N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default Fuel-It! N54 Port Injection Fuel Kit - 01-19-2015, 03:08 PM

Use subject to terms and conditions posted at http://www.burgertuning.com/terms.html

THIS PART IS LEGAL FOR USE ONLY IN COMPETITION RACING VEHICLES AS DEFINED UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW, AND IS NOT LEGAL FOR USE IN ANY OTHER MOTOR VEHICLE. California law defines a "racing vehicle" as "a competition vehicle not used on public highways." (Calif. Health & Safety Code 39048) This part may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event. Competition-only motor vehicles may not be driven to a racing event on a public highway and must be transported on a trailer or other carrier. USE OF THIS PART IN ANY OTHER VEHICLE MAY SUBJECT YOU TO FINES AND PENALTIES FOR VIOLATION OF FEDERAL AND/OR STATE LAW, WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY FROM BURGER MOTORSPORTS, INC, AND CAN VOID YOUR VEHICLE'S WARRANTY. It is your responsibility to comply with all applicable federal and state laws relating to use of this part, and Burger Motorsports, Inc hereby disclaims any liability resulting from the failure to use this part in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.

Hey guys,

Making this thread for updates, details, and general discussion of port injection.

http://burgertuning.com/N54_secondar...ctors_BMW.html

The Fuel-IT kit includes:

1) A fully plug and play adapter plate & injector rail.
2) Matched Bosch 52# injectors.
3) JB4 PI Controller for fully integrated control.

Frequently asked questions:

What is the low pressure requirement for port injection?

For up to 600whp the Fuel-It Stage1 low pressure kit is required. For higher power levels the Fuel-It Stage3 low pressure kit is required. The Fuel-It Stage2 falls somewhere in between in terms of power support.

Can I use port injection along with my water/methanol injection kit?

If equipped with WMI we suggest either removing it or going down to a single CM3 or CM5 nozzle primarily for cooling. When using the BMS PI controller the FSB orange wire will remain in place for the WMI trigger but the FSB blue wire will stay disconnected as its replaced by the PI controller signal.

What is the difference between the SplitSecond AIC6 as a stand alone and the JB4 PI controller?

The AIC6 is a simple stand alone system that allows mapping of port injection as a function of boost pressure and engine speed.

The JB4 port injection controller is fully integrated solution allowing enhanced port injection mapping and safety.

For example the JB4 port injection controller:

1) Uses low fuel pressure in conjunction with boost pressure to evaluate injection pressure and adjust PI IPW dynamically as required to maintain consistent flow volume. This becomes particularly important in applications that are the edge of their low fuel pressure supply. As low pressure drops or oscillates port injection IPW must be dynamically adjusted to avoid run lean conditions.
2) Monitors pedal input, clutch input, gear, throttle position, etc, allowing more advanced mapping and instant cut of PI when letting off the gas or when traction control kicks in to avoid backfires.
3) Monitors current through the injectors and sends a signal back to the JB4 altering it of various problems including a clogged or disconnected injector, blown electrical fuse, loose ground, etc.
4) Monitors fuel trims in each bank and failsafes in the event of a mismatch of more than 15% indicating a potential boost single cylinder boost leak or injector flow issue.
5) Allows easy user adjustment of overall fuel volume using linear "Fuel Bias 0-100" values by RPM, greatly reducing the typical mapping complications when making manual tuning changes.
6) Integrates in to the JB4 multi-map system which produces on the fly PI mapping changes when you change maps, when boost is reduced in lower gears, or during anti-lag engagement.
7) When equipped with a JB4 integrated flex fuel sensor can automatically adjust port injection volume based on E85 mixture allowing for easy mixture changes.
8) Enhanced mapping logic such as tip in supplement to boost port injection during sudden transitions like spool up or gear changes where the high pressure pump tends to have problems keeping up.
9) Does not require a separate interface and cable for mapping and tuning port injection. It's all done right through the JB4 interface and logs greatly simplifying the process.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Last edited by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!; 07-13-2017 at 09:25 AM..
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-19-2015, 08:56 PM

If you do not have a 2STEP/NLS relay installed then make sure JB4 menu8 in dash is set to 0rpm. Otherwise the JB4 will assume a clutch wire is installed which will block the port injection from kicking on.

Directions for wiring up the new BMS JB4 Port Injection Controller:

Black connects to ground
Red connects to JB4 power on green connector
Yellow goes to the BMS data cable #9
White goes to JB4 DB25 harness spot #15 (where meth blue would normally go)
Purple goes in the JB4 small gray subconnector #21 as read from the female side

Note with the BMS JB4 PI Controller no programming is required on the controller itself.

Setup on the JB4 end:

1) For this to work the JB4 needs the latest 24k22 programming on the slave chip. Any G5 board shipped after 11/1/2015 will have this programming already. For older boards you can update it by adding the anti-lag chip on our upgrades page.
2) Ensure the JB4 has the latest firmware
3) Set fuel bias to 50 for all RPM spots. This indicates to run the JB4s default curve. From that point you can raise or lower the values by RPM to tell the JB4 to add more or less fuel based on the current tuning conditions. Note the JB4 also takes in to account gear, low fuel pressure, rate of boost gain, intake temperatures, and other factors to arrive at a final port injection output. The output value is displayed as fuel-enrich in JB4 logs.
4) Set "meth scaling" to 99. When port injection is flowing you should see a meth flow trace appear in JB4 logs. If the trace is stuck at 0 there is likely a wiring or setup issue.
5) Menu8 in dash must be set to 0, unless vehicle is manual transmission equipped with a NLS/2STEP relay.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 01-19-2015, 09:56 PM

Link to port injection controller install guides...

