N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   N54 (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Plans for integrating JB4 with MHD flex fuel? (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54965)

DamnDatsun 01-03-2019 02:27 PM

Eagerly awaiting this

dtran09 02-10-2019 09:25 AM

Any updates? Thanks

Terry @ BMS 02-10-2019 06:12 PM

Yes have the basics all worked out, got sidetracked with the N54 automatic launch mode.

Payam @ BMS 02-11-2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
Yes have the basics all worked out, got sidetracked with the N54 automatic launch mode.

It's been raining like crazy here so hopefully this week I'll be able to bring it by since I think it stopped for a few days?

Prototype007 02-18-2019 09:17 AM

Does the current Fuel-It analyzer that wires into the JB4 not play a role in modifying fueling when also running port injection?

I have the kit on my N54 along with the JB4, PI, and PI Controller, but do not have the system activated or the BEF for it since I'm busy chasing ghost with air temp issues.

Terry @ BMS 02-18-2019 09:33 AM

Yes it can, the JB4 can be set to scale port injection on E85 mixture. Technically speaking the way the MHD flex fuel works you can use their kit or the Fuel-IT kit. The fee is on the MHD side when you load the E85 integrated compatible flash. Still sorting out the details, weather around here is not cooperating!

Terry @ BMS 02-22-2019 07:50 PM

Making some progress here, could use a few testers. If you have a flex fuel kit installed and want better integration via the MHD back end flash drop me an email. :)

Milan 02-24-2019 08:00 PM

Quote:

Making some progress here, could use a few testers. If you have a flex fuel kit installed and want better integration via the MHD back end flash drop me an email. :)

Which kit do we need? I've been waiting on you tell me what to buy. I can get the Fuel it kit or the Motiv one

Terry @ BMS 02-24-2019 08:27 PM

We're partial to the Fuel-IT kit. :) But either one works.

Technically speaking the analyzer sends in a 0-5v signal to the ECU relating to actual E85 mixture. And then the the JB4 reads this signal from the ECU and uses that to direct the tuning. MHD has ~$99 fee to unlock the new table blending which is automatically detected when you go to load the FLEX BEF and prompts you to buy a license for it.

Milan 02-25-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

We're partial to the Fuel-IT kit. :) But either one works.

Technically speaking the analyzer sends in a 0-5v signal to the ECU relating to actual E85 mixture. And then the the JB4 reads this signal from the ECU and uses that to direct the tuning. MHD has ~$99 fee to unlock the new table blending which is automatically detected when you go to load the FLEX BEF and prompts you to buy a license for it.

Thatís what I thought. So do we need motivís flex fuel box thing or does the JB4 replace that?

Slewis336 02-28-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milan (Post )
Thatís what I thought. So do we need motivís flex fuel box thing or does the JB4 replace that?

Curious of this also. Iíd be willing to help test it out.

Stephtech 03-03-2019 08:08 PM

Quote:

@Terry did you found a way to enable the launch on N54? I could not find any message mentioning it yet

Milan 03-07-2019 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slewis336 (Post )
Curious of this also. Iíd be willing to help test it out.

I talked to Terry via email and learned that we can use Fuel-It's or Motiv's flex fuel unit. The JB4 will read E content from the DME.

I don't have either yet, but I am down to order one, kinda hoping someone else can confirm it works first.

07murderedcoupe 03-24-2019 12:44 AM

Any updates? Do I just do regular install of everything and which bef do we want to use with it? Plan is e50

Milan 03-28-2019 08:55 AM

Is anyone testing this? I have the line and the sensor but not an analyzer yet. I think a lot of people would make use of this if there was just a little bit of documentation out there.

Edit: Ordered the analyzer from Motiv

Slewis336 04-10-2019 05:53 AM

I have the fuel-it flex fuel kit and it’s hard wired into my JB4. Reads perfectly on my JB4 gauge. Where do I download the Flex Fuel BEF that allows interpolation?

