT gauge blue etc..

N54_ABQ 02-20-2019 08:59 AM

Personally I couldn't care less about more themes, colors etc...

What I would like to see is a way to define what parameters are shown on the gauges. 6 on screen is still fine but being able to select high and low fuel pressures, fuel trims, BOTH banks of AFRs, VANOS requested and actual position, IAT and so on.

The only way now to see that info is to take a log and view the graph, which in the app you have to eyeball since there's no way to pinpoint values at a specific spot on the graph.

Being able to glance at one parameter on the gauges during a pull would make troubleshooting and tuning much easier!

brancky3 02-20-2019 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N54_ABQ (Post )
Personally I couldn't care less about more themes, colors etc...

What I would like to see is a way to define what parameters are shown on the gauges. 6 on screen is still fine but being able to select high and low fuel pressures, fuel trims, BOTH banks of AFRs, VANOS requested and actual position, IAT and so on.

The only way now to see that info is to take a log and view the graph, which in the app you have to eyeball since there's no way to pinpoint values at a specific spot on the graph.

Being able to glance at one parameter on the gauges during a pull would make troubleshooting and tuning much easier!

Wait a second, am I understanding you correctly? You want to change which parameter is on <gauge 3>? You can already do that

N54_ABQ 02-20-2019 10:26 AM

Quote:

Wait a second, am I understanding you correctly? You want to change which parameter is on <gauge 3>? You can already do that

AWESOME! Just tried it. Is this a new thing? I looked this up in the past and was told they were locked.
Sorry for the dumb post...

suspenceful 02-20-2019 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N54_ABQ (Post )
AWESOME! Just tried it. Is this a new thing? I looked this up in the past and was told they were locked.
Sorry for the dumb post...

This has been around for as long as I can remember :burnrubber:

codesx 02-21-2019 10:57 AM

Just a note - my use is 100% horizontal. I'm not sure what is most common.
I'm actually quite happy with my 6 dials. So long as I don't loose this I'll continue to be happy.

- However -

My car is parked and un-powered for the winter or I'd check the following; (described colors would be background of gauge, maybe inter 2/3, leaving the outer (with the numbers) unchanged)

- Can the AFR gauge turn yellow/red as the values creep towards the un-ideal? (prior to kicking to Map 4)
- Boost be Green unless more than 2 PSI off Target for more than 2 seconds?
- IAT go red if over a user defined threshold
- Trans, Water, Oil have a yellow (warming), green (ideal) and red (too hot)

Really being creative, of the 6 gauges on screen, maybe have the two on the right side (horizontal) only show DME parameters that are starting to go outside of ideal boundaries, but have still not triggered the Safety Map.
So, if the LPFP value is getting within 5% of triggering the Safety Map, have that gauge pop-up on the right in yellow, or even blinking? (on for 4/5 of a second, off for 1/5 of a second, repeating)

This type of action could help reduce the time looking at the log, and only doing so if we see thresholds breached.

So, User Definable Thresholds for each Parameter, where it turns yellow(/red) on breach. Further, the option of having a background monitored values be brought to the foreground on threshold breach. (pre Safety Map being triggered).

TwistedX 02-22-2019 07:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD (Post )
Hey guys, I wanted to reach out to check what kind of gauge theme you all would like to see. Once we get a few rough options, I'll make a poll so we can vote on which one will come out next.

Let us know the kind of gauge (bars, radial, etc.), color scheme, and any other relevant info you want. If you want to mock something up to give an example, even better!

The Needle Fill theme (by Masterwang) can be found below. If sizes and filenames remain exactly the same, that makes my life much easier. :)

It wont let me upload the pic of what I would like, can I email/PM it?

**edit, was able to zip it

Ritter 02-25-2019 09:54 AM

I would like to see the ability to have multiple pages for gauges. swipe left and you have another page of six gauges. this way you can monitor many parameters not just 6. also what about a volt meter, calculated hp and torque? similar to the boost gauge with saving max record with double tap to view and reset.

codesx 02-25-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ritter (Post )
I would like to see the ability to have multiple pages for gauges. swipe left and you have another page of six gauges. this way you can monitor many parameters not just 6. also what about a volt meter, calculated hp and torque? similar to the boost gauge with saving max record with double tap to view and reset.

Sexy.

Speaking of double-tap for max;
Max boost should not reflect the momentary spike when you let off the gas, just prior to the boost being vented.
Max boost is always a lie, and this makes me sad.