N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default New JB4 F Series Billet Aluminum Enclosure - 04-16-2015, 03:04 PM

Hey guys,

Jason @ BMS has been busy at the CNC shop with a new JB4 enclosure system specifically designed for F Bodies. So far I really like what I see and wanted to post a couple teaser photos.

What we're working on is a really nice CNC machined aluminum enclosure of similar quality to our other CNC machined parts like our oil catch can and wheel spacers. It's an upgrade option to the plastic enclosure system that JB4s normally ship with.

This upgraded enclosure has an ORING seal making it fully weather proof, internal mounting tabs to accept our JB4 & Stage1 circuit board, and is machined to accept the existing BMS harnesses.

To install you simply remove the covers off your harness (and data cable if equipped), pop it in the bottom of the new enclosure, place the top on, and tighten the included allen screws. In addition there are 4 large holes which accept zip-ties to attach it wherever you'd like within the engine bay. Since this solution is fully weather proof you're no longer limited to having to hide your JB4 under the plastic covers. Although, those do still make for a very convenient mounting location.

Attached is a photo of the prototype that we're testing in our M3 along with a shot showing how the harness and board fit inside. The production units will be anodized black. At least to start. We may also offer blue and red if there is interest.

Pricing will be $59 and we expect to have a batch ready in a week or two. I'll post a link when it's ready.

We're also still working on our new OBDII CANbus connectivity system which we expect to implement across the entire F Body platform, starting with the S55 models, but then also N20s & N55s. The new system eliminates the need to add POSI-TAPs and adds some additional features like an in dash boost gauge and on the fly map switching similar to our E Series models. More on that in the coming weeks.

Enclosure install directions:

1) Always disconnect the negative battery terminal when working with electrical wiring.
2) Unplug the JB4 control box and unsnap it's existing enclosure. It will pop right off.
3) Remove the black AMP shell from the JB4 harness by removing two screws and pulling it apart.
4) Remove the gray shell from the BMS DATA cable by removing two screws and pulling it apart.
5) Using the included 1/4" long screws attach your JB4 harness & DATA cable to the JB4 circuit board.
6) Place the circuit board bottom down in the side of the enclosure that says "bottom". It should lock in on the down pins provided preventing it from sliding around.
7) Position the JB4 harness grommet in the larger hole cutout.
8) Position the DATA cable in the smaller hole cutout.
9) Carefully install the top of the enclosure. If it does not side perfectly flush then there is an alignment issue with the JB4 inside.
10) Reinstall and tighten the 4 screws holding the enclosure together.
11) When working with the USB cable be careful not to allow it to touch the battery rail as this can cause a short circuit or other damage. We suggest covering the battery rail with a piece of cloth tape.
12) Reconnect the negative battery terminal.

Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: 335i M sport
Default 04-16-2015, 03:05 PM

That looks SOLID !!!

2014 - M6 f06, FabWorx Ctlss DP's, JB4, FSB meth, Turner Exhaust.
2012 - 650i M sport JB stage 1 (Gone)
2009 - 335i N54 JB4, DINAN CAI, MACHT SHNELL DP'S, HPF FMIC, ER CP, SYNAPSE BOV, EISENMANN RACE EXHAUST, BT OIL CC, COOLINGMIST/SNOW PERFORMANCE METH INJECTION - 427 WHP DYNOJET (Gone)
(#3)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 04-16-2015, 03:18 PM

Awesome!
(#4)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 04-16-2015, 09:42 PM

No posi taps, full water proof.
By the way new map switching on the S55 we have been working on is pretty sweet

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 04-16-2015, 10:40 PM

This is AWESOME !

Will definite be on board for this new enclosure.

Looking forward to having the gauges etc for N55 F Series

Keep up the excellent work

JB FTW !

(#6)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 04-17-2015, 07:43 AM

Looks very nice indeed!

F80 M3 - 100-200: N/A
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
(#7)
Old

Car: 2014 BMW 335i Sport Line
Default 04-17-2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:
No posi taps, full water proof.
Awesome! where can I pre-order this
(#8)
Old

Car: F80
Default 04-17-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfardan
Awesome! where can I pre-order this

+1 where can I order?
(#9)
Old

Car: 2015 F22 M235i
Default 04-17-2015, 12:23 PM

Sent you an email Terry.

