N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#101)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-24-2009, 09:42 PM

For any non-ECU code I would just dealer it if its causing a problem, or ignore it if its not.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#102)
Old

Car: 2008 135i AT
Send a message via Skype™ to OldBooster
Default 08-25-2009, 06:45 AM

FYI re water: After barreling through a big water puddle, throwing water spray out 30 feet on both sides, the 135 stumbled, then wouldn't accelerate (ba-ba-ba-ba-ba) until I let it sit for a few hours. Then it ba--ba-ba'd for a couple of seconds, then cleared up and ran normally. CODE: 2C7E .... stated something like, "Lamda sensor (or probe) after ***(s)"

So if this happens it means the sensors/probes got wet. No CEL, no light, just engine code 2C7E. Anybody else get this one?

JB4 and Terry's unmatched dedication to the N54:
#1 on www.DragTimes.com:
WR ET 11.012 @129.30 (No Nitrous) RB Turbos
(#103)
Old

Car: 335xi 2008
Default 08-28-2009, 05:15 PM

today my car run very bad. Limp mode every 5 minutes.

code:

2c39 and 2c3d

I think is my sensor ob2, just before catalyc convert.

Do you think is this...why my car run very bad today?

thanks

'08 BMW 335xi // Sedan // Black Sapphire // Sports Package//Mods: JB3 2.0|Unlocked 18ohm Board|BMS Meth kit|AA Speed Delimiter|BMS tuning gauge|UR CL DP|BMS DCI|AA Exhaust|HELIX fmic|CDV|H&R coilover|10mm Spacers H&R on 4 wheels|**Record for XI's on dragtimes.com, 11.768s@118.70**Top speed 186,4 mph GPS, vbox 60-130mph 10.18
(#104)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-28-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobVader
today my car run very bad. Limp mode every 5 minutes.

code:

2c39 and 2c3d

I think is my sensor ob2, just before catalyc convert.

Do you think is this...why my car run very bad today?

thanks
Not familiar with all the codes, but always post the freeze frame data along with the numbers. The code itself isn't very meaningful!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#105)
Old

Car: 335xi 2008
Default 08-28-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Not familiar with all the codes, but always post the freeze frame data along with the numbers. The code itself isn't very meaningful!
ok next time. But for this code...speak about sensor catalyc convert. failure...

thanks

'08 BMW 335xi // Sedan // Black Sapphire // Sports Package//Mods: JB3 2.0|Unlocked 18ohm Board|BMS Meth kit|AA Speed Delimiter|BMS tuning gauge|UR CL DP|BMS DCI|AA Exhaust|HELIX fmic|CDV|H&R coilover|10mm Spacers H&R on 4 wheels|**Record for XI's on dragtimes.com, 11.768s@118.70**Top speed 186,4 mph GPS, vbox 60-130mph 10.18
(#106)
Old

Car: 1er
Default 09-08-2009, 02:02 PM

I got the 2FBF code for "Fuel Pressure at Injection Release" , should I erase this code or leave it so i can get my HPFP replaced with warranty??
(#107)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-08-2009, 02:06 PM

I would leave that in for the dealer.

Burger Motorsports

(#108)
Old

Car: 1er
Default 09-08-2009, 07:20 PM

Thanks Terry!
(#109)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 09-08-2009, 10:03 PM

So, I've got two codes that I'm not sure about. Before I installed any mods, I scanned the car with my BT tool, and these codes showed up. I deleted them. Drove car for a while, they did not come back. Put my mods in, etc, everything's fine. I scan again today (looking for hidden codes just for fun really) and they're back. They're not causing any problems that I'm aware of. Has anyone seen them before?

9CCE:
Battery deep discharge

in both Footwell module (FRM) and Light control

(#110)
Old

Car: 4 Wheels
Default 09-09-2009, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiSage
So, I've got two codes that I'm not sure about. Before I installed any mods, I scanned the car with my BT tool, and these codes showed up. I deleted them. Drove car for a while, they did not come back. Put my mods in, etc, everything's fine. I scan again today (looking for hidden codes just for fun really) and they're back. They're not causing any problems that I'm aware of. Has anyone seen them before?

