N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default BMS Ford F150 Raptor Stage1 Development - 01-29-2018, 02:32 PM

Hey guys,

Friend of the shop Greg came by today so we could take a peek at his new 2018 Ford F150 Raptor 3.5L twin turbo. Does around 450hp from the factory.

To our surprise, it uses a similar engine management to the BMW turbo models, and I was able to work up Stage1 tuning relatively quickly. Stock boost is around 15psi peak, and for now we've raised that to 18psi peak, to evaluate. The extra power really wakes this heavy truck up!

Page below and looking for BETA testers in short order.

http://burgertuning.com/ford_f150_ra...nce_tuner.html
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 335xi
Default 01-29-2018, 07:51 PM

Hey Terry, any plans for the normal 3.5 ecoboost?

2011 AW E92 335i xDrive M Sport Fully Loaded - BMS N55 G5 ISO, Intake, FSB, BMS/CPE Charge Pipe and Trunk Mount Meth Kit | AR Design 4" Catl3ss ******** | BMW Performance Exhaust, Kidney Grills, Rear Diffuser, Carbon ZCP spoiler and Interior LED Lighting Kit | KW V1's | Dinan 15.8mm rear sway bar, Front Strut Tower Bars | Work VS-XX | 3M 15% Tint all around |
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-29-2018, 08:39 PM

Good question... I wonder if it uses the same electronics?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Car: '11 335is DCT
Default 01-30-2018, 09:07 AM

This is so awesome Terry! Iíll be ordering a Raptor later this year and you were going to be my first call. Boltons are available, but it seems the tuning market for this engine is almost untouched. Canít wait to see what you can do!
(#5)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 01-30-2018, 10:36 AM

Donít they run 16-18 stock? If you need a test truck, let me know.
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-30-2018, 10:37 AM

We measured 15psi on Greg's but I'm sure boost is load based, so will go up or down depending on the weather.

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 01-30-2018, 03:37 PM

Hey Terry, if you also get into the normal F-150 3.5L ecoboost I think you will probably gain a lot more business. They use the same engine in quite a few different platforms. But I would definitely be on board for JB for my truck. And I would be down to be a tester. I also work at a shop with a DynoJet linx system so if you need #'s I can crank them out for you. My vehicle is a:

2016 Ford F-150
3.5L Ecoboost
(#8)
Old

Car: 2014 F10 M5 CP Frozen Grey
Default 01-30-2018, 03:56 PM

Oh my... tow truck!
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-31-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanC
Hey Terry, if you also get into the normal F-150 3.5L ecoboost I think you will probably gain a lot more business. They use the same engine in quite a few different platforms. But I would definitely be on board for JB for my truck. And I would be down to be a tester. I also work at a shop with a DynoJet linx system so if you need #'s I can crank them out for you. My vehicle is a:

2016 Ford F-150
3.5L Ecoboost
Yes I'm 99% sure it will be compatible, so we'll have the same tuner for both 3.5L models. With the only change being on the software side.

Email me if you want to help test it out.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 335xi
Default 01-31-2018, 09:44 PM

Terry, if you need more testers for normal 3.5 ecoboost let me know I would be very interested in helping out, I have a 2015 F150 3.5 ecoboost as well.

2011 AW E92 335i xDrive M Sport Fully Loaded - BMS N55 G5 ISO, Intake, FSB, BMS/CPE Charge Pipe and Trunk Mount Meth Kit | AR Design 4" Catl3ss ******** | BMW Performance Exhaust, Kidney Grills, Rear Diffuser, Carbon ZCP spoiler and Interior LED Lighting Kit | KW V1's | Dinan 15.8mm rear sway bar, Front Strut Tower Bars | Work VS-XX | 3M 15% Tint all around |
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-31-2018, 10:14 PM

We've got a handful of systems either in use or on their way. Assuming all goes to plan we'll have the Stage1 BETA up on our site soon to expand the testing pool. The F150 platform at large has a lot more potential and interest than I expected.

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 02-01-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes I'm 99% sure it will be compatible, so we'll have the same tuner for both 3.5L models. With the only change being on the software side.

Email me if you want to help test it out.
you have been e-mailed sir. Thanks
(#13)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi e92
Default 02-01-2018, 04:49 PM

It's gonna get real fun, real fast Big T!

2008 e92 335xi *Sport-Cold Weather-Premium*

Performance Mods*JB4 G5 iso*Hexon RR600*VTT intake and HSCP*BMS DCI*VRSF 7" FMIC*BMS meth kit*BMW Performance Exhaust*VRSF 3" Charge Pipe W/ Tial BOV*Trebila Custom Tune via MHD Flasher*xHP trans flash*Fuel-it Stage 2*RB PCV Valve*NGK Laser Iridium plugs(.022)*Eibach Springs*Kickdown Blocker*BMS Cabin Filters*BMS Oil Cooler Valve*Best 1/4 - 11.58@122(22psi)

2017 Ford F150* Super Crew Lariat(3.5EB)*
Performance Mods*JB4 Beta
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-01-2018, 05:39 PM

A local customer got the 2.7L model EcoBoost also, can't wait to check that out.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi e92
Default 02-01-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
A local customer got the 2.7L model EcoBoost also, can't wait to check that out.
I've heard they are a dark horse. Also think they are running a CGI cylinder block, so a little different from the rest of the EB line-up.

