JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion

JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   N63, N63TU (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   G Chassis N63R JB4 (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50405)

Boosted_8 07-02-2021 02:52 AM

You will need to go full throttle up to redline for a proper log. I have no doubt it will hit all the boost targets without fuel and timing trims in map1 and the conservative map6. Map 2 is the question...

dlnkwnt 07-06-2021 06:50 PM

https://burgertuning.com/collections...=3016859222040

Is the N63 550i Replacement Control Board in the drop down menu for the G chassis or the F? JB4 not powering on, already replaced "N63 Masterchip" thx

capitalst 07-08-2021 09:11 AM

I'm new to this JB4 application and want to play around with MAP 6. I like Map 2 in my X5 M50i but I feel its a big hit midrange than it falls off on the top end making the X5 feel like it ran out of juicy. How would I setup MAP 6 to give me a solid pull all the way through vs a big punch than nothing?

dlnkwnt 07-08-2021 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlnkwnt (Post )
https://burgertuning.com/collections...=3016859222040

Is the N63 550i Replacement Control Board in the drop down menu for the G chassis or the F? JB4 not powering on, already replaced "N63 Masterchip" thx

NO, not the same board. Ando at Support@jb4connectkit.com helped me out... informative and efficient. The correct board is on its way. Thank u

zse8h 07-19-2021 01:10 AM

BMW finally got around to upgrading my software to 07/2021.20 from 03/2021.40. I noticed immediately how firm the car's stance feels while driving and how smooth the car drove and shifted gears. Testing is with no JB4 as I had to take that off for a visit. But the car feels so much easier to control, and the power on stock felt beefy compared to the previous software. Dare I say it felt like a different car??? Anyhow, this is just my first impression after driving it a few hundred miles on no tune and just a software upgrade.

Fast forward to today, 19 Jul 21. I drove the car a good bit before work on the way to grab some coffee as I wanted to test the car's balance with a new rear sway bar. I want to say this investment is well worth it. It took 1 hour to install, using a lift and making sure my 4-year-old didn't run into the street.

Altogether, it was four bolts and two nuts. The bar itself was tricky to remove once unbolted. The driver-side control arm needed raised an inch to slide the bar out.

I hope this is informative.

Zach

Boosted_8 08-07-2021 12:24 PM

Couple of us 523hp m550i jb4 users are noticing that with launch control, 4th gear short shifts when you are running a quarter mile sprint. Problem doesn't occur in map 0. It loses quite a lot of time from the run and it pretty annoying! Is anyone else here aware of this as well?

Mike_L 08-07-2021 12:50 PM

I'd guess its shifting at a particular speed. And since Map 0 has less power, it needs more rpm to hit that speed.

Boosted_8 10-21-2021 03:16 PM

I did a LC tonight, cool and a little bit damp. The car did it from middle of 3rd this time, chucked me straight into 4th. Got me thinking it might be due to the fact LC operates with traction semi on, if the car detects too much wheel spin in knocks you up a gear.

zse8h 10-21-2021 09:53 PM

I have not talked to you guys in awhile. I have not used LC yet but I am interested in your feedback.

Also, on another note please remove the charcoal filters in your intake track. If you have them and I did but now after removal the cars throttle seems much more responsive. It's a 15 - 20 min job and so worth it.

Mike_L 10-30-2021 05:55 PM

Does anybody have the CAN-Flap working on the G-series? Its not working on my car, with the BC button or the JB4Connect app. :(

Chrisg337 11-17-2021 01:41 PM

How do I contact Terry or where do I send logs to? I think I am getting some boost creep after installing 🐈 less dp.

Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! 11-18-2021 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisg337 (Post )
How do I contact Terry or where do I send logs to? I think I am getting some boost creep after installing 🐈 less dp.

Start your own support thread and post up. ;)

BimmerFan 11-25-2021 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zse8h (Post )
So, the 2021 M550i was picked up late last week in Wurzburg Germany - What a beautiful city I might add. I am babysitting it until 1000 miles, as the dealership told me to do than at that point I can take it over 4k rpms.

I did install the BMS wheel spacers 13m on the back and 10m on the front and boy what a difference in the stance. I sprayed them with high-heat rust-oleum in attempt to prevent rusting. It's like my 335i when I added 9.5s to the rear.

I started poking around in the engine bay and the TMAPs are very easy to get to and have 3.5 sensors.

The jb4 should be here Monday so il install it and do my best to stay under 4k rpms. Easy to do on the small german roads but the autobahn is a different story.

Thanks

Zach

Hi Zack,

Please post a pic of your car with the BMS 10mm spacers front and 13mm rear. I want to get spacers but I don't know which sizes to get for a semi-flush look. I also ordered the MSS springs. Hoping to get the car in a nice stance.

MNmaverick 12-15-2021 06:42 AM

Any newer maps or updates for this platform? Pretty popular and the most recent tech BMW has…

Terry @ BMS 12-22-2021 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNmaverick (Post )
Any newer maps or updates for this platform? Pretty popular and the most recent tech BMW has…

For the N63R? We tune around 20 of them per month, have been since they came out. Map1 and map2 are solid and for customers who want to push more map6 is in there for custom settings.

