JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion

JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   VW/Audi Group (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   JB4 for Gen3 VAG Group (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50428)

George @ BMS 05-12-2021 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstorbit (Post )
Thanks. Also, is it safe to run with JB4 unplugged from the OBD port only, without changing the map before unplugging?

Yes, on newer firmware versions from the past two years it just deactivates the JB4.

Cougar95900 05-14-2021 10:49 PM

vehicle change

Hey George, I currently have a JB4 on my 2019 MK7 GLI, but am trading it in for an 18 Audi A4. Do i need an entirely new JB4 or is there a way to change the firmware and i am guessing the Wiring connectors, to get my current unit to work? I see them as separate listings in the store..

Thx.

Edit: It is the 252hp quattro.

George @ BMS 05-15-2021 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cougar95900 (Post )
Hey George, I currently have a JB4 on my 2019 MK7 GLI, but am trading it in for an 18 Audi A4. Do i need an entirely new JB4 or is there a way to change the firmware and i am guessing the Wiring connectors, to get my current unit to work? I see them as separate listings in the store..

Thx.

Edit: It is the 252hp quattro.

Hi,

You can move it straight over with no requirement to update the firmware or settings.:burnrubber::burnrubber::burnrubber:

WheelsRnecessary 05-15-2021 07:05 PM

FUD?

I feel like a complete idiot here. I've searched for probably 2 hours now and can't find what I'm looking for. I have a CEL from my down pipe and went to clear it in user adjustment by entering value 90 in future use D. However, I can't find future use D at all on the UI. Where I believe it should be, below future use A on user adjustment, is "options" and when I click that it just has a pop up with 7 blank values and yes/no buttons. Can anyone tell me where FUD is?

George @ BMS 05-17-2021 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WheelsRnecessary (Post )
I feel like a complete idiot here. I've searched for probably 2 hours now and can't find what I'm looking for. I have a CEL from my down pipe and went to clear it in user adjustment by entering value 90 in future use D. However, I can't find future use D at all on the UI. Where I believe it should be, below future use A on user adjustment, is "options" and when I click that it just has a pop up with 7 blank values and yes/no buttons. Can anyone tell me where FUD is?

If you in the US this is something that is blocked for legal reasons.

ClixT 06-04-2021 09:34 AM

So I have a dumb question George. I'm thinking of selling my A4 for the S5... Can I reuse this JB4 and just flash the S5 tuned maps to the JB4 I currently have, or is the S5 JB4 physically different (connectors, chips, etc) than the one I have for the A4?

George @ BMS 06-05-2021 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClixT (Post )
So I have a dumb question George. I'm thinking of selling my A4 for the S5... Can I reuse this JB4 and just flash the S5 tuned maps to the JB4 I currently have, or is the S5 JB4 physically different (connectors, chips, etc) than the one I have for the A4?

Unfortunately it cannot be moved over. You will need the Group 7 if its a B9 S5.
The data cable or bluetooth module can be carried over.

ClixT 06-06-2021 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George @ BMS (Post )
Unfortunately it cannot be moved over. You will need the Group 7 if its a B9 S5.
The data cable or bluetooth module can be carried over.

Yeah I figured but thought I'd ask anyways. Thanks George.

nanogrey_s3 06-07-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

Those are the ones. It is a global setting. From the log I can see it is 18 for first and 20 for second gear.
to see the settings you need to be connected to the JB4.

Hi george i want to improve my time of 60ft and 1/4 mile, my car is a audi s3 2019 with DP, drop in air filter, turbo inlet pipe, turbo muffler delete, i'm on map 6 and i did the same times that i did with map 4

George @ BMS 06-07-2021 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanogrey_s3 (Post )
Hi george i want to improve my time of 60ft and 1/4 mile, my car is a audi s3 2019 with DP, drop in air filter, turbo inlet pipe, turbo muffler delete, i'm on map 6 and i did the same times that i did with map 4

See email I just sent re boost cut 1st.

nanogrey_s3 06-09-2021 09:16 AM

Quote:

See email I just sent re boost cut 1st.

already sent you a email, with new runs and log, check it, thank you

TimCupra 06-14-2021 10:07 AM

Hi George,

You did a custom Map6 for me on my GPF 2020(70) Seat Leon Cupra last September, many thanks for this.

I am now thinking of getting a GPF delete fitted to the car - my question is this, to get the light turned off will this require mapping ? the car has it's first oil service in September - I plan on removing the JB4 before this going in and putting back on after, but will the VW service system flag the car as being tuned / mapped and thus void warranty if I get the GPF light turned off?

Also, is another custom map6 possible for further tuning if I get the GPF removed as I know the car is basically stage 2 territory at that point?

Thanks
Tim

George @ BMS 06-14-2021 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimCupra (Post )
Hi George,

You did a custom Map6 for me on my GPF 2020(70) Seat Leon Cupra last September, many thanks for this.

I am now thinking of getting a GPF delete fitted to the car - my question is this, to get the light turned off will this require mapping ? the car has it's first oil service in September - I plan on removing the JB4 before this going in and putting back on after, but will the VW service system flag the car as being tuned / mapped and thus void warranty if I get the GPF light turned off?

Also, is another custom map6 possible for further tuning if I get the GPF removed as I know the car is basically stage 2 territory at that point?

