N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   Support & Log Review (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Jb4 Menu 4/4 (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58074)

General.Massacre 05-19-2019 04:38 AM

Jb4 Menu 4/4

Hi all.
So I've reading a lot of threads. But a little inconclusive.

I am considering using JB4 with Menu 4/4 for full flash and to be able to utilise the Methanol System

I know you can place the white sub connector back to stock to have the Car run boost via the Flash.
And keep the JB4 Subconnector connected to have JB4 control boost.

I read that I can use any map as long as it's not Map0. Is this count for white subconnector connected or disconnected?
And will Map 3, 6 or 7 still control meth?

Thanks in advance to everyone.

Hope to hear soon.
Justin

Terry @ BMS 05-19-2019 10:13 AM

There are lots of ways to do it, just depends on what you're trying to do. If you just want meth to be mapped out but with no safety systems or tuning at all then that is how you'd do it. Mode 4/4 white subconnector disconnected.

A better implementation would be mode 4/3 and map3 for WMI using a variable additive to determine boost target under full meth flow. You'll never target below the flash target then but will go over it based on additive when WMI is properly flowing.

The best implementation is 4/2 and map3. But like I said, there are lots of options and the devil is in the details.

General.Massacre 05-19-2019 10:41 AM

Haha wow making it even more confusing.
So you saying I can use full flash also on 4/3 also?
I know 4/2 is BEF mode only. But there is alot of options here and searching it all is limiting.

I'd like to use Meth with JB4 and utilise a full flash map and test it back to back with the BEF option.
Keeping as many safety options as possible.

Looking to learn as most I can with this and get better knowledge like you guys have.

AWSAWS 05-20-2019 11:59 AM

Does the Op understand that a back end flash does about 99% of what a full flash does but let's the JB4 decide boost targets with added safeties?

Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! 05-21-2019 03:52 AM

With the JB4 disabled / full flash- imo that’s what you miss, the safety aspect.

General.Massacre 05-21-2019 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWSAWS (Post )
Does the Op understand that a back end flash does about 99% of what a full flash does but let's the JB4 decide boost targets with added safeties?

Hi AWSAWS,
I do understand what the Back End Flash provides. was just interested in the JB4's full range of features.

I do like the safety aspect,
Im currently driving without the BEF at the moment and menu 4/3.
Will be loading the BEF back on the car soon as i can as i am travelling.
I think i felt the DCT clutch slip this morning on a map3 pull for a log, and thats very concerning for me.

AWSAWS 05-23-2019 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by General.Massacre (Post )
Hi AWSAWS,
I do understand what the Back End Flash provides. was just interested in the JB4's full range of features.

I do like the safety aspect,
Im currently driving without the BEF at the moment and menu 4/3.
Will be loading the BEF back on the car soon as i can as i am travelling.
I think i felt the DCT clutch slip this morning on a map3 pull for a log, and thats very concerning for me.

You need to run a flash/back end flash with raised reported torque as the tcu determines clutch clamping force from that. It will prevent slippage and accelerated wear.

General.Massacre 05-25-2019 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWSAWS (Post )
You need to run a flash/back end flash with raised reported torque as the tcu determines clutch clamping force from that. It will prevent slippage and accelerated wear.

I assume this would be via Custom Flash.
Which is on my to do list.
thanks you for that little gem.