Slewis336 04-10-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slewis336 (Post )
I have the fuel-it flex fuel kit and itís hard wired into my JB4. Reads perfectly on my JB4 gauge. Where do I download the Flex Fuel BEF that allows interpolation?

I downloaded the latest BEF maps and it looks like the flex fuel is in all of the of the folders except the I8A0S?

Prototype007 05-03-2019 09:19 PM

Bumping this for updates

trebila 05-04-2019 02:28 AM

Hi Terry

I have a JB4 customer with the Motiv Flex Fuel kit installed.
I've built a Flex fuel tune already, seems to work well, but he still have to adjust manually the fuel bias on the JB4, depending from the E content.

He's using the Motiv Ethanol Analyser, but the PI kit is still controlled by the BMS PI controller, not the SS one.

How can he wire the JB4 to the DME to read the E content from the Motiv analyser, so he won't have to adjust the fuel bias anymore, whatever the fuel he use ??

chronicvex 05-05-2019 05:37 PM

Hello Terry,

I didn't see where I could email you, but I have the Motiv Flex Fuel setup installed and would be happy to to some testing for you on my 08 335i. It has been installed using their instructions. Right now I'm using full MHD OTS Flex Fuel, but I would much prefer to go back to my JB4 with MHD BEF. PS. My car is I8A0S.

ryanamini@gmail.com

FBO
RB One Turbos
Walbro 525 LPFP
Tank to HPFP /w Ethanol Sensor and Motiv FF Box

fn42 05-06-2019 07:54 AM

just adding a comment to express my interest in this and support for the FF PIDs in the jb4 logs.

I am attaching my (ije0s, jb4 compatible, FOR YOUR ENLIGHTENMENT ONLY) tune in case anyone wants to modify it for their own purposes. It's the BMS pump gas tune with my own custom fuel maps for FF and a pretty conservative FF timing map: JB4_IJE0S_PUMP_3_FF_JAKE23.bin - Google Drive

Terry @ BMS 05-09-2019 03:21 PM

Sorry sort of dropped the ball on this with other development going on around here. If anyone has the flex fuel kit installed and feeding in to the ECU let's confirm the JB4 is reading the signal properly and get to work on the mapping!

buster84 05-11-2019 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebila (Post )
Hi Terry

I have a JB4 customer with the Motiv Flex Fuel kit installed.
I've built a Flex fuel tune already, seems to work well, but he still have to adjust manually the fuel bias on the JB4, depending from the E content.

He's using the Motiv Ethanol Analyser, but the PI kit is still controlled by the BMS PI controller, not the SS one.

How can he wire the JB4 to the DME to read the E content from the Motiv analyser, so he won't have to adjust the fuel bias anymore, whatever the fuel he use ??

Hey trebila, last we talked you were still waiting on Terry for the e85 maps (last year), is the new flex maps available now? If so I'll be happy to pay you again to update my backend flash again. I'm so ready for the day I can stop changing my flash at gas stations just for e85.

alvinhobh 05-12-2019 07:44 PM

Quote:

Sorry sort of dropped the ball on this with other development going on around here. If anyone has the flex fuel kit installed and feeding in to the ECU let's confirm the JB4 is reading the signal properly and get to work on the mapping!

Terry,

I have a flex fuel kit up and running. If I turn on the Ethanol Setup "DTML Flex Fuel", it does read the same % ethanol as the MHD, I haven't tried multiple % to see if it follows well or not.

Now to Trebila’s point, is there any wiring changes to the JB4 so I don’t have to adjust fuel bias? What should I set all the fuel bias to once the DME is reading from the FF kit?

Thanks

trebila 05-13-2019 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buster84 (Post )
Hey trebila, last we talked you were still waiting on Terry for the e85 maps (last year), is the new flex maps available now? If so I'll be happy to pay you again to update my backend flash again. I'm so ready for the day I can stop changing my flash at gas stations just for e85.

just drop me an e-mail ;)