JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion

JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   Support & Log Review (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Pure Stage 2 Map 6 Settings (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61003)

Terix 02-15-2020 08:22 PM

Pure Stage 2 Map 6 Settings

4 Attachment(s)
Hey,

I recently got my PS2 turbo installed and am looking for recommendations for map 6 settings to get the most out of it. I posted in the general section and was told that I should post some map 1 logs. I'm attaching a couple map 1 and map 5 logs. They aren't the longest pulls, but hopefully there is enough information. The car definitely pulls hard and is a whole different beast. I just want to make sure I've got my settings right to get the most out of it.

My mods are as follows:
BMS air intake
BMS 7.5" FMIC
VRSF down pips
BMS WMI kit (usually running 100% meth)
N20 TMAP sensor
PS2 turbo (with DV and inlet upgrades)
NGK 2-step colder spark plugs (from BMS)

Thanks

Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! 02-16-2020 11:56 AM

Hey- id start here, checking out our big turbo tuning sticky.

N55 Large Turbo Tuning Info - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Terix 02-16-2020 12:11 PM

I looked at that, but the baseline seems to be based around port injection and/or ethanol builds. I'm running 93 octane pump gas.

Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! 02-16-2020 10:59 PM

You’ll likely be octane limited / fuel limited

Your current logs, show multiple timing corrections on multiple cylinders.

What are you looking to do/ what is your goal in mind? We generally don’t recommend users go for “Max” power on just 93

Terix 02-17-2020 09:21 AM

I'm just trying to get the most stable settings. I don't need max power per say, just as much as I can get while having the car be stable. If you think I should avoid map 6, then that is fine. Just looking for any recommendations/advice. I've read that having methanol can help with the fuel limitations until I work on moving towards ethanol.

Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! 02-17-2020 07:12 PM

I suggest bumping up slowly, and then you’ll see where the limits are.

Let’s see map 2

fryj00 02-18-2020 08:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You might want to think about adjusting your duty bias settings to match the new turbo. If you look at your logs, you'll see that you are only targeting 10 psi near redline. This is a characteristic of the stock turbo, which is what the JB4 is programmed to match out-of-the-box. The PS2 can easily hold much more than that all the way to redline.

Read this: JB4 Duty Bias FF Tuning Info - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

I have attached a screenshot of my duty bias settings for my PS2.

Terix 02-29-2020 04:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Sorry for the delay in a response. Was having a coolant leak issue that I had to fix. Thanks for the advice fry, I'll look into that.

Dave, I have attached a couple map 2 logs as well.

Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! 02-29-2020 04:56 PM

Logs are a little short, but from data available...

Trims are close to maxing, and getting some timing corrections

Are you using the same fuel?

Terix 02-29-2020 05:05 PM

Sorry for the short logs, didn't have time today to get out into the country where I can really push it. Should be able to do that tomorrow.

It's the same fuel. I noticed both with the stock turbo and the PS2 that trims have always been essentially maxing out which I've been confused about.

Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! 03-01-2020 07:02 PM

If we can get some longer logs, that would be most beneficial

Terix 03-02-2020 06:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was able to get one longer log tonight.

Terix 03-05-2020 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's another map 2 log.

fryj00 03-06-2020 04:05 PM

It looks like you've entered the duty bias settings but your FutureUseD = 0 (none).

From first post of large turbo tuning thread:

E Series:

1) Run the latest JB4_N55 firmware
2) A JB4 MHD back end flash map is strongly suggested. We provide these maps free of charge as well as tuning support via the n54tech forum, but MHD charges a $199 fee for their flashing tool. Use the PUMP file as a starting point: E Chassis N55 MHD Back End Flash Maps - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
3) Enter the default settings in the second post. Note FutureUseD=64 disables "RPM FF Gain", which allows you to manually enter a duty bias curve that is more appropriate to larger turbos. For pump fuel start with map2, for E85 start with a 40 additive, and log, so we can help you dial it in from there.

Terix 03-06-2020 04:40 PM

Unfortunately my DME is locked so I don't have a BEF currently. I've been trying to find a shop locally that can do it. I guess that is step one before I can move forward.

Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! 03-08-2020 11:11 AM

Yes you need the dme unlocked for sure

Terix 03-10-2020 10:01 AM

Looks like there are no shops in my area that can unlock the DME, so I've ordered a KTAG device express from China which should arrive within a couple weeks so I can do it myself. I'll post an update once I unlock the DME.

I appreciate the help thus far.

Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! 03-10-2020 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terix (Post )
Looks like there are no shops in my area that can unlock the DME, so I've ordered a KTAG device express from China which should arrive within a couple weeks so I can do it myself. I'll post an update once I unlock the DME.

I appreciate the help thus far.

:popcorn

Keep us posted!

Terix 03-17-2020 05:34 PM

So I got my order from China today, but they sent the other product the company makes (KESS) instead of the KTAG. However, I just learned that late last year MHD found a way to perform a DME unlock/flash through the ODB port so that a bench flash of the DME isn't required anymore.

I wish I knew this sooner, but last time I tried the app was probably July of last year. I just completed the BEF and am going to take it for a test drive after disabling the FF RPM Gain setting. I will start with some map 2 pulls and try to get some logs.

Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! 03-17-2020 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terix (Post )
So I got my order from China today, but they sent the other product the company makes (KESS) instead of the KTAG. However, I just learned that late last year MHD found a way to perform a DME unlock/flash through the ODB port so that a bench flash of the DME isn't required anymore.

I wish I knew this sooner, but last time I tried the app was probably July of last year. I just completed the BEF and am going to take it for a test drive after disabling the FF RPM Gain setting. I will start with some map 2 pulls and try to get some logs.

Double check all settings & FUD

Letís see map 1 or 2

Terix 03-18-2020 07:37 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are some logs. There's a shorter and longer map 2 log, and just as a test with methanol as a fuel additive there are two map 3 logs. I know WGDC and FF are supposed to be close and them seem pretty close, but you know more than I do. I appreciate your help.

Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! 03-18-2020 09:23 PM

Map 3

Trims are near maxing, will need to fix that - bump fol up a bit to 90

We can get you a bit closer to target via duty bias as well

Terix 03-22-2020 02:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New map 3 logs with fol at 90. Looks like the new app update combined the logs (something which I have since disabled), but there are multiple pulls there.

Trims still look pretty bad to me.

Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! 03-23-2020 10:33 PM

Drop down your ethanol mix a bit

Terix 03-24-2020 09:11 AM

I'm not running any ethanol. Just 93 octane pump gas + methanol.