JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion

JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   N55 (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Help please boost over safety (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66219)

cwc5150 08-12-2021 06:24 PM

Help please boost over safety

1 Attachment(s)
All right I've been running map 5 with E85 for a little while then switch to just 91 octane on map 4 for a couple of Tanks then today I switch back to map 5 then WOT got put into map 4 so I tried it again and once again switch me back to map for check jb4 is your settings and showed that I was overboost safety so I went back to Mom at 5 a few hours later and wot again and won't recreated but to notice boost underboost is going back and forth when off of throttle here is a log not sure what I need to do please advise thank you

435gc 08-13-2021 05:13 PM

I didn't look at the log but I can guess whats going on.

Map 5 is an autotuning map that learns boost up or down based on a few factors.

Your map 5 learned while using e85 mix to increase boost targets. You then made a dramatic shift in fuel quality and floored it. Map 5 was expecting one fuel, but got another. Saftey map.

A few more runs and map 5 has learned down to accommodate the poor fuel quality.

Lesson is don't use a poor quality fuel above map 1 or becareful making octane changes, especially downward, when using map 5.

cwc5150 08-14-2021 12:18 PM

Okay thank you for the info I only use Chevron premium but I guess in California even that is crappy

435gc 08-14-2021 02:27 PM

Even a few gallons of e85 makes a dramatic difference in octane.

cwc5150 08-15-2021 08:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It did it again this morning wot on freeway on Map 1 this time threw me back to map 4 for over boost.

Is there a way to reset something to help out or do I just need to get driving til it relearns my new octane

435gc 08-16-2021 11:15 AM

The log posted is map 5.

Don't see much overboost there just really horrible timing. Definitely to much boost for your octane unless plugs and coils are old.

Post the map 1 log.

List your fuel, your mods, hiw many miles on vehicle, how many miles on plugs and coils, what spark plug gap 8s being used.

Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! 08-16-2021 11:24 AM

I don't see where you were kicked to map 4 in that log.

Why is your DWP set to 0?

Here's the link for the JB4 settings to go with.

When you exit map 5 and then go back in...it'll relearn.

cwc5150 08-16-2021 09:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 435gc (Post )
The log posted is map 5.

Don't see much overboost there just really horrible timing. Definitely to much boost for your octane unless plugs and coils are old.

Post the map 1 log.

List your fuel, your mods, hiw many miles on vehicle, how many miles on plugs and coils, what spark plug gap 8s being used.

Ok. Maybe it's an old code on the jb4?
I'm not familiar with timing just know I probably should be using 1 step colder plugs

Plugs are new . I wasn't told what the gap was but part number is zr5tpp33 coils not sure
Just got engine replaced with working used one and put upgraded rod bearings I posted more details a little while back I think you can find my other post it's a long story
Fuel is right now CA Chevron or shell 91oct
Miles about 92k
Mods
short throw clutch stop
golf tee mod
crowl delete
Metal charge pipe w/wmi bungs
BMS air intake
BMS JB4 Map 5 with MHD BEF
E85 about 35%
VRSF DP
Coated King connecting rod bearings

I'm not sure what happened to the logs for map 4 map it combines them? Or wont record cause I switched back 2 quickly.
I have it set to auto log with regards to pedal Input of 60% and 3 sec timeout. Should I change this?
Here is the log for mp 1
Thanks everyone for the great help

cwc5150 08-16-2021 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! (Post )

Here's the link for the JB4 settings to go with.

When you exit map 5 and then go back in...it'll relearn.

I'm not sure what happened to log for map 4 maybe it didn't record

I dont see the link
I'm not sure y my DWP is zero I'm must of been messing around to see if settings changed the sound and forgot to put it back
So just go to any other map for just a second then back to map 5 and done? If so then y did it throw me to map 4 more than once?

Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! 08-17-2021 09:55 AM

You need to put your DWP back to 60, save that, and then do a proper log and I'll take a look at it.

For proper review and the JB4 to adapt, please do logs in 3rd or 4th gear from 2K rpms to redline at wide open throttle.

cwc5150 08-17-2021 07:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

You need to put your DWP back to 60, save that, and then do a proper log and I'll take a look at it.

