N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default New Charge Pipe for Coolant Reservoir Relocation Kit - 06-27-2016, 01:08 PM

The new Tial flanged chargepipes for use with the diesel coolant tank are now in stock! This is the "relocation" model: http://burgertuning.com/BOV_Kit_135_335_BMW.html

Hey Everyone,

First a little background. When we first got the Stage 2 turbos installed on our N54 we did passenger side inlets and consequently did a coolant reservoir relocation. I immediately wasn't happy about the aesthetics and functionality with our current charge pipe after the mod. We couldn't put the reservoir in the intended location, the BOV was too close to the driver's side fender well, and I didn't like the restrictive diameter on the charge pipe itself.

I immediately reached out to CPe for a solution to which they said "no problem" and we discussed the design.

We have since gotten that charge pipe in and been testing it.

Here's a few pictures...

Name:  CP1.jpg
Views: 3605
Size:  267.6 KB

We will post some more once the relocation bracket arrives for our power steering reservoir.

In addition, here is a video of us doing a little testing.

And the corresponding log.

Name:  50-150.2.jpg
Views: 3310
Size:  51.0 KB

BMS will begin stocking these as soon as they are available.

And for those of you inclined to check out the logs...I have attached two 50-150ish pulls.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 50-150.2.csv (14.8 KB, 83 views)
File Type: csv 50-150.csv (15.4 KB, 60 views)

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#2)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default 06-27-2016, 01:30 PM

Sweet! A Much needed addition...single turbo guys will benefit from this as well

07 335i - 6870, E85 - numbers coming soon!
08 335xi - 6466, custom direct port meth - SOLD
(#3)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 06-27-2016, 01:34 PM

This is great news. Good work and glad CP-e stepped up to make this part. This was certainly a much needed addition for an aesthetically pleasing engine bay for passenger side inlets, ST kits, etc.

Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#4)
Old

Car: '70 E9 Turbo, '88 M5, '11 335d
Default 06-27-2016, 01:43 PM

Awesome! Nice fitment.

Those PURE Stg2's look strong!!!
(#5)
Old

Car: 2008 335i 6mt
Default 06-27-2016, 01:43 PM

From the video it seems to work lol

I hope that this makes it into production because it drives me nuts how my CP is up so tight against the coolant res.

Doc Race Single Turbo Kit PTE5862 - e93 6MT - ADE PI - Fuel-It Stage 2 Bucketless - JB4/MHD - MFactory 3.46 LSD - MFactory SMFW - Spec Stage 3+ Clutch
(#6)
Old
Enginerd

Car: 2009 135i
Default 06-27-2016, 01:46 PM

Dibs on first beta tester!

My Stett is already super cramed on the hobbs and Tial BOV with the FuelIt PI kit. Its gonna be a huge pain when my 6466 gets here next week!

--2009 BMW 135i--2016 Nissan Titan XD (Turbo Cummins ISV)--2016 VW Tiguan 2.0Tsi --1988 Beechcraft Bonanza--Suzuki GSX-R 1000--Honda CBR-600RR--

JB4 G5 ISO | MHD | E85 | Fuel-It S3 LPFP / PI | MFactory S3+ Clutch / SMFW / LSD / Mounts | Diff Lock | UUC Tranny Mounts | DwnPipes / Exhaust / FMIC | Chargepipe / Tial | KW V3s | HR Sways | HPA full M3 Suspension | BMS DCI / Oil Cooler Valve / Cowl Filters / 4bar / 2Step / OCC | RB PCV | Stri Gauges | Pole Position 225/265 | Installing: DR 6466ST
(#7)
Old

Default 06-27-2016, 01:47 PM

exciting

2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-27-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayock
Dibs on first beta tester!

My Stett is already super cramed on the hobbs and Tial BOV with the FuelIt PI kit. Its gonna be a huge pain when my 6466 gets here next week!
Our Hobb's switch is mounted on the bottom of the CP out of site. (You will need an elbow to integrate that)

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#9)
Old

Car: 335
Default 06-27-2016, 03:23 PM

synapse BOV fitment?
(#10)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-27-2016, 03:29 PM

Awesome! This community needed this. I won't buy one though since CP-E charges FAR too much for a piece of alum pipe.

