JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion

JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   VW/Audi Group (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   JB4 for Gen3 VAG Group (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50428)

CrAzY-HoRsE 08-28-2018 11:07 PM

Very nice :clap:

My only concern is the DSG, it does make some very rough shifts in 3rd and 4th gear now and then when I go above 3.5 PSI. The problem is also there when not tuned, it just get so much worse when tuned more than 3.5 PSI. It happens both on auto and flaps mode, it think its quite normal because I'm not the only one with the issue, but I do worry about longevity when tuned.

Glfdriver18 09-06-2018 11:22 PM

I can’t tell, is there a new FW now on page 1 since George’s post? I think that 6B is the version I already have

George @ BMS 09-08-2018 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glfdriver18 (Post )
I can’t tell, is there a new FW now on page 1 since George’s post? I think that 6B is the version I already have

6B is latest which reflects as 60/6/5.
We should put something out next week which will have the Valet map included and some fine tuning of part throttle.

George @ BMS 09-08-2018 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY-HoRsE (Post )
Very nice :clap:

My only concern is the DSG, it does make some very rough shifts in 3rd and 4th gear now and then when I go above 3.5 PSI. The problem is also there when not tuned, it just get so much worse when tuned more than 3.5 PSI. It happens both on auto and flaps mode, it think its quite normal because I'm not the only one with the issue, but I do worry about longevity when tuned.

When the shift aren't good possibly there is a stored code of some kind.
As a test set the auto shift boost redux value to 100 and see if it improves.

mavalenca 09-18-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George @ BMS (Post )
6B is latest which reflects as 60/6/5.
We should put something out next week which will have the Valet map included and some fine tuning of part throttle.

George,

File "VW_JB4_OBDII_7_TEST1.hex" from Terry's post on other topic is still the last one available right? :)

BR!

George @ BMS 09-18-2018 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mavalenca (Post )
George,

File "VW_JB4_OBDII_7_TEST1.hex" from Terry's post on other topic is still the last one available right? :)

BR!

That one is not formally released. It makes map 4 a valet map cutting half the boost. Works good.

MaxM97 09-25-2018 03:44 PM

Quote:

That one is not formally released. It makes map 4 a valet map cutting half the boost. Works good.

Hey George,
When do you expect to release this new firmware?
Thanks

George @ BMS 09-25-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxM97 (Post )
Hey George,
When do you expect to release this new firmware?
Thanks

Hoping to get things squared away soon. Some cars that have engine start timers are having alarm issues triggering so we figuring that out so that there can be a single update.

Alexot 09-27-2018 12:25 AM

Quote:

Hoping to get things squared away soon. Some cars that have engine start timers are having alarm issues triggering so we figuring that out so that there can be a single update.

Not only engine start timers. Also remote starting of the oem parking heater..
Good luck with fixing this problem!

Terry @ BMS 09-27-2018 10:32 AM

Working on it!

madspeed 09-28-2018 11:15 AM

when uploading logs, do you want the link from datazap or the csv file?

George @ BMS 09-28-2018 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madspeed (Post )
when uploading logs, do you want the link from datazap or the csv file?

Csv. If its easier email to me george@burgertuning.com

moser7 10-10-2018 07:02 AM

Hi,
2Questions:
- Is the 7 Test4 FW all good over the 6B? Iīm asking because of its name "Test".
- How does the "Auto Shift Boost Reduction" works? I donīt read the whole Tread and i canīt find a answer in post 1 and 2.

Best regards from Germany,

Benjamin

moffe 10-10-2018 07:47 AM

Well for me Test4 FW works really good... you should try map4. Amazing map!

George @ BMS 10-10-2018 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moser7 (Post )
Hi,
2Questions:
- Is the 7 Test4 FW all good over the 6B? Iīm asking because of its name "Test".
- How does the "Auto Shift Boost Reduction" works? I donīt read the whole Tread and i canīt find a answer in post 1 and 2.

Best regards from Germany,

Benjamin

Hi, yes its a final released version.
Auto shift boost reduction works. You can start at around 60 and increase in 10's.

moser7 10-10-2018 09:19 AM

Ok, that should reduces the Torque for shifting?
And 100 means Stock Map Torque and Zero no Redux?
I usally only use Map6 Custom. Im a Fan of the Charakteristic of naturally aspirated Engines, so i built the Map6 a little bit like that.

Benjamin

George @ BMS 10-10-2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Ok, that should reduces the Torque for shifting?
And 100 means Stock Map Torque and Zero no Redux?
I usally only use Map6 Custom. Im a Fan of the Charakteristic of naturally aspirated Engines, so i built the Map6 a little bit like that.

Benjamin

Its a percentage over time. Try the values out and see what work for you. At 100 some users feel a lag on the shift.

moser7 10-17-2018 12:06 PM

Done a DSG Tune. So thats the best for Shift Improvement and no redux is needed anymore.

George @ BMS 10-17-2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Done a DSG Tune. So thats the best for Shift Improvement and no redux is needed anymore.

Are you saying you don't need it anymore?

moser7 10-18-2018 07:45 AM

I‘ll say that I dont need the Redux Function. The DSG Tune improved the shifting over all and especially under high load. (Update on max. Torque, shifting points, Clutchpressure)

Benjamin

antsh 10-18-2018 04:28 PM

Which DSG tune was it? You can PM me if it is not okay to discuss here.

moser7 10-19-2018 08:09 AM

A DSG tune from a local Shop here in South-Germany.

To the Map7, i noticed less power on quick acceleration and response. The car feels slower than with the 6b. Is that possible?
Can i Switch back to 6b?

Benjamin

Today I noticed a slightly higher mpg with the 7. But if you climb in the revs it feels more inhibited?

moser7 10-25-2018 10:47 AM

After filling up the Seat two times i notice a better fuel consumption over the 6B.
But the engine feels not so tight on the throttle as I mentioned above.
@George @ BMS: Is it possible to go back to 6B for checking?
Has anyone else the same?

Benjamin

George @ BMS 10-25-2018 12:02 PM

Quote:

After filling up the Seat two times i notice a better fuel consumption over the 6B.
But the engine feels not so tight on the throttle as I mentioned above.
@George @ BMS: Is it possible to go back to 6B for checking?
Has anyone else the same?

Benjamin

There aren't any full throttle changes. Is it not maybe hotter in your area.
Email me at George@burgertuning.com and I can forward the 6B so you can roll back.

moser7 10-25-2018 12:03 PM

Hi, no, its gettin way colder...
Thank you for your Support!