2008 e92 335xi *Sport-Cold Weather-Premium*

Performance Mods*JB4 G5 iso*Hexon RR600*VTT intake and HSCP*BMS DCI*VRSF 7" FMIC*BMS meth kit*BMW Performance Exhaust*VRSF 3" Charge Pipe W/ Tial BOV*Trebila Custom Tune via MHD Flasher*xHP trans flash*Fuel-it Stage 2*RB PCV Valve*NGK Laser Iridium plugs(.022)*Eibach Springs*Kickdown Blocker*BMS Cabin Filters*BMS Oil Cooler Valve*Best 1/4 - 11.58@122(22psi)

2017 Ford F150* Super Crew Lariat(3.5EB)*
Performance Mods*JB4 Beta
(#16)
Old
One tire fire

Car: E92 335, 6MT
Default 02-02-2018, 06:24 AM

Very nice! I’ve already flashed mine, but a large market for sure. Looking forward to watching the development.

Ď18 Magnetic Gray Raptor S-crew
'17 991.2 Guards red Turbo S
'07 997.1 6MT: FBO, stock turbos, E85: 5.9 60-130 - 997 platform record, now 656 whp / 700 wtq
(#17)
Old
One tire fire

Default 02-02-2018, 11:54 AM

I also meant to say, 15 psi peak sounds like he may be on the low octane maps. Is he running 91? It may be that the Cali 91 isn't sufficient for the maximum performance maps the factory ECU has. Mine on 93 is 14-15 psi rising to 17, which given normal temps is average with sufficient octane. A max of 15 psi suggests it's running on lower performance maps. I'd have him blend in 5 gallons or so of E85 and see what happens. +3 psi should get you right up to 20 psi high up in the rev range. These ECUs also have dynamic advance as well as retard ignition correction...on E30 and in the lower gears, I've seen it add 2-3 deg of timing.

'07 997.1 6MT: FBO, stock turbos, E85: 5.9 60-130 - 997 platform record, now 656 whp / 700 wtq
(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2018, 01:32 PM

Yes was running 91 octane. We should start getting a wider range of data in soon on them. I've heard it has built in flex fuel also which would be great.

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old
One tire fire

Default 02-04-2018, 02:42 PM

Hmm, I haven't seen the ethanol sensor anywhere. I wish the flash folks would figure out how to balance fuel delivery across the DI and PI during WOT so that higher concentrations of E could be used without crashing the high pressure pump. I've limped mine a few times at low rpm partial throttle, where it'll zip up to 20 psi at around 2k rpm and bottom the rail pressure out to 250 psi, haha. If I don't add any E85 it really doesn't drop too badly, but even E30 I have to semi-keep an eye on part throttle low rpm boost. I've told them they need to limit boost pressure and ride the edge of pump performance up to 2500 rpm or so, but they don't seem interested in doing that. Its good up to about 14 psi at super low engine rpm before any noticeable pressure deviation begins. This is about double the boost pressure the factory runs in this range, as opposed to nearly 3x with the MPT tune.

(#20)
Old

Car: 09 E92 SG
Default 02-06-2018, 03:42 PM

You NEED to support the 17' Explorer 3.5L twin turbo. Like, you NEED to!

09 e92 335xi AT - MHD Flash w/ e50, RB's, VTT inlets, Fuel-It TBI & Stage 2 pump, AFE Stage 2 Intake, VRSF CP w/HKS BOV, VRSF 7.5" RACE FMIC. VRSF **'s, Alpina Flash
11.7 @ 125mph
11.6 @ 116mph (misfire)
(#21)
Old

Car: 2008 E88 135i Convertiblev
Default 02-09-2018, 11:40 AM

I am up for testing on the 3.5L Ecoboost for the Taurus SHO and Ford Flex. I have both a 2011 SHO and a 2014 Flex - they both have the 3.5L ecoboost.

Jeff Stabell
Lake Wylie, SC
2008 BMW 135i E88 Convertible
Blue/Black
Koni STR.T suspension, M3 Front suspension arms
JB4 Map 7, E85 Backend flash, 255 Gph inline/intank fuel pump, Mechtech Intercooler, Raceland ***, NGK Sparkplugs, DCi, Alpina Trans flash
405 RWhp Dynojet Std (before DCI)
12.37 sec @112 mph (before E85 flash,I/C, 255 FP, DCi)
(#22)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-09-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmonteiro444
You NEED to support the 17' Explorer 3.5L twin turbo. Like, you NEED to!
I'm 99% sure it's fully compatible. If you have one contact me.

Burger Motorsports

(#23)
Old

Car: 09 E92 SG
Default 02-09-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
I'm 99% sure it's fully compatible. If you have one contact me.
I do. And I did. Email is fmonteiro444@gmail

09 e92 335xi AT - MHD Flash w/ e50, RB's, VTT inlets, Fuel-It TBI & Stage 2 pump, AFE Stage 2 Intake, VRSF CP w/HKS BOV, VRSF 7.5" RACE FMIC. VRSF **'s, Alpina Flash
11.7 @ 125mph
11.6 @ 116mph (misfire)
(#24)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-09-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmonteiro444
I do. And I did. Email is fmonteiro444@gmail
Since you have a flash tune already and modified tmap sensor not really the demographic we're looking for to test Stage1. But maybe down the road when we have a JB4.

Burger Motorsports

(#25)
Old

Car: 09 135i 6mt
Default 02-12-2018, 03:08 PM

Terry, I enjoyed your products on my N54 135i, and 2015 GTI, I hope you end up supporting the 2.7EB at some point. That is my current ride and would be thrilled to have a JB set up for it!

09 135i, jb4, ER CP, Tial BOV, VRSF 7" FMIC, 30% e85