N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: E92 M3
Default BMS - Stealth Large Capacity Water / Meth Tank Installed - 10-29-2016, 05:52 PM

I installed the new BMS stealth Meth Tank today, wow, this tank is awesome, a work of art! It has great fitment, good capacity, and the best thing is it's stealth. I've used water meth on my previous boosted M3's and always wanted a tank that was stealth like this with good capacity, now with the F82 M4 we have one. Running meth on the F8X has shown fantastic results, the S55 loves E85 and it really loves Water/Meth too, there's a reason they decided to use Water Injection on the GTS, it works.

The thing about Terry and BMS is they make products that enthusiasts want. In order to make a tank like this from scratch, it's very expensive, takes a lot of time. I hope they sell a lot of these and are rewarded for their work.

The install was simple, and it fits like a glove, there were no issues. After the install I used the JB4 bluetooth app on my iphone to prime the water/meth pump to get the air out of the lines, I mean Terry really thought of everything when he developed the JB4, this tank is just another example of how good he is.

This is the small 3 quart tank I was using in the meantime and I would run out of Meth by the third run at these 1/2 mile events, lol, but it did the job until I got the BMS stealth tank. Big thanks to Terry and Jason @BMS for making this tank!

Here's some pics of the stealth tank before install -

The tank without the pump mounted -

Pump mounting area -

Outlet, thread sealer added -

Pump Mouting -

Outlet line connected to pump -

Feed hose and wiring -

Installed -

16 F82 M4 ZCP - DCT - JB4 - Meth - 1/2 Mile 161MPH
08 E92 M3 - DCT - Built Motor - ESS VT3-750 SC
710 WHP/495 WTQ STD CF @ 14.4psi
6.1s 60-130MPH (Drag Strip)
174.12 MPH Shift-S3ctor Standing 1/2 Mile - E9X WR
(#2)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default 10-29-2016, 06:35 PM

Nice looks Sweet!

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-29-2016, 09:41 PM

Looking good! This is the 2nd unit out in testing. First is on our M3. Will get one in our 340 and 435 soon.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 10-30-2016, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looking good! This is the 2nd unit out in testing. First is on our M3. Will get one in our 340 and 435 soon.
So not for sale yet? Does it have a baffle at the feed area?

F21 M140i - currently stock
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.6, 60-130: 5.3
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#5)
Old

Car: 2016 M3
Default 10-30-2016, 01:44 PM

I want one!
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-30-2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkiedm4
So not for sale yet? Does it have a baffle at the feed area?
No it's not for sale yet. When it is, you'll see it appear on our website.

On the pickup area we tried a few things but went with a beveled sump to gravity feed the pump, with a single divider where the sump starts to reduce fluid movement out of the sump during sharp cornering. So far so good in our testing but we'll see how expanded beta testing goes with it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old
Demigod

Default 10-30-2016, 09:30 PM

Quote:
No it's not for sale yet. When it is, you'll see it appear on our website.

On the pickup area we tried a few things but went with a beveled sump to gravity feed the pump, with a single divider where the sump starts to reduce fluid movement out of the sump during sharp cornering. So far so good in our testing but we'll see how expanded beta testing goes with it.
Sounds good!

peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
pureturbos.eu
(#8)
Old

Car: F10 M5 CP
Default 10-31-2016, 10:28 PM

Any stealth tank for M5 that fits in the spare tyre area?
(#9)
Old

Car: 2014 F10 M5 CP Frozen Grey
Default 11-01-2016, 06:06 AM

[QUOTE=garyf10m5;505542]Any stealth tank for M5 that fits in the spare
(#10)
Old

Car: 335i F30
Default 11-02-2016, 01:20 PM

Any plans for a stealth tank for an M5.

2013 F10 M5 | PS2 | JB4+BCM | Bootmod3 | BMS Intake | BMS CP's | ER **'s | SSP Spec-R | Meth
10/15/16 Goodbye old friend - 2012 F30 335i | PURE stage 2 turbo | JB4 | BMS intake | ER down pipe | ER charge pipe | ER FMIC | E60 | Meth
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-02-2016, 01:29 PM

It's like a 25k thing to develop each tank. Not likely.. Unless you know 100 people who would be willing to pay $300 for one.

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 11-16-2016, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Any potential of this tank fitting in an e92 335i? I am assuming the dimensions might be similar...
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-16-2016, 06:22 PM

I doubt it would fit.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-17-2016, 02:08 PM

Ok have a few in stock. Not in the site yet so email me if you want one. 229 intro price plus shipping.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-18-2016, 10:37 AM

OK we have a few in stock. $279 regular price, $229 intro price to get them out there and help marketing. It's not fully on the site yet but we added it under the meth tanks option on the meth page.

http://www.burgertuning.com/meth.html

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 11-21-2016, 05:10 AM

Quote:
OK we have a few in stock. $279 regular price, $229 intro price to get them out there and help marketing. It's not fully on the site yet but we added it under the meth tanks option on the meth page.

http://www.burgertuning.com/meth.html

Is there a hole or something for mounting waterlevel sensor in the tank ?
(#17)
Old

Car: 2016 M3
Default 11-29-2016, 06:39 AM

Took my time installing but success! Glad I held out for the stealth kit, this tank is huge.
Attached Images

(#18)
Old
Demigod

Default 11-29-2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulexec
Took my time installing but success! Glad I held out for the stealth kit, this tank is huge.
Nice nice !

peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
pureturbos.eu
(#19)
Old
BurgerTuning.com

Car: F80 M3
Default 05-13-2017, 07:20 PM

A short video about the tank.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#20)
Old

Default 05-15-2017, 11:03 AM

I'm trying to decide between this meth kit or a fuel-it system to run 100% E85.

which will allow me to make the the most power safely (oem turbos)?
(#21)
Old

Car: E92 M3
Default 05-15-2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4d
I'm trying to decide between this meth kit or a fuel-it system to run 100% E85.

which will allow me to make the the most power safely (oem turbos)?
I love the fuel it setup but the S55 that has made the most power on stock turbos, 600+whp, runs E30 and 100% Meth, dual C7 nozzles, Map 6, FBO, he also ran a 10.6 @133MPH.

I did 556, Map 8, E40.

16 F82 M4 ZCP - DCT - JB4 - Meth - 1/2 Mile 161MPH
08 E92 M3 - DCT - Built Motor - ESS VT3-750 SC
710 WHP/495 WTQ STD CF @ 14.4psi
6.1s 60-130MPH (Drag Strip)
174.12 MPH Shift-S3ctor Standing 1/2 Mile - E9X WR