JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion

JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   VW/Audi Group (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   JB4 for Gen3 VAG Group (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50428)

MaxM97 11-20-2018 09:38 AM

So to clarify, United States users no longer have access to Future Use D 90 in the latest firmware? Best option would to get an O2 spacer?

TheBtrend 11-21-2018 12:46 PM

For the mK6 jetta 1.8t what does map 3, 5 and 7? Do? And for the 1.8t is map2 still the 5.4 Psi additive?

George @ BMS 11-21-2018 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBtrend (Post )
For the mK6 jetta 1.8t what does map 3, 5 and 7? Do? And for the 1.8t is map2 still the 5.4 Psi additive?

WE only recommend map 1 and map 2 on the 1.8T unless you do a custom map 6.
3, 5, and 7 are far too aggressive .

ZuMBLe 11-26-2018 10:11 AM

Could a functionality be added to hide maps we don't use? It would be great if the map switching from the gauge screen only showed maps you selected. I know this is something the app developer handles, and I did send the suggestion, but no response.

It would be way safer for the car and the driver if only the maps the driver may use are displayed. It takes less attention from from the road and prevents accidental switching to potentially damaging maps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by George @ BMS (Post )
WE only recommend map 1 and map 2 on the 1.8T unless you do a custom map 6.
3, 5, and 7 are far too aggressive .

George @ BMS 11-26-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZuMBLe (Post )
Could a functionality be added to hide maps we don't use? It would be great if the map switching from the gauge screen only showed maps you selected. I know this is something the app developer handles, and I did send the suggestion, but no response.

It would be way safer for the car and the driver if only the maps the driver may use are displayed. It takes less attention from from the road and prevents accidental switching to potentially damaging maps.

This can most likely be done by the JB4 recognizing the VIN of the car but the issue will be if a user has changed his turbo and the car can handle the other maps. Will give it some thought though.

ZuMBLe 11-26-2018 11:57 AM

I was thinking of this being a user setting from the APP. The user could select which maps they want displayed when they double tap the map gauge from the display screen. Instead of being presented with 8 maps (many of which won't be used), they could be presented with the few maps they will definitely want to use. This is going to be useful for your users which use the phone app (which I think is probably the majority now).

A combination of map settings via VIN and user controlled map display would be ideal though.

Quote:

This can most likely be done by the JB4 recognizing the VIN of the car but the issue will be if a user has changed his turbo and the car can handle the other maps. Will give it some thought though.

George @ BMS 11-26-2018 01:41 PM

Quote:

I was thinking of this being a user setting from the APP. The user could select which maps they want displayed when they double tap the map gauge from the display screen. Instead of being presented with 8 maps (many of which won't be used), they could be presented with the few maps they will definitely want to use. This is going to be useful for your users which use the phone app (which I think is probably the majority now).

A combination of map settings via VIN and user controlled map display would be ideal though.

Will forward that to the app developer and he can see if its possible and worthwhile. Possibly a lock feature to lock certain maps out.

ZuMBLe 11-26-2018 01:58 PM

Lock out would work also. When I'm changing maps while driving, I don't want to spend extra seconds making sure I don't press map 5, or something bad. It would be great if anything I pressed accidentally won't grenade my engine. :happy

Keep up the good work and support for the product(s).

Quote:

Will forward that to the app developer and he can see if its possible and worthwhile. Possibly a lock feature to lock certain maps out.

Terry @ BMS 12-03-2018 10:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Nice before and after log from Jeff's car with our new MBQ Platform Intercooler!

http://www.burgertuning.com/vw_mqb_p...tercooler.html

http://www.burgertuning.com/images/V...ntercooler.jpg

Attachment 81710

Attachment 81711

ZuMBLe 12-03-2018 10:55 AM

Looks good. Definitely added to my wish list. I wasn't planning on it, but I have more BMS branded aftermarket parts on my car than any other manufacturer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )

Dovolniy 12-05-2018 04:34 PM

Today I tried VW_JB4_OBDII_8_T3.hex on my Audi a5 b9 249 hp. The result is incredible, this firmware has saved from excessive inflation when switching gears. Now the car does not twitch, everything works really well. Sorry for my google translation)

Terry @ BMS 12-05-2018 06:44 PM

Quote:

Looks good. Definitely added to my wish list. I wasn't planning on it, but I have more BMS branded aftermarket parts on my car than any other manufacturer.