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.

Last edited by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!; 10-16-2016 at 12:33 PM..
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-19-2015, 10:25 PM

Directions for wiring up the new BMS JB4 Port Injection Controller:

Black ground
Red JB4 power on green connector
Yellow goes to the BMS data cable #9
White goes to JB4 Db25 harness #15
Purple goes in the small gray subconnector #21 as read from the female side

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#5)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 01-19-2015, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAZ
Sounds good...there is a slight difference on the N55 we have to accommodate for and verify. We'll let you know when they are available.
Can we still run meth together with this? Or is it not possible/needed? If enough fuelling from this, still the cooling of iat is nice to have. Unless ofcourse your system supplements fuelling via chargepipe entry and cools as well

F80 M3 - 100-200: 5.30 (in progress)
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-19-2015, 11:03 PM

I don't want to derail this thread...so this will be my last comment here.

No, I wouldn't run meth with "it" either.

Just to be clear and not take anything away from what is a well crafted and tested solution with this port injection setup. What we will be offering is not intended for the big horsepower guys. It's for the guys on stock frame turbos making 450-550 whp that need a decent bump in fueling capacity.

Also, when running high concentrations of ethanol, IAT's become even less important as ethanol is very detonation resistant. And yes...their will be cooling properties as well, just as there is with this and high concentrations of ethanol.

(#7)
Old
Legend

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-20-2015, 01:24 AM

Damn, that was much quicker than I thought...

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Car: E92
Default 01-20-2015, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leopard
Great. I want to order, but don't know that I'll be able to source six injectors and your harness seperately for $400.

I have a few questions:
Once you get the additional components (injectors, wiring harness), will you sell them for the difference in kit costs for those who buy now?
What is the part number for the Bosch injectors that you're using?

Thanks
Terry, please answer the above.

TS N54
(#9)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 335i
Default 01-20-2015, 08:06 AM

This looks awesome. Not something I need at the current time, but you never know for the future

Would you need to walnut blast before installing this to make sure everything is nice and clean? I'm assuming this would also prevent build up going forward?

2009 E90 335i
(#10)
Old

Default 01-20-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Sure, we could toss one on the 2011 135i VT2 for testing. Or maybe the black 2008 135i.
Terry you should throw it in the VT2 car so that way if its successful I can grab one LOL

2011 135i - N55 - JB4 ISO - FBO + Meth + Corn
VTT JB Stage 2 with VTT Forge DV and VTT N55 Waste Gate Upgrade

Pump Gas
60' ... 1.850
1/8 MPH ... 98.06
1/4 ... 11.735
Trap ... 122.71
(#11)
Old
Legend

Default 01-20-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAZ
Just to be clear and not take anything away from what is a well crafted and tested solution with this port injection setup. What we will be offering is not intended for the big horsepower guys. It's for the guys on stock frame turbos making 450-550 whp that need a decent bump in fueling capacity.
can't wait for this

FBO N54 AT 135i 'vert with JB4 and Trebila Performance custom flash
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-20-2015, 09:20 AM

I don't know about fuel rail fitment for the N55 but I am curious. If it fits the N55 it may also fit the S55. Which desperately needs more fuel.

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Default 01-20-2015, 09:27 AM

I was talking about the injector right to the throttle body but if the PI works for N55 thats even better lol

Pump Gas
60' ... 1.850
1/8 MPH ... 98.06
1/4 ... 11.735
Trap ... 122.71
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-20-2015, 09:30 AM

I'm sure Steve will make a thread to discuss that solution when he's ready.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Default 01-20-2015, 09:34 AM

good point...sorry didn't mean to hi-jack your thread lol.

looking forward to your results with this kit!

Pump Gas
60' ... 1.850
1/8 MPH ... 98.06
1/4 ... 11.735
Trap ... 122.71
(#16)
Old

Car: BMW 1M
Default 01-20-2015, 09:44 AM

What benefit will this make on stock frame turbos either stock or RB?
Will this increase our power or just mean no more meth usage

RHD Top Mount ST
(#17)
Old

Car: BMW 1M
Default 01-20-2015, 09:44 AM

RHD Top Mount ST
(#18)
Old

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 01-20-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1///M
Excellent question !

Any idea please

The car has the following steps, jb4 , full bolt ons, Rb, forged internals and vac cylinder head stage 1 and my trouble avg ign retard (9.1)
. Thanks in advance.
(#19)
Old

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 01-20-2015, 12:07 PM

Sorry Id say "specs"
(#20)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-20-2015, 12:49 PM

Looks like the injectors will be in Thursday. Now I just need to make a few harnesses!

Burger Motorsports

(#21)
Old

Car: BMW 335i E92
Default 01-20-2015, 01:01 PM

Hey Terry,

What if we used this as direct port injection for water/meth instead of for fueling? Something like this:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=947629

Would it be a good idea/upgrade from the chargepipe/meth bung setup? It should ensure that all cylinders are recieving an equal amount of the water/meth.
(#22)
Old

Car: E92
Default 01-20-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looks like the injectors will be in Thursday. Now I just need to make a few harnesses!
Awesome, please update your site so I can click add to cart

TS N54
(#23)
Old

Car: AW 135i
Default 01-20-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leopard
Awesome, please update your site so I can click add to cart
+1

2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD & Axles, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV
Best stock turbo 12.5 @ 19.46 spinning all the way down
RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
(#24)
Old

Car: 2011 335xi
Default 01-20-2015, 01:25 PM

How long until this is ready for N55 (E90) use?
(#25)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-20-2015, 01:27 PM

It's not been tested on the N55 and I have no idea IF it will work at all or when we'll be able to test it.

Burger Motorsports