N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default Mercedes C300 & C400 W205 Stage1 - 12-03-2014, 12:27 PM

This is going to be the central point of contact or our Stage1 tuner for the Mercedes Benz (W205 Model) C300 & C400.

Use subject to terms and conditions posted at http://www.burgertuning.com/terms.html

THIS PART IS LEGAL FOR USE ONLY IN COMPETITION RACING VEHICLES AS DEFINED UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW, AND IS NOT LEGAL FOR USE IN ANY OTHER MOTOR VEHICLE. California law defines a "racing vehicle" as "a competition vehicle not used on public highways." (Calif. Health & Safety Code 39048) This part may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event. Competition-only motor vehicles may not be driven to a racing event on a public highway and must be transported on a trailer or other carrier. USE OF THIS PART IN ANY OTHER VEHICLE MAY SUBJECT YOU TO FINES AND PENALTIES FOR VIOLATION OF FEDERAL AND/OR STATE LAW, WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY FROM BURGER MOTORSPORTS, LLC, AND CAN VOID YOUR VEHICLE'S WARRANTY. It is your responsibility to comply with all applicable federal and state laws relating to use of this part, and Burger Motorsports, LLC hereby disclaims any liability resulting from the failure to use this part in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.

BETA Install Guide.

The system ships with map 1 selected and maps can only be changed with a BMS DATA cable.

Map 0: Disables tuner.
Map 1: Pump gas performance
Map 2: More aggressive map for higher octane fuels, E85 mixtures, or modified vehicles.

JB4 Interface: Latest Interface Download.

If you need directions on how to connect a laptop to your JB4 to update firmware or how to datalog Click here.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 12-03-2014, 12:54 PM

Can't wait to see what it puts down on the dyno.
Excited about the development on this car. Hopefully some good power to be added.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old
Need4Speed

Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default 12-03-2014, 01:01 PM

Cool stuff. I'm sure the Mercedes guys are excited
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-03-2014, 09:16 PM

I was able to get some preliminary tuning done. I'm able to use a similar approach to what we use with the MINI N18 motor which lets us trick the DME in to increasing it's boost target, while keeping it fully in charge of boost control and running off its already mapped tables for fueling and timing appropriate to the higher boost target. e.g. if you read boost directly via the OBDII port its accurate. This could become the basis for a Stage1 tune.

Attached is a stock boost profile during a 3->4 run and a "tuned" 3->4 run. Able to pickup an average of 2psi so far. Which would be just enough to make a Stage1 tune viable. I can definitely feel the extra torque but need to keep working on the top end performance a bit.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#5)
Old

Car: Bmw 328i F30
Default 12-04-2014, 09:21 AM

can't wait to see this against JB4 N20

F30 328i - 8 auto.. JB4+FF+EWG, OCC, Injen Intake+scoop, AFE dp, AA axle-back - H&R springs, H&R rear SB - Front Strut - F&R BMS spacers..
(#6)
Old

Car: 335is DCT
Default 12-04-2014, 09:41 AM

Rather have the two cars in the garage

335is DCT
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-04-2014, 09:57 PM

OK some good progress has been made the last couple of days. I have control over everything we need to successfully tune the vehicle.

The only hitch is one of the sensors is really difficult to reach. Probably a 30 minute job and a difficult one at that as there isn't much room to work with. You have to pull a few parts out and really contort your hand to get it in. Compare that to maybe 30 seconds total to install the rest of the connections which are right on top of the engine. On the plus side the tune functions nicely without the sensor giving most of the torque gains. You just don't get the power gains above 4500rpm.

We'll implement this tune similar to how we approach the M3 JB4. We'll Include all the connections on the harness and then allow end users to decide whether the torque gains from Stage1 are enough to keep them happy or whether they want to connect the devil sensor enabling Stage2 to unlock the rest of their top end power.