Thanks
Tim

Hi Tim,

With the GPF fault codes will be stored. We can set the autoclear to on and keep deleting them automatically. In terms of what it stores its unknown though but we have no reports in this matter.
I guess if you do go in with mods on the GPF though you at risk.

firstorbit 06-21-2021 07:39 AM

I've got a 1.8T with DP, colder plugs, RS3 coils. Is map 3 safe to run? Can I safely run E30 with map 3? Is there any performance benefit to running E30? Is Map 4 safe without DSG? Also just wanted to clarify that Map 3 is 6psi over stock, and not absolute?

George @ BMS 06-21-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstorbit (Post )
I've got a 1.8T with DP, colder plugs, RS3 coils. Is map 3 safe to run? Can I safely run E30 with map 3? Is there any performance benefit to running E30? Is Map 4 safe without DSG? Also just wanted to clarify that Map 3 is 6psi over stock, and not absolute?

You can run map 3 on 93 or higher. Also with E30.
Map 4 will produce a better result than map 3 on your car and its good to run on 93 or E30 regardless of transmission.
The 6psi is over stock.

PaulyD88 06-22-2021 05:05 PM

Hey George, I have a mk7 gli dsg with intake, turbo inlet pipe, cts front mount, and a 3" ******* dp. Currently running on map 3. Any recommended settings to get more power out of it? Or a custom map you can send me? Thanks in advance

George @ BMS 06-23-2021 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulyD88 (Post )
Hey George, I have a mk7 gli dsg with intake, turbo inlet pipe, cts front mount, and a 3" ******* dp. Currently running on map 3. Any recommended settings to get more power out of it? Or a custom map you can send me? Thanks in advance

On 93 this is the map 6 boost chart that works best.

1500 14
2000 16
2500 17
3000 17
3500 17
4000 17
4500 17
5000 16
5500 15
6000 15
6500 15
7000 15

PaulyD88 06-24-2021 03:58 AM

Thanks George!!

icombs17 07-04-2021 07:59 AM

Hey so I was thinking about picking up a hybrid turbo, specifically the LM430 IS20 Upgrade Turbo for my b9 Q5. Can the jb1/jb4 support a hybrid turbo?

Glintoz 07-05-2021 01:43 AM

Map 3 / 4 for hot weather

Quote:

For a 6 speed map 3 is good on 98ron. If it goes past 35C switch to map 4 for good measure.

George, old post of yours I found but have a question on the temp you mention. I am presuming you mean ambient temp and not intake, correct?

Also, with the 7 speed DSG, is it OK to run Map 3 when ambient temps are <30C or should I just stick to Map 4 no matter what the temps are?

Thanks

George @ BMS 07-05-2021 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glintoz (Post )
George, old post of yours I found but have a question on the temp you mention. I am presuming you mean ambient temp and not intake, correct?

Also, with the 7 speed DSG, is it OK to run Map 3 when ambient temps are <30C or should I just stick to Map 4 no matter what the temps are?

Thanks

If you dont use launch control map 3 is fine to run.

Yes, I mean ambients.

George @ BMS 07-05-2021 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icombs17 (Post )
Hey so I was thinking about picking up a hybrid turbo, specifically the LM430 IS20 Upgrade Turbo for my b9 Q5. Can the jb1/jb4 support a hybrid turbo?

Hi,

We can tune or it on the Q5 but wont get close to the turbos capability. 350hp is more realistic due to fueling limitations when using the JB4.

Glintoz 07-05-2021 07:38 PM

Quote:

If you dont use launch control map 3 is fine to run.

Yes, I mean ambients.

Thanks George.

santiagoafull 09-04-2021 09:48 PM

Hi George! Great post!!
I have S3 2016 8V with:
-K&N Panel (snow protection retired)
-cold plugs RS7 gapped .24 (need re gapped 0.25??)
-Inlet pipe/hose
-Turbo Mufler delete
-DP+MP (NOT INSTALLED YET)
I usually use map 1 or 2, never use map 3. Can i use map 3 WITHOUT the dowpipe and midpipe installed? Are there any heat risks in the IS38 from being with the catalyst still? I already bought the DP+MP, I just haven't installed it ... when I install it, it will surely turn on the CHECK ENGINE, right? Does the JB4 have any routine or automatic programming to shut down CHECK ENGINE light?
And the last one: if I put the DP + MD, would it be good to make a custom map 6 instead of just map 3?
Thank you very much in advance. (sorry for my english, im live in argetina)

S.V.

George @ BMS 09-05-2021 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by santiagoafull (Post )
Hi George! Great post!!
I have S3 2016 8V with:
-K&N Panel (snow protection retired)
-cold plugs RS7 gapped .24 (need re gapped 0.25??)
-Inlet pipe/hose
-Turbo Mufler delete
-DP+MP (NOT INSTALLED YET)
I usually use map 1 or 2, never use map 3. Can i use map 3 WITHOUT the dowpipe and midpipe installed? Are there any heat risks in the IS38 from being with the catalyst still? I already bought the DP+MP, I just haven't installed it ... when I install it, it will surely turn on the CHECK ENGINE, right? Does the JB4 have any routine or automatic programming to shut down CHECK ENGINE light?
And the last one: if I put the DP + MD, would it be good to make a custom map 6 instead of just map 3?
Thank you very much in advance. (sorry for my english, im live in argetina)

S.V.

It will run fine with those mods in map 3. It has a bit less torque than map 2 but more peak power from 5000rpm and higher.