JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion

JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   VW/Audi Group (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   JB4 for Gen3 VAG Group (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50428)

George @ BMS 12-18-2018 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZuMBLe (Post )
Is there any chance the VW JB4 will ever be able to support more than one user programmed map? If the hardware doesn't allow it, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a version of the JB4 that doesn't do meth, and use that memory for more user maps.

On the app you can go to the bottom of the user adjustment page and save config to save current settings and name it and then create more maps this way. You use Load Config to load the map you want to use.

Nora2004 12-18-2018 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George @ BMS (Post )
On the app you can go to the bottom of the user adjustment page and save config to save current settings and name it and then create more maps this way. You use Load Config to load the map you want to use.

I like this idea! Is it ok to do this as I'm driving?

ZuMBLe 12-18-2018 07:27 AM

Can that be done on the fly when the car is moving? It writes all the user adjustment data again right? I sometimes get write errors when saving map 6 settings (rare). I've used the save config before, but never tried recalling it. It's also stored on the phone instead of the JB4 right? So if you upgrade your phone and forget to transfer the maps, they are all gone?

Build more user savable maps in to JB4 which can be changed on the fly! It would be awesome for tuning. It would be great if I could create 2 or 3 personal maps and switch quickly for logging and testing. Build it! :happy

:burnrubber:

Quote:

masher55 12-30-2018 11:59 PM

@George, could you post what map 1 and map 2 actually are? settings. thnx

sirfredi 12-31-2018 02:28 AM

Does the speed deslimiter is integrate the jb4 as with the n54?
thanks

George @ BMS 12-31-2018 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masher55 (Post )
@George, could you post what map 1 and map 2 actually are? settings. thnx

If you log the maps you can see the target as a pink line at the bottom of the graphs.

If in map 6 it will look similar to this:

1500 0

2000 2

2500 3

3000 3

3500 3.5

4000 4 peak for map 1 and 5.4 peak for map 2 up to 6000rpm where it will taper back down 1psi per 1000rpm

George @ BMS 12-31-2018 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirfredi (Post )
Does the speed deslimiter is integrate the jb4 as with the n54?
thanks

With the car modules being integrated we have decided not to remove the delimiter due to safety concerns.

masher55 01-03-2019 12:38 AM

Hi George, since I did the firmware update the future use D value of 90 does not stop the CEL comming on. I am based in South Africa, I know you said it was disabled for the USA.

thx

sirfredi 01-03-2019 01:30 AM

Quote:

With the car modules being integrated we have decided not to remove the delimiter due to safety concerns.

security problems of what kind?
In Europe all the reprogrammers (APR, Dinan, etc) have this option of series and I do not see that nobody has had problems with them.

I do not know if you mean the safety of the driver, here in Europe (Germany) we have really autobahn without speed limitation, we know how to drive in this way legally.

Please, tell us how we can have this option that for us is "necessary" :burnrubber:

George @ BMS 01-03-2019 06:14 AM

Quote:

security problems of what kind?
In Europe all the reprogrammers (APR, Dinan, etc) have this option of series and I do not see that nobody has had problems with them.

I do not know if you mean the safety of the driver, here in Europe (Germany) we have really autobahn without speed limitation, we know how to drive in this way legally.

Please, tell us how we can have this option that for us is "necessary" :burnrubber:

Changing the speed limit in the cars programming is simple and safe. When using a piggy back you need to fool certain signals. With the integration of the ABS module, ECU etc it becomes complicated as you need to spoof the speed signal at all times when above a certain point.

George @ BMS 01-03-2019 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masher55 (Post )
Hi George, since I did the firmware update the future use D value of 90 does not stop the CEL comming on. I am based in South Africa, I know you said it was disabled for the USA.

thx

Email support@jb4connectkit.com and they should sort it if you using the app.

sirfredi 01-04-2019 08:46 AM

Quote:

Changing the speed limit in the cars programming is simple and safe. When using a piggy back you need to fool certain signals. With the integration of the ABS module, ECU etc it becomes complicated as you need to spoof the speed signal at all times when above a certain point.

I trust that if you could do this in my beloved n54, you can do it in the vw ;)
by the way.
I donīt see in the first post the Future use A,D =
Could you put them? or indicate where they are written ..
It is always appreciated as it was done with the n54

moser7 01-05-2019 03:33 PM

That would be very cool if the Limiter could gone. (By Switch in the App?)

