N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-21-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phv628
I'm in the same boat. I was idling at 57 psi for several weeks. I decided to pull out the Fuel-IT Stage 3 pumps to change out a fuel level sensor. I uninstalled all of the wiring to check for any tears are poor connections. I reinstalled with no change in lpf at idle and during WOT, the lpf would tank down to 38 psi. The next day I pulled the Stage 3 pump for a second time and re-installed all the wiring for a second time out of frustration thinking maybe something wasn't on tight enough. Anyways this time the lpf at idle jumped to 83 psi and then settled down to 65 psi. However during WOT, although the lpf is tanking down to 38, it is still tanking to about 50 psi. I also installed a new lpf sensor recently and it didn't change a thing. I have now resorted to ordering a ekmp module to try that. My logs show that port is turning on and the trims are good so that tells me that both pumps are turning on and working. This is all very frustrating as a 5 months ago, my lpf would not drop below 70 even with boost at 30 psi.

I'm hoping that someone could chime in so that we can resolve this issue. Are the Walbro's starting to fail?
There is another issue somewhere from my understanding. I have tried 2 brand new pumps, a S2 made it even worse, and s1 (what I currently have) keeps the pressure at 65ish..with the oem pump, no assistance from aftermarket ones it's at 63psi. I leaning towards the mosfets that control the fuel module are going bad and need replacing. Also I've heard there is a new updated lpfs assembly that includes the hardline that connects to the hpfp.

2007 e90 335i
Hexon turbos
Trebila Custom tuning
(#52)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 03-21-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean
The EKP module generates heat and has its own built in heat sink plate. No fins though, just a thick aluminum plate. When we upgrade to pumps that draw more amps than stock, the EKP works harder and overheats. That is my guess at least and why I added a bigger heat sink to help the EKP run cooler.
Ocean, any chance of you posting a pic of the heatsink you added?

I had the same experience with my EKPS module, replaced with new, and want the new one to last.

2009 535i Sport - 548whp
Software :
JB4 G5 | MHD | Trebila Tune | XHP Stage 3
Hardware: VTT GC Lites | MFactory Helical LSD | Inlets | Outlet | VRSF 3" D-P's | VRSF 7" FMIC | Fuel-It! S2 LPFP | Fuel-It! TBI | BMS DCI | ER CP | Forge DV's | Koni FSD

(#53)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 03-21-2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo20032004
There is another issue somewhere from my understanding. I have tried 2 brand new pumps, a S2 made it even worse, and s1 (what I currently have) keeps the pressure at 65ish..with the oem pump, no assistance from aftermarket ones it's at 63psi. I leaning towards the mosfets that control the fuel module are going bad and need replacing. Also I've heard there is a new updated lpfs assembly that includes the hardline that connects to the hpfp.
We had a customer (Martijn) that had similar issues. They are now running our Stage 2 bucketless with good results.

Name:  032117_0936.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  45.3 KB

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#54)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-22-2017, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
We had a customer (Martijn) that had similar issues. They are now running our Stage 2 bucketless with good results.

Attachment 61095

Intresting. By any chance do you know if he is a member on here? I'd hate to order the pump and end up with same results and back to square one I go.

2007 e90 335i
Hexon turbos
Trebila Custom tuning
(#55)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 535i Sport
Send a message via Yahoo to Ocean
Default 03-22-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessIsMore
Ocean, any chance of you posting a pic of the heatsink you added?

I had the same experience with my EKPS module, replaced with new, and want the new one to last.
I am a bit busy with travels and what not. But basically I took an appx 7.5x3" rectangular piece of aluminum plate and mounted the heat sink on one end with metal screws. Then slid it under the EKP and tightened up the bolts so it fit like one unit. The bottom of the EKP is metal, so heat will travel to the heat sink. I put my hand on it after driving and it was almost cool to the touch. Seemed to do the trick.
I just shipped one heatsink to a guy in Long Island, have one left if you want it.

Sleeper 5 series
Performance: Pro tuned MHD, xHP Stage 3 TCU flash, DCI, AR kittens, ER FMIC & CP, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP w ported rail, RB turbos, RB inlets, KW V2, Mfactory LSD
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 digital preamp, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, CIC iDrive upgrade
(#56)
Old

Car: 2010 BMW 535i LCI
Default 04-12-2017, 07:56 AM

Hi all,
I am an owner of a 2010 BMW 535i which has been giving me some problems lately. The problem I have is that my fuel pump cuts out and my car shuts off. I get the error message on my dashboard display which says I should check the fuel pump. I proceeded by changing the fuel pump twice which didn't fix the problem, then I changed the module EKPS which I programmed and updated with the current firmware but it didn't change anythingand i replace HPFP ,Voltage Regolator abd relay on Terminal 30. I still have this problem to this day. The error code given to me all the time is
6292-EKPS: Control voltage to low,
6293-EKPS: Control Current to high.
If anyone has any suggestions or has a similar problem, please PM me.
Thank you
(#57)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2017, 08:10 AM

Did you install a new EKP?

