N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   N63, N63TU (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   M550i LCI - Log request (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65086)

Boosted_8 04-19-2021 11:22 AM

M550i LCI - Log request
 
Hello there.
Long story short: A few 2021 M550i owners have started to notice the 1st and 2nd gear pull is lower than expected with the 0-60 times slower than the previous pre-LCI model. Full power comes in from 3rd and above. If any 2021 model year owners are running a JB4 it would be interesting to see :-

a) If you can hit the manufacturer claimed 3.6-3.8 second 0-60 times
b) If the Jb4 log from such event shows the actual boost in each gear, the throttle plate position and the wastegate duty.

Massive thanks for anyone that has this data they can share!

Mike_L 04-19-2021 12:35 PM

If the weather clears up, I'll try to get a Dragy run in. It certainly doesn't feel like a 3.x second to 60, but it could be. I've been saying since day 1 that the throttle is dead.

Boosted_8 04-19-2021 01:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attached is my data post run in period. The 0-30 is really terrible. It's not all bad news as the 100-200kmph data is impressive, the 600bhp Audi RS6 does this in 8.7-8.8 and the f90 M5 (non comp) in 7.7 seconds for perspective

Mike_L 04-20-2021 06:47 PM

I can’t get the dang thing to launch right. All my runs are over 5 seconds. It’s like it won’t go WoT off the line. If you baby it off the line and then go WOT it feels quicker.

Boosted_8 04-21-2021 04:45 AM

Sport plus, gear selector in m/s and one tap on traction. Both feet hard on the pedals, click the kick down button. Chequered flag shows on dash. Release the brake.

Mike_L 04-21-2021 06:24 AM

One tap on traction? There’s the problem. On my 335 I had to hold the button down to fully disable.

EDIT: Just checked. Have to hold it down to fully disable in this car too. Just a tap puts it in Dynamic mode. Is that what we want?

DCFS222! 04-21-2021 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boosted_8 (Post )
Sport plus, gear selector in m/s and one tap on traction. Both feet hard on the pedals, click the kick down button. Chequered flag shows on dash. Release the brake.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is "click the kick down button"?

DCFS222! 04-21-2021 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boosted_8 (Post )
Hello there.
Long story short: A few 2021 M550i owners have started to notice the 1st and 2nd gear pull is lower than expected with the 0-60 times slower than the previous pre-LCI model. Full power comes in from 3rd and above. If any 2021 model year owners are running a JB4 it would be interesting to see :-

a) If you can hit the manufacturer claimed 3.6-3.8 second 0-60 times
b) If the Jb4 log from such event shows the actual boost in each gear, the throttle plate position and the wastegate duty.

Massive thanks for anyone that has this data they can share!

I have a JB4 that I can take logs. But I have ******* *********. So the numbers would be skewed.

Boosted_8 04-21-2021 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCFS222! (Post )
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is "click the kick down button"?

Push the gas pedal till you hit resistance, push a little bit harder again and you will feel the kick down trigger.

DCFS222! 04-21-2021 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boosted_8 (Post )
Push the gas pedal till you hit resistance, push a little bit harder again and you will feel the kick down trigger.


Okay gotcha. I thought I read that it's better to launch an automatic, You suggest manually up shifting.

Boosted_8 04-21-2021 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCFS222! (Post )
Okay gotcha. I thought I read that it's better to launch an automatic, You suggest manually up shifting.

M/S leaves you in sport auto until you pull a paddle. I would leave it there personally.

DCFS222! 04-21-2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boosted_8 (Post )
M/S leaves you in sport auto until you pull a paddle. I would leave it there personally.

Now it makes a little bit more sense to me. M1 would be manually upshifting but if it says S1, it'll upshift itself I believe is what you're saying?

Boosted_8 04-21-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCFS222! (Post )
Now it makes a little bit more sense to me. M1 would be manually upshifting but if it says S1, it'll upshift itself I believe is what you're saying?

Ja, Das ist richtig

Mike_L 04-23-2021 10:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
She’s got nothing off the line. I don’t get it. I'm sure the DA and my 345lb ass doesn't help, but i was expecting better

Boosted_8 04-24-2021 04:43 AM

I smell a class action... t=1799884https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1799884

Mike_L 04-30-2021 12:29 PM

I smell something else. A lot of bull**** coming from BMW. I really didn't want to go this route, but since they're seemingly not taking this seriously, I may have to get the Press involved.

Boosted_8 05-07-2021 07:06 AM

My Jb4 has arrived. Shame there are no fitting instructions for the new V8...

Mike_L 05-07-2021 01:28 PM

Stupid easy. The MAPs are on the sides of the intercoolers. On the right hand side (looking at the bay), you'll have to remove the brace and airbox to unplug the connector. On the other side you can just reach in if you have thin arms or remove the box and brace for easier access. The OBD2 cable can be run into the cabin through the grommet behind the brake booster.

Boosted_8 05-24-2021 03:00 AM

So to confirm - Is it safe to run map 2 (94 gas here) without the EWG connectors as it seems like they wont fit the current cars? (Disappointment strike 2)

phaser 05-24-2021 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boosted_8 (Post )
So to confirm - Is it safe to run map 2 (94 gas here) without the EWG connectors as it seems like they wont fit the current cars? (Disappointment strike 2)

Possibly the question is whether it would be safe to run the EWG connections even if the adapters were available to make the interface. Is there firmware etc. needed for this next level. I understand that in other applications this EWG control via JB4 makes a big difference. Looking forward to this ability.

Boosted_8 06-05-2021 03:48 PM

One last question. I'm not spotting an obvious way through for the ODB2 cables. Now this may be due to the fact I have a right hand drive car and all the suggestions I'm reading are about left hand drive cars routing cables. So has anyone in Australia, South Africa or Japan got any tips haha

Boosted_8 06-11-2021 12:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I got there. I would say installing a JB4 is not for a total novice with limited commitment... Here's the map one log from last night. Should I be asking Burger to validate it?

Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! 06-11-2021 11:06 AM

Log looks pretty clean and boost is on target...I'd say you got there. ;)

Boosted_8 06-14-2021 11:06 AM

Last problem it seems -> The auto error code delete doesn't seem to be working. I'm running without OPF filters. I can delete the codes with Bimmerlink just fine but JB4 doesn't seem to do it? I have enabled it via the WMI options bit:6?

zse8h 07-16-2021 11:21 AM

Boosted

did you fix deleting codes with JB4?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:40 AM.


Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com