Best regards,
Benjamin

infinity 01-06-2019 03:01 AM

It would be huge that George could devote time to this!
If it could be done in n54, in the vag group it should be even easy, LOL

George @ BMS 01-06-2019 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinity (Post )
It would be huge that George could devote time to this!
If it could be done in n54, in the vag group it should be even easy, LOL

Its not a matter of time. It is just something we where not able to do without safety risks so its not on the cards at this point.
The integration of speed value from car brand will vary so although we have been able to provide the feature on some brands this has not been possible on the VAG Group cars.

sirfredi 01-08-2019 02:23 AM

Is there any chance of improving the throttle?
I notice that the car has a response lag (as I read it is normal in the vag group)
I'm not talking about doing a sprint booster, but the lag it has is even dangerous when overtaking (or always drive with paddles)
with the obdeleven application I was able to modify to direct acceleration, but I do not see a significant improvement.
We need a much more aggressive and fast response when we push the pedal, right now, the management is tremendously bad (stock) and in many cases you have to step on the throttle so that the car after 1 or 2 seconds responds (OMG)
It would be tremendous that this could be solved, there are many clients in Europe who are looking forward to having this solved.

George @ BMS 01-08-2019 08:57 AM

Quote:

Is there any chance of improving the throttle?
I notice that the car has a response lag (as I read it is normal in the vag group)
I'm not talking about doing a sprint booster, but the lag it has is even dangerous when overtaking (or always drive with paddles)
with the obdeleven application I was able to modify to direct acceleration, but I do not see a significant improvement.
We need a much more aggressive and fast response when we push the pedal, right now, the management is tremendously bad (stock) and in many cases you have to step on the throttle so that the car after 1 or 2 seconds responds (OMG)
It would be tremendous that this could be solved, there are many clients in Europe who are looking forward to having this solved.

The pedal tuner we sell improves this.

On some DSG cars this lag does exist relative to the learning cycle it has done. It also gets caught out where the next selected gear is a higher gear thinking its going to shift up and the pedal input suddenly requires a shift down so it needs to disengage the higher gear and select the lower one causing that pause people complain about.

sirfredi 01-08-2019 12:55 PM

So with the jb4 we are not going to be able to improve this?
It is tremendously annoying, one more reason to love my n54

moser7 01-08-2019 02:17 PM

@sirfredi: I‘ve done a dsg tune and that Improves your problem especially in s mode of the dsg.
Now in S the car shifts 1krpm earlier and quicker. So for a fast Ride i put my Cupra in Cupra Mode for a fast throttle response and dsg in s. I think the you have a fast response. But it won‘t turn into a Naturally aspirated engine.

If you dont have the Modes to Switch in your GTI or whatever, you can but it or do you fix that with the obd11?

Grüße
Benjamin

sirfredi 01-09-2019 04:19 AM

@moser7
I honestly donīt know if it can be done with the obd11 or with the vagcom, but in my case I have a vw Arteon 2.0 TSI comes to me preconfigured 5 styles of maps. (ECO, Comfort, Normal, Sport, Individual)
What I have been able to do is the direct acceleration, but this does not solve anything lag, nor from 4 gear reduce to make the car more agile if you donīt step on the pedal to bottom (without kickdown).
The pedal box do not convince me because what they do is reduce the pedal travel itself, there is nothing magical about it.

S3 Freak 01-10-2019 08:14 AM

Hi gents,

Can you please assist, what is the difference in the November and December firmware updates?

I want boost by gear which can be set lower than ECU values which is November’s release but can you confirm if the December release also incorporates this feature?

George @ BMS 01-10-2019 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S3 Freak (Post )
Hi gents,

Can you please assist, what is the difference in the November and December firmware updates?

I want boost by gear which can be set lower than ECU values which is November’s release but can you confirm if the December release also incorporates this feature?

Both will have the boost per gear. In the December firmware we corrected the sensitivity of activating the feature as some cars where having it intervene at too light a throttle.

jagger230 01-13-2019 08:03 AM

GOLF R 2016 JB4 PROBLEMS

I LOG MY CAR IN MAP 0,1,2 MAP ZERO GIVES ME 12.6 PSI IN MAP 0 THEN MAP 1 17.9 POUNDS THEN MAP 2 19.0 PSI OF BOOST COULD ANYONE HELP ME?

George @ BMS 01-13-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagger230 (Post )
I LOG MY CAR IN MAP 0,1,2 MAP ZERO GIVES ME 12.6 PSI IN MAP 0 THEN MAP 1 17.9 POUNDS THEN MAP 2 19.0 PSI OF BOOST COULD ANYONE HELP ME?

That sounds normal. For reference the ECU does not target boost but torque with intake temperature being one of the main factors in torque calculation. In the cold the boost peaks will be significantly lower.

For reference here is a Unitronics stage 1 log I got today.

https://i.postimg.cc/cLCZ38nV/011319-0836.jpg

Jagger63 01-13-2019 09:13 PM

When will the jb4 be available threw Apple car play?