JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion

JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Tech Support, Tuning Advice, Logs, and Help Me Posts (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   OBD connector missing RPM socket 3 (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51933)

hardparker 02-28-2018 10:09 PM

OBD connector missing RPM socket 3

I installed my PI setup today. Turns out my 4-pin Molex connector on the OBD cable doesn't have pin 3 socketed with a female electrical connection. So, there's no way to source RPM for the PI controller. I ordered up a new OBD cable from BMS, assuming it's got pin 3 wired as it should.

I had a really difficult time trying to get the pin installed in the Molex on the harness side. Seems straight forward, with a spring retainer on the metal pin body, and catch tab in the Molex body. No go. Eventually, it broke from fatigue of trying too many times, right where the crimp meets the pin body. I need to know the exact pin name and type to try to source one in town. Molex... what?

Finally, my E85 sensor is wired to pin 3 on the DB25, with bits 0 and 5 enabled, FUA set to 58, but I don't see E85 displayed in app. I'm running ISO 10T6 on an F25.

Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! 03-01-2018 11:40 AM

You'll need to contact BMS for another pin and would suggest sending a copy of your user adjustment settings to JB4mobile support for the ethanol input. Could be a software issue.

madrrio 03-02-2018 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardparker (Post )
I installed my PI setup today. Turns out my 4-pin Molex connector on the OBD cable doesn't have pin 3 socketed with a female electrical connection. So, there's no way to source RPM for the PI controller. I ordered up a new OBD cable from BMS, assuming it's got pin 3 wired as it should.

I had a really difficult time trying to get the pin installed in the Molex on the harness side. Seems straight forward, with a spring retainer on the metal pin body, and catch tab in the Molex body. No go. Eventually, it broke from fatigue of trying too many times, right where the crimp meets the pin body. I need to know the exact pin name and type to try to source one in town. Molex... what?

Finally, my E85 sensor is wired to pin 3 on the DB25, with bits 0 and 5 enabled, FUA set to 58, but I don't see E85 displayed in app. I'm running ISO 10T6 on an F25.

talking to Donnie about this right now on email... let me know if you get anything before I do.

Thanks

hardparker 03-02-2018 09:39 PM

I got my port injection working after ordering a new "OBDII CABLE WITH JB4 SIDE CONNECTOR FOR RETROFIT" from burgertuning.com It did, indeed, have the pin 3 electrical socket terminal. I salvaged one of the pins from the old connector for the male side for pin 3. But if anyone needs one, the connector is a Molex 43020-0400 on the harness side, and the male pins are 0430310001.

I'll be troubleshooting my E85 sensor next. Any valid input would be appreciated. I'm fairly certain it's wired properly with black to ground, red to switched 12V and white to JB4 DB25 pin 3. Just need to know if bits other than 0 and 5 are required in the app. What about FUA 58?

madrrio 03-03-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardparker (Post )
I got my port injection working after ordering a new "OBDII CABLE WITH JB4 SIDE CONNECTOR FOR RETROFIT" from burgertuning.com It did, indeed, have the pin 3 electrical socket terminal. I salvaged one of the pins from the old connector for the male side for pin 3. But if anyone needs one, the connector is a Molex 43020-0400 on the harness side, and the male pins are 0430310001.

I'll be troubleshooting my E85 sensor next. Any valid input would be appreciated. I'm fairly certain it's wired properly with black to ground, red to switched 12V and white to JB4 DB25 pin 3. Just need to know if bits other than 0 and 5 are required in the app. What about FUA 58?

Those are the settings I'm running. Try latest firmware.