I was able to hit the private track for some tuned VBOX Stage2 runs on pump fuel and gains were pretty solid. 0-60 5.3s, 0-100 13.5s, 1/4 mile 13.8@101mph. Knocked a full second off the 0-100mph which was impressive. Stage1 times were a bit better than stock but with the car shifting itself around 6000rpm after the first gear you are working from a part of the power band that isn't increased much with Stage1.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 12-04-2014, 10:17 PM

impressive! Not suprised at all though, Terry; a mad scientist in his habitat creating new formulas for all the new badazz turbo machines

12' DCT 135i
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#9)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 12-04-2014, 11:55 PM

Now that's AWESOME!

Now lets get that 0-60 in 5.0seconds with some e85/race mix!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

Last edited by Ando @ BMS; 12-05-2014 at 12:09 AM..
(#10)
Old
N54TECH FTMFW

Car: E92 335i
Default 12-05-2014, 08:06 AM

Is this a hint that you may also tune the c63 m177 ?!
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-05-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330
Is this a hint that you may also tune the c63 m177 ?!
I don't think we'll get involved with any of the AMG models except maybe the C450 AMG if they make one. The volume just isn't there to justify it.

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Car: F80 M3
Default 12-11-2014, 12:08 PM

same engine as the A45 AMG Terry?

Performance Centre - Large stocks of Burger Motorsport products with UK Nationwide fitting and dyno testing. http://www.theperformancecentre.co.uk/#!shop/c22lx
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-11-2014, 12:19 PM

No idea on that but I'd like to look at some of the AMG models to check their electronics.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old
huh?

Car: German car(S)
Default 12-11-2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No idea on that but I'd like to look at some of the AMG models to check their electronics.
Its so funny I just helped my sister pick up one of these! I wish you had something for my CLS!

2014 CLS 550 Magno Cashmere White
(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-12-2014, 03:31 PM

I've been slowly becoming more familiar with the turbo MB vehicles. Have a photo of your TMAP sensor so I can check the electronics?

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-12-2014, 03:54 PM

On the C300 front testing has been doing well. We've finalized the wiring harness and are gearing up to produce 100 sets which should take 3-4 weeks. Once done we'll be ready to launch a BETA program.

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Car: '08 335xi cp
Send a message via AIM to GBX
Default 12-12-2014, 06:07 PM

any idea if this is the same engine as the GLA250? The Gla makes a lot less power stock but both are turbo 4's . Can't believe MB makes more then 1...any idea?
(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-14-2014, 02:41 PM

Would need to see a photo of the engine bay to determine that.

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old

Car: '08 335xi cp
Send a message via AIM to GBX
Default 12-15-2014, 11:17 AM

decided to go with an X1 instead.....JB Stage 1 here I come
(#20)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-15-2014, 11:35 AM

Good choice!

Burger Motorsports

(#21)
Old

Car: '11 335is DCT
Default 12-15-2014, 07:23 PM

My dad just picked up a C300 today. You can put me down as a beta tester.
(#22)
Old
huh?

Car: German car(S)
Default 12-16-2014, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I've been slowly becoming more familiar with the turbo MB vehicles. Have a photo of your TMAP sensor so I can check the electronics?
I'll take a pic for you soon.

2014 CLS 550 Magno Cashmere White
(#23)
Old

Car: Evolution
Default 12-17-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBX
any idea if this is the same engine as the GLA250? The Gla makes a lot less power stock but both are turbo 4's . Can't believe MB makes more then 1...any idea?
The CLA and GLA share the same engine designation 270920.

The C300's engine designation is 274920

Last edited by Laramie_05MR; 12-18-2014 at 06:19 AM..
(#24)
Old

Car: MB
Default 12-21-2014, 12:01 PM

Terry,

found this from Kleemann, in hopes to provide a different approach to tuning.

I just leased a C400 and looking to use your development to tune my car.

I live in So Cal (Inland Empire). In case I can be of assistance during beta testing.

http://catalog.kleemann.dk/catalog/4.../#!prettyPhoto

Thanks,
(#25)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-21-2014, 12:57 PM

Drop me an email would love to check the car out.

Burger Motorsports