N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old
JB4 addict

Car: powered by JB4
Default 12-24-2012, 07:05 AM

Just wondering, with the N20's if we do encounter any codes... does the CAN tool as is delete them or do we need to update the firmware on the CAN tool?

I've tried to search but can't seem to find any firmware update threads for the BMS Can Tool
(#77)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-24-2012, 02:57 PM

Any CAN Tool shipped within the last few months can delete F30 codes.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#78)
Old
JB4 addict

Car: powered by JB4
Default 12-25-2012, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Any CAN Tool shipped within the last few months can delete F30 codes.
If we have an older one not shipped in the last few months? like an existing one from using with an E92, is there anyway to make it delete potential codes?
(#79)
Old

Car: BMW 320d E90
Default 01-24-2013, 10:03 AM

Hi Terry, will this set up also work on the N20 version we get here in South Africa (Altitude)? N20 125i (F20) rated at 160Kw and 310Nm, seems its the same motor just down graded version?
What turbo are they running on this N20 motor K03?

Last edited by EwMPS; 01-24-2013 at 10:59 AM..
(#80)
Old

Default 02-07-2013, 04:20 AM

whats the difference between the n20 320i map and the 328i maps?

or should i say which map will give the biggest power bump
(#81)
Old

Car: 2012 BMW 125i MSPORT F20
Default 125i tune - 02-09-2013, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EwMPS
Hi Terry, will this set up also work on the N20 version we get here in South Africa (Altitude)? N20 125i (F20) rated at 160Kw and 310Nm, seems its the same motor just down graded version?
What turbo are they running on this N20 motor K03?
Hi there. I bought and fitted this to my 125i Msport. It is great. Dyno showed power up to 195kw and 400nm on the flywheel. 95RON pump fuel.
(#82)
Old

Car: 2012 BMW 125i MSPORT F20
Default 02-09-2013, 03:13 AM

I am in Cape Town
(#83)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-15-2013, 09:07 AM

OK guys we're making good progress on Stage1. Ready to track down some local testers.

The upgrade kit is $175 and we'll do free labor for locals. Currently to use Stage2 you need:

1) Automatic trans
2) Pneumatic solenoid

Drop me an email if interested!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#84)
Old

Car: F30+ boosted E36/7
Default 03-15-2013, 09:32 AM

Automatics only=Sad face
(#85)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-15-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesonsViggen
Automatics only=Sad face
We'll do manuals too but the CAN wires are harder to reach so want to start with autos. If you are a local manual though drop me an email. Maybe we can trade cars for a day so we can work out the wiring.

Burger Motorsports

(#86)
Old

Default 03-15-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
We'll do manuals too but the CAN wires are harder to reach so want to start with autos. If you are a local manual though drop me an email. Maybe we can trade cars for a day so we can work out the wiring.
If you were within a 200 mile drive I would do it for sure.

But CA-NJ is a bit more than that lol.

But I am patient, I know you guys will make it right and come through for manual guys all in due time.
(#87)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-19-2013, 04:17 PM

Cleaned up the first post a bit and added links to addl Stage2 dynos.

Burger Motorsports

(#88)
Old

Car: BMW F30 328i
Default 03-19-2013, 09:32 PM

Hi Terry & everyone,

Like many new to a forum site, I have been reading posts from all the threads for quite some time, but now I decided to join. Let's say that the N20 Stage 2 update was the trigger to join.

I have been a long time & very active member of E90Post and F30Post, so Mike from N54Tuning has kept us fully informed as to your progress.

In 2009, I bought the PowerBox for my 325i and it transformed the car from a fun car into a great fun car. DS mode was quite aggressive, in the best possible way of course. It was a transformed car and I loved the little, but significant boost to the power & torque. Cheers.

Congrats Terry on your achievements thus far with the N20 tuning. As Jameson (poster above) know, I have Stage 1 and it's fantastic, especially when I get the opportunity to open it up. It pushes the car through the gears with such alacrity, I always have a great, excited laugh at how fast the car has become. I have the privilege of having pure 98RON fuel available, which I have been using for years, on my old E90 and now for my F30.

Looking forward to Stage 2 upgrade.

BMW F30 328i M-Sport Estoril Blue with JB4 on Map 1

Last edited by David328iMSport; 03-19-2013 at 09:40 PM..
(#89)
Old

Default 03-19-2013, 09:43 PM

Terry,

I have the opportunity to fill my car with 100RON fuel, made up of 98RON with 10% Ethanol to increase the RON to 100. According to my BMW service centre, they don't like us to use Ethanol, but on the fuel filler cover, it states up to 10% Ethanol,yet you use it to maximise your tunes.

What are your thought on me using 100RON, knowing I have S1 (default 3psi). Will it be worth using? Thanks.

(#90)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-20-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328iMSport
Terry,

I have the opportunity to fill my car with 100RON fuel, made up of 98RON with 10% Ethanol to increase the RON to 100. According to my BMW service centre, they don't like us to use Ethanol, but on the fuel filler cover, it states up to 10% Ethanol,yet you use it to maximise your tunes.

What are your thought on me using 100RON, knowing I have S1 (default 3psi). Will it be worth using? Thanks.
We've been running E85 mixtures here for a few years without issue on previous models.

With the Stage1 you can probably get away with 20% ethanol and +4psi settings. On the JB4 we have another sensor you'll need to add that augments the fueling capacity of the piggyback to allow for higher E85 mixtures.

Burger Motorsports

(#91)
Old

Default 03-20-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
We've been running E85 mixtures here for a few years without issue on previous models.

With the Stage1 you can probably get away with 20% ethanol and +4psi settings. On the JB4 we have another sensor you'll need to add that augments the fueling capacity of the piggyback to allow for higher E85 mixtures.
+4psi on stage1 on 93 octane a no-no, or safe?
(#92)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-20-2013, 04:20 PM

Should be fine.

Burger Motorsports

(#93)
Old

Default 03-20-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
+4psi on stage1 on 93 octane a no-no, or safe?
Are we on the same page or what!!!!!!
All this +4psi talk makes me want that damn cable. Off to my local supplier with another email again.

Looking forward to your +4psi/93 review.
Cheers

(#94)
Old

Default 03-20-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:

Thanks for your reply Terry. I might give my local 100RON petrol (gas) station a try soon.

(#95)
Old

Car: 2013 328i M-Sport
Default 03-20-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Automatics only=Sad face
+1. Cash in hand. East Coast, though

If you need remote hands I'm here for ya!
(#96)
Old

Default 03-23-2013, 02:42 PM

Downloaded the interface so I can raise the boost to +4 psi for my 93 octane.

Dunno what I did wrong, but I open it up and there is no toggle I can see to set it for the N20, no drop down. So I do not have anything specific to the N20, it's all zeros as seen below.

(#97)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-23-2013, 03:19 PM

Stage1 interface has no toggles, etc. Connect to car to see populated values.

Burger Motorsports

(#98)
Old

Default 03-23-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I was connected to the car. Everything was 0's.
(#99)
Old

Default 03-23-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I was connected to the car. Everything was 0's.
Maybe USB connect download did not take.
(#100)
Old

Default 03-23-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Tried everything again, still no dice. I tried all 3 of the laptops USB inputs. Should I hear some kind of chime or indication when I unplug the usb end on a running car? I heard nothing which might be an indication the download on the laptop might be the issue.