N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default Maserati Ghibli JB4 Dyno Results! - 06-29-2018, 08:50 PM

Hey guys,

Been poking around with this 2014-2018 Maserati Ghibli project for awhile and finally was able to get it wrapped up and over to the dyno for testing. For those not in the loop it's a V6 3L twin turbo platform that retails in the 70k range. This specific car is a base model, and they also offer it in an S model that runs a little more boost from the factory. It's marketed to be an M3 competitor but realistically probably more like an Audi S4 or BMW 340i competitor at least on the performance end of the spectrum.

Our test car is a 2017 all stock base with around 13k miles on it. Also equipped with some huge power sapping 21" rims. Fuel was ~93 octane.

The JB4 is working great and we've already got CANbus up and running for advanced mapping, logging, and safety features. After a couple hours on the dyno we settled on a solid 50whp/50wtq mapping for the initial release. Probably another 15-20whp in it with more aggressive JB4 mapping as we get more familiar with the platform.

Intro pricing on the JB4 will be $529. We've got several units in stock and will be adding it to our website shortly!

Name:  ghibli_dyno.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  81.6 KB

Stock log:
Name:  stock_log.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  38.4 KB

JB4 Tuned log:
Name:  jb4_log.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  38.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20180629_143646598_HDR.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  116.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20180629_160345768.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  136.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20180629_160313044.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  115.4 KB

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 06-29-2018, 09:26 PM

Very nice... I've been considering an S for my next purchase. They sound great stock, but amazing with an exhaust. Plus I prefer 4 doors generally.
(#3)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-29-2018, 10:38 PM

The tune is night and day difference even on just map 1. It was such a boring car compared to now. I'll try some mild e30 blend tonight and post some logs tomorrow on map 7. This tune is awesome!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Car: 2010 535
Default 07-16-2018, 09:20 PM

I wonder what the '17+ Ghibli Grandsport S would put down?

2012 550i M sport - JB stage 1
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2018, 09:00 AM

I'd love to get one on a dyno and find out!

I joined the Ghibli Facebook group and a lot of people love the cars... But a lot of complaints too. I guess they are less reliable than our beloved BMWs lol.

Burger Motorsports

(#6)
Old

Car: 2010 535
Default 07-17-2018, 01:53 PM

The one you dyno'd is 404hp right?
I know the new ones they bumped the power to 420hp

2012 550i M sport - JB stage 1