Meanwhile, VRSF is working on this exact thing the OP stated. So I'll get that one at half the cost of the CP-E.
(#11)
Old

Car: 2009 535i
Default 06-27-2016, 03:33 PM

I don't know if it's brought up anywhere before but on the 535i if you have a VRSF charge pipe and TBI you have to move the power steering resevoir to get the main hose out of the way so the charge pipe will click into place properly.

2009 535i M-SPORT AT
JB4 G5 ISO, BMS DCI, E85 BEF ON 100% E85, VRSF **'S, 7" VRSF IC, VRSF CP W/ TIAL BOV, MMP Inlets & Outlets, TBI & Stage 2 LPFP,1792s in for 2nd cats, Potenza RE-11's
(#12)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 06-28-2016, 12:25 PM

Release it now, please. My CP is so F'ing ugly with my ST setup lol.
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-28-2016, 12:26 PM

Very sharp.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-30-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrbone
This doesnt really help much. How about those of who have the ppk kit or any 335is, 1m

Wont fit at all in our cars
It's not for everyone. But for guys with inlets or single turbo kits that can run the JBD coolant tank, it's an awesome pipe.

I'll test fit on our 335is when they come in. We have a production run of 50 of these in the pipeline.

Price will be $299 for the chargepipe itself. We'll also have an option with the tial valve included.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#15)
Old

Default 07-01-2016, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It's not for everyone. But for guys with inlets or single turbo kits that can run the JBD coolant tank, it's an awesome pipe.

I'll test fit on our 335is when they come in. We have a production run of 50 of these in the pipeline.

Price will be $299 for the chargepipe itself. We'll also have an option with the tial valve included.
What's the ETA on these?
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-01-2016, 02:42 PM

CPE is making them for us and has told me maybe 3 weeks. I'll update the thread when I have a firm date.

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Car: 07 335i mt
Default 07-01-2016, 04:55 PM

Will this work without the coolant res relocation? Im looking to buy a chargepipe but wont be need to relocate the res for a few months. Will this be available in a polished finish?
(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-01-2016, 08:09 PM

Will work without the res location. Any finish you want as long as its glossy black.

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 07-02-2016, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Will work without the res location. Any finish you want as long as its glossy black.
Ok mr ford.

E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 JBD

Got Boost?
(#20)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-02-2016, 07:05 AM

That is correct it will work without the reservoir relocation, however if you aren't running a single or passenger side inlets, the BOV may cause issues for your intake(s).

(#21)
Old

Default 07-03-2016, 05:32 AM

Quote:
CPE is making them for us and has told me maybe 3 weeks. I'll update the thread when I have a firm date.
Awesome, will there be any kind of intro pricing or group buy to start them off?
(#22)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-03-2016, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08_335i
Awesome, will there be any kind of intro pricing or group buy to start them off?
No because $300 for a thin aluminum small pipe is "cheap" on this platform. CP-e hasn't gotten the memo that these n54 cars can be had for sub $15k they're still living in the days where these cars were being sold for $45k it's rather annoying to see these high prices, consistently, from CP-e
(#23)
Old

Default 07-04-2016, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dub
No because $300 for a thin aluminum small pipe is "cheap" on this platform. CP-e hasn't gotten the memo that these n54 cars can be had for sub $15k they're still living in the days where these cars were being sold for $45k it's rather annoying to see these high prices, consistently, from CP-e
Yeah, it does suck to pay that much for one. I put my CP together on my single setup for around $40, its not much to look at but it works. I would like this just because it looks a lot better since its a single solid piece, but paying $300 for as you said, a thin piece of aluminum piping that's bent, Is a bit steep.
(#24)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 07-04-2016, 07:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dub
Yeah, this is pretty ridiculous
(#25)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 07-04-2016, 07:16 AM

Here's a legitimate idea: Include the materials needed for a clean coolant tank relocation as a part of that astronomical pricing.