JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion

JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   VW/Audi Group (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   JB4 for Gen3 VAG Group (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50428)

Onelowvdub 04-24-2022 10:57 AM

Ok sounds good I didn't know there was another way to change it .out of the box was 60 and I still couldn't get it to lean out .thanks again

Gti3 04-25-2022 05:28 AM

Hi George

I purchased a used JB4 which was being used on a Mk7 Clubsport.

My car is a 2020 7.5 Gti DSG - 169kw. I am located in South Africa (Durban).

The JB4 firmware version is 60/88//5. I am currently running the car on map 1 with no hardware mods. Am I all good here? or is there a setting where I need to change the car from Clubsport to regular Gti ?

Also - I intend on fitting a ******* ********. Can i run map 2 or 3 with just this ******* ********, or do I need an intake as well ?

Regards.

George @ BMS 04-26-2022 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gti3 (Post )
Hi George

I purchased a used JB4 which was being used on a Mk7 Clubsport.

My car is a 2020 7.5 Gti DSG - 169kw. I am located in South Africa (Durban).

The JB4 firmware version is 60/88//5. I am currently running the car on map 1 with no hardware mods. Am I all good here? or is there a setting where I need to change the car from Clubsport to regular Gti ?

Also - I intend on fitting a ******* ********. Can i run map 2 or 3 with just this ******* ********, or do I need an intake as well ?

Regards.

Due to the 95ron available there map 1 is the recommended map. The maps are more based on octane than hardware mods.

Gti3 04-26-2022 12:49 PM

Thanks George. I take it that I don't need to change any settings even though the JB4 came off a clubsport? Assuming map 1 is the same for both cars?

George @ BMS 04-26-2022 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gti3 (Post )
Thanks George. I take it that I don't need to change any settings even though the JB4 came off a clubsport? Assuming map 1 is the same for both cars?

If the unit has shipped settings no changes needed.

Gti3 04-27-2022 11:07 PM

Perfect, thank you.

Hally83 05-07-2022 07:45 AM

Hi George. Do you have an update on the firmware for the Australian/South African MK8 GTI / Skoda Octavia VRS MK4 with IS20? Is it ready yet?

George @ BMS 05-07-2022 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hally83 (Post )
Hi George. Do you have an update on the firmware for the Australian/South African MK8 GTI / Skoda Octavia VRS MK4 with IS20? Is it ready yet?

I dont. I am battling to get a car for testing. On 500 odd cars where delivered in South Africa so they are hard to come by. Tuning wise nothing will change we will just add the ability to use boost per gear and timing corrections reading for guys that want to do custom maps.

eeth1963 05-23-2022 09:42 AM

TCS Control Possible?

Hey guys!

I just got my JB4 installed for my mk6 a couple days ago and it's such a huge difference! I was curious. Would it be possible for a future update to have the ability to turn off/on TCS? My SE doesn't come preinstalled with a TCS button, so I would have to wire and code one myself. I was wondering if this has the the possibility to be a feature with the JB4? Or should I just go ahead and grab a kit to install a button?

Preciate it.

George @ BMS 05-23-2022 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeth1963 (Post )
Hey guys!

I just got my JB4 installed for my mk6 a couple days ago and it's such a huge difference! I was curious. Would it be possible for a future update to have the ability to turn off/on TCS? My SE doesn't come preinstalled with a TCS button, so I would have to wire and code one myself. I was wondering if this has the the possibility to be a feature with the JB4? Or should I just go ahead and grab a kit to install a button?

Preciate it.

Unfortunately this cannot be done with the JB4.

AlltrackAttack 07-26-2022 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeth1963 (Post )
Hey guys!

Preciate it.

For something like that you'll need VCDS or OBDeleven. The JB4 is amazing and have a blast with it! For option changes OBDeleven will be you're best bet.

mike82smile 08-07-2022 06:34 AM

Cool!

InfiniteEnd 08-09-2022 10:07 AM

I have a general JB4 question - just to confirm timestamp is 10=1 sec?

I'm just wondering cause according to my app, I hit a 2.2s 0-60 (Map 4 - catback mk7.5 golf r, otherwise stock) but according to timestamp, if I include the launching time, I have like a 3.x which is still sick IMO. I only have a screenshot cause I can't post links yet. - I'll try to update w/ more proof in a bit.

George @ BMS 08-09-2022 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfiniteEnd (Post )
I have a general JB4 question - just to confirm timestamp is 10=1 sec?

I'm just wondering cause according to my app, I hit a 2.2s 0-60 (Map 4 - catback mk7.5 golf r, otherwise stock) but according to timestamp, if I include the launching time, I have like a 3.x which is still sick IMO. I only have a screenshot cause I can't post links yet. - I'll try to update w/ more proof in a bit.

Time stamp will vary based on sample rate of the log so its not super accurate for this purpose.

InfiniteEnd 08-09-2022 11:18 AM

oooh so it's not eactly 10 = 1.0s. Is there a way to check or reference per log what the sampling rate is?

George @ BMS 08-09-2022 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfiniteEnd (Post )
oooh so it's not eactly 10 = 1.0s. Is there a way to check or reference per log what the sampling rate is?

It relates more to OBD output speed and that will vary based on traffic on the network.
For accurate measurement this is your best bet: https://burgertuning.com/products/dr...210256aa&_ss=r