- Nick J

2015 M235i Coupe / ZF8 / Moonroof Delete / Glacier Silver / Coral / BMWP Side Blades

Wifey's Ride:
2013 135is Coupe / 6MT / DSBP / Black Leather with Blue Stitching / ZPP / CA / HK / #268 of 586 Coupes
(#10)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 04-19-2015, 02:12 AM

I need this. I pull the controller out every time I wash my car. Was actually thinking of working on a solution myself and saw this.
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-20-2015, 08:41 AM

Hope to have a handful in the next week or so to start getting them out there. From there we'll ramp up production.

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 335i
Default 04-20-2015, 09:43 AM

I want this!
(#13)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2015 335i Gran Turismo MPPK
Default 04-20-2015, 09:48 PM

I want the new Canbus hook ups. How long until thats ready? I may hold off installing my JB4.

Mike Levy
2015 335i xDrive Gran Turismo
(#14)
Old

Default 04-23-2015, 09:44 AM

When can we expect these?
(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-23-2015, 09:45 AM

The enclosures? We'll have the first small batch ready this week. Assuming those look good we'll ramp up production.

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Default 04-23-2015, 10:27 AM

Yup the enclosures, how can I get one ?
(#17)
Old
BMW Freak

Car: F10 535i
Default 04-23-2015, 10:36 AM

Hi terry,

Are you going to add this enclosures to you BMS website or are you planning to do a sale list on this forum since you have a limited batch?

If you're doing a list I have dibs.

2011 535i (07/2011 build) Imperial Blue, Oyster/Black Interior, Anthracite Wood Trim, ZPP, ZP2, ZCV, ZSP, 2TB, 6NF, 6NR, BMS JB4 S2, BMS Intake, ER DP.
2009 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

Retired: 2009 328i,Titanium Silver, Black Interior, Dark Wood Trim, ZPP, ZLP, 609, 494, AAW Tune.
(#18)
Old

Car: 08 535ix
Default 04-23-2015, 12:26 PM

whats going to keep the aluminum from making contact with the circuits?

'08 535xi 6m, ACT 6 Puck Race Clutch / AR Design DP's / AFE Twin Power DCI / VTT Inlets / VRSF CP / TIAL BOV / Big Tom style IC / Fuel-It Stg2 LPFP / NGK 5992's @.022 / N20 T-Map / MHD Flash....100% e85 @24psi on stock snails!
(#19)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2015 335i Gran Turismo MPPK
Default 04-23-2015, 01:06 PM

Probably the connectors. It looks like the board is suspended by them.

Mike Levy
2015 335i xDrive Gran Turismo
(#20)
Old

Car: 08 535ix
Default 04-23-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
I sure hope that's not all they are relying on to isolate those bare circuits. any one of them could short to another and bad things would happen.

'08 535xi 6m, ACT 6 Puck Race Clutch / AR Design DP's / AFE Twin Power DCI / VTT Inlets / VRSF CP / TIAL BOV / Big Tom style IC / Fuel-It Stg2 LPFP / NGK 5992's @.022 / N20 T-Map / MHD Flash....100% e85 @24psi on stock snails!
(#21)
Old
admin

Car: BMW
Default 04-23-2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdominick
I sure hope that's not all they are relying on to isolate those bare circuits. any one of them could short to another and bad things would happen.
There are machined locating support tabs on the upper and lower part of the enclosure ensuring no JB4 circuitry comes into contact with the enclosure.

Burger Motorsports

(#22)
Old
admin

Car: BMW
Default 04-24-2015, 10:34 AM

Nice! Here they are with the black anodizing.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#23)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 335i
Default 04-24-2015, 11:44 AM

when can we order these?
(#24)
Old

Default 04-24-2015, 01:27 PM

I am ready to place an order
(#25)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-24-2015, 02:32 PM

Jason will put it up on the site this weekend but we only have 10 in this initial batch. We will be ramping up production though.

Burger Motorsports