For proper review and the JB4 to adapt, please do logs in 3rd or 4th gear from 2K rpms to redline at wide open throttle.

Ok I reset my DWP To 60
As I don't feel comfortable to redline with my current issue due to my engine just being replaced I wanted to stay on the safe side so i filled up my tank with a E38ish at shell CA 91 OCT
Drove back to work from lunch about 3min then after work drove mostly home hit the gas a little on freeway got thrown from map 5 to 4 again then drove about 10 more min and did 3 logs like you asked 1 was 2k rpm 3rd gear WOT til redline then same in 4th 2 more times

Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! 08-18-2021 10:51 AM

Okay...initially you are correct, you overboosted but for you last log some adaptions appears to have taken place and the overboost is gone. I only see a few small timing corrections but trims are pretty good so you could add some more ethanol to clean those up.

cwc5150 08-18-2021 11:41 AM

Quote:

Okay...initially you are correct, you overboosted but for you last log some adaptions appears to have taken place and the overboost is gone. I only see a few small timing corrections but trims are pretty good so you could add some more ethanol to clean those up.

Ok do you think I need to make some timing corrections. Or use colder plugs?

Do you recommend a certain e85 % mix?
Thank you for all of your help

cwc5150 08-20-2021 05:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a log showing my boost over and under all over the place what could cause this leak? Or something else?

Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! 08-23-2021 10:38 AM

I can't really say/deduce much based on that log...:(

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/8...924/oFnXCD.jpg

cwc5150 08-29-2021 07:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok since last time I'll went through about 2 tanks of CA 91 then installed some 2 step colder ngk plugs from BMS and drove to work and back about 30 minutes each way and everything seems fine in map 5 didn't kick me to map 4. Did a log on the end of my run I did a pull with dct off 2nd gear WOT at about 2k rpm. I will do a few more pulls later this week when temps are cooler. Then I will try again with some E85 after that I will try to reset all adaptions to see if there are any improvements. Eventually I'll get my upgraded intercooler and maybe meth kit.

Also is it normal for my hijack temp gauge to show radical movements back and forth for over and under boost reading it seems to only do it with my foot off the pedal?

Here is an updated list of my current mods

short throw clutch stop
golf tee mod
crowl delete
BMS Crowl air filters
Metal charge pipe w/wmi bungs
BMS air intake
BMS JB4 Map 5 with MHD BEF
E85 about 35%
VRSF DP
Coated King connecting rod bearings
NGK SILZKBR8D8S (2 Step colder) Plugs
Gap .022

Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! 08-30-2021 10:58 AM

Not much in the way of timing and your avg ign is high. How does map 4 look? This is really strange, especially when running E35.

cwc5150 08-30-2021 04:39 PM

Quote:

Not much in the way of timing and your avg ign is high. How does map 4 look? This is really strange, especially when running E35.

I'll do a log on map for on my way home tonight I'm not running any e85 right now just straight Chevron California 91 octane

cwc5150 08-30-2021 07:44 PM

I forgot to add this morning when I was on the road before the pedal activated the auto log I had a half engine light I cleared it through jb4 never never came back on but it seemed fine on map five on the way to work on the way back I switch to Map 4 did 2K to redline wot in 2nd and 3rd gear almost 4 but ran out of room
Codes were 2cf4
And. 2906
Maybe it's a leak?

Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! 08-31-2021 09:24 AM

What was the description for the codes? Log?

cwc5150 08-31-2021 10:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

What was the description for the codes? Log?

It read bo description found here is a screenshot of my old codes

Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! 09-01-2021 09:02 AM

When cleared, do any of them come back?

cwc5150 09-01-2021 10:05 AM

Quote:

When cleared, do any of them come back?

No but I've been in map 4 to play it safe should I go back to map 5?

cwc5150 09-01-2021 07:13 PM

When I left work today went to fuel station and got about 40% e85 with 91 Chevron octane California fuel on map 4 drive easy for about 15 to 20 minutes then switch to Map 5 on freeway and pushed it a little bit harder got off freeway went to map 1 did 2k to Redline wot in 2nd and 3rd gear here is a log

cwc5150 09-02-2021 09:25 AM

I guess the log didn't load here it is