:drinking:

George @ BMS 12-05-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dovolniy (Post )
Today I tried VW_JB4_OBDII_8_T3.hex on my Audi a5 b9 249 hp. The result is incredible, this firmware has saved from excessive inflation when switching gears. Now the car does not twitch, everything works really well. Sorry for my google translation)

Thanks for the feedback. Happy you enjoying it.

liam8216 12-07-2018 12:24 PM

Map 6 settings

What would be good settings for the lower than ecu boost setting with Cai and cts turbo catted?

moser7 12-07-2018 01:06 PM

Hi,
Is there anything Else improved or Fine tuned with the 8 T3 over the 7 Test4 or only Boots target for gears?

Benjamin

George @ BMS 12-07-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moser7 (Post )
Hi,
Is there anything Else improved or Fine tuned with the 8 T3 over the 7 Test4 or only Boots target for gears?

Benjamin

There is back end changes to the OBD functionality.

Nora2004 12-08-2018 08:30 AM

Just ran the latest firmware on my 2017 Leon Cupra, everything seemed fine untill I was in manual mode in 1st, hitting 3krpm the car feels like it's cutting out, jerks twice and picks up and goes fine through the rest of the gears!

No fault codes, flashed the previous firmware and all is back to normal!

George @ BMS 12-08-2018 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nora2004 (Post )
Just ran the latest firmware on my 2017 Leon Cupra, everything seemed fine untill I was in manual mode in 1st, hitting 3krpm the car feels like it's cutting out, jerks twice and picks up and goes fine through the rest of the gears!

No fault codes, flashed the previous firmware and all is back to normal!

Do you have boost per gear dialed in? I have picked up a over sensitivity to throttle position that we need to iron out.

Nora2004 12-08-2018 08:38 AM

Quote:

Do you have boost per gear dialed in? I have picked up a over sensitivity to throttle position that we need to iron out.

Yes, I have 1st set to 17psi, 2nd and 3rd full boost!

George @ BMS 12-08-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Yes, I have 1st set to 17psi, 2nd and 3rd full boost!

Are you running map 6 with absolute values or Map 1 or 2?

Nora2004 12-08-2018 08:44 AM

Quote:

Are you running map 6 with absolute values or Map 1 or 2?

Yep, map 6 using the absolute values!

George @ BMS 12-08-2018 06:24 PM

Quote:

Yep, map 6 using the absolute values!

See if you can get a log of the even and email it to me at george@burgertuning.com . Took a lengthy drive now with the new firmware and couldn't replicate a issue.
Out of interest do a log with the max boost 1st set to 0 and so we can see what it does.

Nora2004 12-09-2018 12:40 PM

Quote:

See if you can get a log of the even and email it to me at george@burgertuning.com . Took a lengthy drive now with the new firmware and couldn't replicate a issue.
Out of interest do a log with the max boost 1st set to 0 and so we can see what it does.

Just emailed to George!

George @ BMS 12-15-2018 10:52 AM

Our customer Allan with the record holding Manual R went to the dyno and tested some of the maps and the limit of the turbo.

First run - Uni Stage 2 (330awhp/350wtq)
Second run - Uni Stage 2 JB4 stacked w/ meth on E30 (385awhp/400wtq)
Third run - Kill mode, turbo runs out of steam above 6000rpm and matches the "daily maps" power (400awhp/415wtq)

Power when between the Second and third run yields 119mph exits.

https://i.postimg.cc/ryDbG0bC/allandyno.jpg

ZuMBLe 12-17-2018 11:24 PM

Is there any chance the VW JB4 will ever be able to support more than one user programmed map? If the hardware doesn't allow it, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a version of the JB4 that doesn't do meth, and use that memory for more user maps.