N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default 8/22/15 M3/M4 S55 Trap Speed World Record Set @ 135.5mph! - 08-23-2015, 10:09 AM

Hey guys,

Famoso Raceway had a rare drag day last night that a few of us attended. The track was packed and weather horrible, around 90 degrees when they started running at 8pm and around 80 degrees at midnight when they stopped running. And traction was bad. But we all had a good time anyway. DA was around 2500' at 11pm.

I raced our 2015 M3 w/ JB4, PURE S2 Turbos, BMS intake, BMS meth, Dodson clutch packs, and Nitto 555R tires. Full weight. And was able to set a new F80 trap record. It's actually probably a new F chassis trap record. Best of 3 runs was 11.4@135mph. Since traction was so bad after the first run I gave up trying to launch hard and would just floor it at the light with traction control one pushed. The car definitely has 10 second potential with a 60' in the 1.8s and better weather won't hurt.

Jon was racing our 2015 M5 with JB4 & meth only. Due to trans slippage he limited boost to 22psi, and the car is stock weight with a heavier driver. He managed a best of ~11.7@126mph. It was his first time in the 11s in any car so he was happy.

Ando was racing our 2015 M4 with JB4 only and really struggled with traction. Since he didn't have meth the high temperatures translated in to low timing values which hurt his power a lot more than Jon and myself. His best was ~11.9@120mph.

Jason was racing our 435 with JB4, PURE S2 Turbo, BMS meth, and some other bolt ons, and really struggled to build boost off the line. 60's were in the 2.2-2.3 range brake boosting so we're going to have to work on improving that somehow. He ran a best of ~11.9@120mph

Ram with the 740whp M5 using a combination of BMS and ESS parts ran a best of ~11.4@132mph. With some tuning adjustments and better tires I can see him picking up another 2mph pretty easily. And he has larger turbos on the way.

Eric (of MB fame) has a GTR now and I think his best was 10.4@133mph with around 640 all wheel hp. Damn those cars are fast!

Worth noting we were all running unleaded racing fuel.

I'll post up some better photos and videos later!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 08-23-2015, 10:18 AM

Wow. These are outstanding results!! That trap is out of control!!! Congrats.

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#3)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 08-23-2015, 10:22 AM

135 in that heat... 135 full weight..? goddamn those things are making good power!
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-23-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine
135 in that heat... 135 full weight..? goddamn those things are making good power!
I know... First run with less boost it did 132mph. Then 134mph. Then 135mph. The last being at around 33psi IIRC. I'm also using the JB4 to raise timing a bit over stock.

*** edit Here is a log of the run.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Car: 335is DCT
Default 08-23-2015, 10:40 AM

Great job Terry. Pretty soon this platform will be running 11.x trapping 140+, lol

335is DCT
(#6)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 08-23-2015, 11:20 AM

It's so annoying that a GTR with equal power can put down 10s all day and we're here with plenty of 650+ cars hitting 11.5s

This is why I stick to road racing haha

M-Sport 135i - N54 - FBO - E60 - Mfactory LSD - MHD - JB4 - SPX Tuned
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-23-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spxxx
It's so annoying that a GTR with equal power can put down 10s all day and we're here with plenty of 650+ cars hitting 11.5s

This is why I stick to road racing haha
I know but at the end of the day he still had to drive home in a Nissan.

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Default 08-23-2015, 11:21 AM

If only Xdrive wasn't such a POS.

A sweet car would be an Xdrive m235 with pure stage 2, that may actually be in the books for my next car, unless of course I go F80.

(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-23-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musc
Great job Terry. Pretty soon this platform will be running 11.x trapping 140+, lol
lol I think 140 might be possible with the seats all out, a lighter catback exhaust, negative DA like they get back east, etc. The platform is pretty impressive.

Launching it is hard. But some of our customers have had good success at better tracks getting in the 1.7s for example. Once more people add in larger turbos I expect you'll see a lot of 10 second slips.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old
BurgerTuning.com

Car: F80 M3
Default 08-23-2015, 11:41 AM

My best time in the 435i was 11.969 at 120.06 MPH. It was my last run of the night. The car was full weight. I was starting off in 2nd all night which didn't work out too well. When I started launching in 1st gear my times improved.

Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-23-2015, 11:59 AM

Woohoo! Congrats! I left before your last slip. I'll update the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 08-23-2015, 12:05 PM

Hell yeah reppin for the bmws

12' DCT 135i
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#13)
Old

Car: 335ix
Default 08-23-2015, 12:22 PM

How bad is x-drive? What starts breaking first? Running about 24psi on the stock turbos with 6at and xdrive. curious what I'm in for if I upgrade turbos.