Mike_L 12-22-2021 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
For the N63R? We tune around 20 of them per month, have been since they came out. Map1 and map2 are solid and for customers who want to push more map6 is in there for custom settings.

He’s looking for the N63B. Map 1 is fine. Map 2 isn’t happy.

zse8h 12-30-2021 06:44 AM

F90 M5 BMS intakes

Please tell me these will fit a M550i? If I take 2 pictures, 1 of a M550i and 1 of a M5 (engine bay) it looks like the turbo inlets sit in the exact same arrangement. If so, the BMS intakes will fit the M550i as well?

Has anyone tried?

@Terry can you send me some to try? You will sell more product if the indeed fit!! If they don't ill send them back.

Terry @ BMS 12-30-2021 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zse8h (Post )
Please tell me these will fit a M550i? If I take 2 pictures, 1 of a M550i and 1 of a M5 (engine bay) it looks like the turbo inlets sit in the exact same arrangement. If so, the BMS intakes will fit the M550i as well?

Has anyone tried?

@Terry can you send me some to try? You will sell more product if the indeed fit!! If they don't ill send them back.

I think we tried and they were different. Can't send a new set but if we ever have a used set around wouldn't mind. Or get an M550 to swing by our office in Simi Valley for a test fit. We'll throw in a free dyno. :)

Mike_L 12-30-2021 08:24 PM

Quote:

I think we tried and they were different. Can't send a new set but if we ever have a used set around wouldn't mind. Or get an M550 to swing by our office in Simi Valley for a test fit. We'll throw in a free dyno. :)

You wouldn’t let me buy the used set last time you had one! That’s when you said you were working on an M550 set. How about you just sell me the pipes at cost and I'll screw with it? I have filters, and I can get silicone reducers. Or at least share the bend angle so I can pick up a set of bends from China. :p

The inlet size is definitely different, so reducers will be needed to attach them to the piping. Otherwise everything looks pretty much the same…… except the ducting behind the grills. The F90 has larger caged inlets back there and the M550 just flat louvered panels. I’ve wanted to retrofit the M5 parts since I got the car, but I don’t think there’s enough clearance to allow the grill shutters to open and close.

EDIT: Also the M550 airbox bottoms need to be gutted. I was messing with my custom setup today and tried keeping the bottoms in place like the BMS one does. The vertical bars and press fastener stations (that hold the foam) are in the way. Thats all gotta be cut out. Not a big deal, its pretty thin plastic. The bars could probably be scored with a blade and snapped off if theres no cutoff tool available, and the stations can be cut off with wire cutters and filed smooth. There are small areas by the back of the box with spring loaded doors that are kinda in the way, but you could probably work around them with the pipe bends.

EDIT 2: My version 1 should be done in the next day or 2. V1 uses 3" pipe. Theres also going to be a V2 with 3.5" pipe at some point. I don't think 3.5" is necessary, or really a good idea, which is why I did the smaller version first. I'm not thrilled with the idea of reducing pipe diameter and increasing velocity twice. I feel like the high velocity air slamming into the turbo impellers could cause excess wear or possibly damage.

Tr4ckD4y5 03-11-2022 07:20 AM

Looking for recommendations of Chicagoland based shops that can install & fine-tune JB4 on a 2022 M50i engine...

Mike_L 03-11-2022 03:20 PM

Theres not really a lot of fine tuning we can do. Best to just install it yourself and run Map 1

Terry @ BMS 03-11-2022 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_L (Post )
You wouldn’t let me buy the used set last time you had one! That’s when you said you were working on an M550 set. How about you just sell me the pipes at cost and I'll screw with it? I have filters, and I can get silicone reducers. Or at least share the bend angle so I can pick up a set of bends from China.

Sure we can discount a set for you to check out. Drop me an email to sort out the details. Terry@burgertuning.com

Mike_L 03-11-2022 07:04 PM

Quote:

Sure we can discount a set for you to check out. Drop me an email to sort out the details. Terry@burgertuning.com

I'll mail you tomorrow. I got another month before my X3 build date, so I can screw around with some stuff while I'm waiting. :lol

Boosted_8 03-13-2022 12:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BimmerFan (Post )
Hi Zack,

Please post a pic of your car with the BMS 10mm spacers front and 13mm rear. I want to get spacers but I don't know which sizes to get for a semi-flush look. I also ordered the MSS springs. Hoping to get the car in a nice stance.

These are BMS spacers 13 & 10mm. Interested in how you find the MSS springs on a m550i.

BimmerFan 03-24-2022 04:17 PM

I have fitted the MSS springs for about a month now and all I can say is if I had to do only one mod on this car, the MSS springs would be it. oh my lord! I think the MSS springs are worth a whole lot more than they retail. It lowered the car 19 mm all around and I installed a set of Rohanna rfx 11 wheels in bronze. Stance is sick. The ride quality is actually better and more comfortable than stock and I need no spacers. The wheel offset is perfect and I went one tire size wider front and rear. I am over the moon. Now all I need is for Terry to unleash the full potential of this car and I'll be good for a few more years. :lol