9CCE:
Battery deep discharge

in both Footwell module (FRM) and Light control

Did you remove the panel in the footwell when installing anything? If you did then you may have forgot to disconnect the modules under there. I believe there is the speaker, light, and a GPS module.
(#111)
Old

Default 09-09-2009, 09:57 AM

Nope, I did not. The only other thing I can think of is that the dealer did a trim swap for me shortly after I bought the car. Could it somehow be related?

Every time I scan for the code, it says "error is not currently present." Wouldn't it be present all the time if they forgot to plug something in?
(#112)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-09-2009, 09:57 AM

I would just dealer it for that one.

Burger Motorsports

(#113)
Old

Default 09-09-2009, 10:00 AM

Only problem with that option is I can't find anything wrong with the car. The only thing I could tell them is I was scanning for codes and found these. And then they'd ask why I was scanning for codes.... basically I'm trying to avoid giving them any signal beyond that I'm some very very conservative driver who rarely pushes the car What I'd love would be to find some light or speaker or whatever somewhere in the car that isn't working as a result of this error. But since I can't, I suppose I might as well ignore the codes?
(#114)
Old

Car: 07 335i JB3
Default 09-09-2009, 12:32 PM

I play the same game and I would ignore the code for now and not clear, if something starts acting up then take it to the dealer and when they scan they will see them.
(#115)
Old

Default 09-10-2009, 11:34 PM

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but does anyone have any stability issues with the BT software? It randomly crashes for me, on two different WinXP laptops I've tried. They both have all the latest updates, service packs and .NET updates/runtimes. Also occasionally instead of crashing, the program will just freeze for a minute or two and then come back.

This happen to anyone else?
(#116)
Old

Default 09-11-2009, 09:59 AM

Anyone? Am I to believe that the BT software works perfectly for everyone but me?
(#117)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-11-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but does anyone have any stability issues with the BT software? It randomly crashes for me, on two different WinXP laptops I've tried. They both have all the latest updates, service packs and .NET updates/runtimes. Also occasionally instead of crashing, the program will just freeze for a minute or two and then come back.

It's been stable for me, but I know they are always working on revisions. Maybe try updating it?

Burger Motorsports

(#118)
Old

Car: 335xi coupe
Default 09-11-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:

Does this happen while you're driving? If so, I would suspect it's hard drive shock protection software on your laptop.

H&R Coilovers | AluFelgen CS7 | RR CDV | RR OCC | Helix IC | JB4 | BMS DCI | BSW Stage 1
(#119)
Old

Car: 4 Wheels
Default 09-11-2009, 03:57 PM

What error is it showing? I have seen a whole lot of check sum errors.
(#120)
Old

Car: e90 335
Default 09-12-2009, 01:50 PM

got this code and i don't see it on here.

29F2:
29F2 Fuel high pressure system, fuel pressure
Error will cause a warning light
Error is not currently present
Test conditions have been completed
Timeout
(#121)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-12-2009, 03:16 PM

Sounds like a FP issue.

Burger Motorsports

(#122)
Old

Car: 335i E92
Default 09-13-2009, 01:06 PM

Terry,

Please update the official JB3 Log File with throttle and anything else you need so I can do more bogfix research for you.

Thank

Thanks
(#123)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-13-2009, 01:34 PM

Just recall the XML posted and pick it off the list. It's called throttle blade position, I think. Only need to see it for bogfix testing.

Burger Motorsports

(#124)
Old

Car: e90 335
Default 09-15-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeman
got this code and i don't see it on here.

29F2:
29F2 Fuel high pressure system, fuel pressure
Error will cause a warning light
Error is not currently present
Test conditions have been completed
Timeout
Indeed it was a fuel pump. It was replaced today and having the itch to throw the jb3 back on.
(#125)
Old

Car: 2007 335I E93 AT
Default 09-19-2009, 09:08 AM

Terry. have you ever used the 'command' fuctions as part of the BT-tool? Do you recommend resetting any of the given options like 'lambda sensor', etc?