2010 335ix - hybrids, cp, ic, inlets, outlets, jb4, pi, fuel-it stg3, backend flash
(#14)
Old

Default 08-23-2015, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyt
How bad is x-drive? What starts breaking first? Running about 24psi on the stock turbos with 6at and xdrive. curious what I'm in for if I upgrade turbos.
Front differential has been known to break. plus they're both open diff which isn't that cool.

(#15)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default 08-23-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spxxx
Front differential has been known to break. plus they're both open diff which isn't that cool.
2 wheel drive is still better than 1 wheel drive.
(#16)
Old

Default 08-23-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnne99
2 wheel drive is still better than 1 wheel drive.
Yeah I almost went with an E92 Xdrive N54 but chose the 135i as it fits track duty much better. Although I would love having traction for drag races

(#17)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 08-23-2015, 05:26 PM

Congrats on that trap Terry. I was on the losing side of a bet with Eric as you did a lot better than I thought haha. Eric didn't do to bad either for himself.

We will need to line up the M3 and Turbo S at the airstrip should be a good run brother.

2016 BMW i8; 2015 Porsche 911 Turbo S; 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo S
(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-23-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder
Congrats on that trap Terry. I was on the losing side of a bet with Eric as you did a lot better than I thought haha. Eric didn't do to bad either for himself.

We will need to line up the M3 and Turbo S at the airstrip should be a good run brother.
Thanks! Eric told me about your bet. I didn't tell either of you but I had vboxed it at around 134mph at lower boost on a private track so I knew it would break 130 easily.

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 08-23-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Thanks! Eric told me about your bet. I didn't tell either of you but I had vboxed it at around 134mph at lower boost on a private track so I knew it would break 130 easily.
I wrongly assumed you would have worse traction issues like this the whole way down the track haha Apparently you didn't have a problem beyond the 1/8 mile! Your back half of 31mph shows the power you are making. I'm 107-110 in the 1/8 but can only manage 135's the 1/4. You will out trap me in the half mile no doubt but question is whether from a roll can u catch me as I will pull out an early lead

2016 BMW i8; 2015 Porsche 911 Turbo S; 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo S
(#20)
Old
Need4Speed

Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default 08-23-2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ BMS
My best time in the 435i was 11.969 at 120.06 MPH. It was my last run of the night. The car was full weight. I was starting off in 2nd all night which didn't work out too well. When I started launching in 1st gear my times improved.
First off congrats Terry, 135mph is damn impressive. Some of the cars @NFZ trap around there lol.

Jason what happened man? Didn't you run like 11.6 @118 last year on Pure stage 1? I was expecting to hear mid-low 11's
(#21)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-23-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder
I wrongly assumed you would have worse traction issues like this the whole way down the track haha Apparently you didn't have a problem beyond the 1/8 mile! Your back half of 31mph shows the power you are making. I'm 107-110 in the 1/8 but can only manage 135's the 1/4. You will out trap me in the half mile no doubt but question is whether from a roll can u catch me as I will pull out an early lead
I know.. If we go from a dig I have no chance and even from a roll, these turbos won't spool as quickly as yours. Will be fun either way. Maybe we can run after you've done a few back to back runs.

Burger Motorsports

(#22)
Old

Car: 2014 F10 M5 CP Frozen Grey
Default 08-23-2015, 06:42 PM

The event got more fun after half the people left.. got lots of runs in. IAT's were horrible and car managed a best of 11.31 and best trap was 132. Ironically it got quick on the drive back home after filling 3/4 tank with 91-octane (seems my tune likes a 95-97 octane mix) and I managed the 5.4s 100-200 KMPH.

Terry's car moved - need to get the M5 to shed another 700 lbs :-)

I was browsing the time-slips and the back-half 1/8-mile gains were anywhere from 28-31mph, so power/weight is there. Time for better tires.

Last edited by allmotor_2000; 08-23-2015 at 08:04 PM..
(#23)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-23-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3CI5N335i
First off congrats Terry, 135mph is damn impressive. Some of the cars @NFZ trap around there lol.

Jason what happened man? Didn't you run like 11.6 @118 last year on Pure stage 1? I was expecting to hear mid-low 11's
Thanks. On Jason's car considering he out trapped Ando's 500whp M4 the power was there. Just a slow night. The biggest issue is the launch now with the larger turbo. Launching in 1st gear seemed to help. I'm sure the car could do an 11.5 with the seats out on a cool night but that car is more of a cruiser.

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 08-23-2015, 09:15 PM

For the lovenof god, please ditch the nittos and get Hoosier or MTs for the track. As well as the linelock, its night and day difference
(#25)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-23-2015, 09:19 PM

Too lazy to do much with the car. These are good enough for roll races.

Burger Motorsports