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#58)
Old

Default 04-12-2017, 08:59 AM

yes 2 of them
i replays 2 OEM fuel pump and now i have Stage 2 LPFP it is still the same
(#59)
Old

Car: BMW 335I / VW 2.0T
Default 04-12-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by st3f40
yes 2 of them
i replays 2 OEM fuel pump and now i have Stage 2 LPFP it is still the same
That is not what Steve asked you! EKP and LPFP are different parts. EKP is a module behind the rear seat that controls the LPFP.
(#60)
Old

Default 04-12-2017, 01:07 PM

I replace 2 ekp modules
(#61)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2017, 10:29 PM

You replaced to stock LPFPs, a Stage 2 and and 2 EKP modules and all had the same issue? Did you code the new EKP? Have you inspected the wiring harness? Maybe you have a short?

(#62)
Old

Default 04-13-2017, 05:09 AM

Yes i code EKP , i check the harness
(#63)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2017, 08:39 PM

have you left the backseat out and checked to see how hot the EKP is getting?

(#64)
Old

Default 04-13-2017, 08:56 PM

It is pretty hot some time i am not able to reset. When Ekps modul shut off i measures 23 amps an very low voltage
(#65)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2017, 10:12 PM

That is really high and the EKP will not support that. You'll need to find out why you are pulling so many amps and the voltage is so low. At idle, PWM will be approximately 50% so voltage will measure approximately 7 volts, that is normal but you should not be pulling that kind of amperage.

(#66)
Old

Default 04-13-2017, 10:26 PM

I try to figure out for 2 week and i still dont have any results why is doing that.
(#67)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 04-14-2017, 05:30 PM

Could it be a problem on the ECU?

2008 E90 335xi AT 63K MILES
MHD CUSTOM 93 OCT 24 PSI, N20 TMAP, FUEL-IT STG 2 LPFP, cPE CHARGE PIPE, HELIX IC, FORGE DV BLUE SPRINGS, BMS DCI, BMS T-STAT DELETE, BMS OCC, RB PCV, KW-V1 COILOVERS, APEX ARC-8, 235/265 MICHELIN PSS, xHP STAGE 3, SCOOPS
PR IGNITION - COMING SOON!
(#68)
Old

Car: 2009 535i, E60
Default Steve, curious of coding software to code new EKP module? - 04-17-2017, 02:27 PM

Steve, curious of coding software to code new EKP module?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Did you install a new EKP?
(#69)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-18-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisct01
Steve, curious of coding software to code new EKP module?
Pretty sure you emailed us?

New modules must be coded.

(#70)
Old

Car: 335i, e92
Default 03-30-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo20032004
Intresting. By any chance do you know if he is a member on here? I'd hate to order the pump and end up with same results and back to square one I go.
Hi Mojo,
Did you resolve this problem?
I'm having similar issue with my car. I have stage 3 lpfp from fuel-it, installed about two years ago, and have very low LPF at idle, but running well at WOT. I changed lpf sensor, no changes at all. I changed also my oem ekp module (with a used ekpm 3), and now even worse because my lpf is at 30-40psi now (before it was at 40-50psi).
I checked voltage pump and it's showing from 6 to 7V at idle, which are ok. Wirings are ok (checked with continuity test with ohmimeter).
I'm thinking about a weak venturi line or probably pinched hose, did you check these?

Regards
(#71)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 03-30-2018, 05:21 PM

I’m wondering if there is an adaptation issue going on. Last summer my idle
Fuel pressures were creeping lower and lower to the low 50’s after playing around with a bunch of tunes. Pressures would however increase immediately to low 70’s below 4000 rpm during WOT. Didn’t drive the car much through the winter, maybe just 800 miles. The fuel pressures at idle now are around 72psi. Didn’t do a thing except drive the car a little here and there through the cold winter.

2008 E90 335xi AT 63K MILES
MHD CUSTOM 93 OCT 24 PSI, N20 TMAP, FUEL-IT STG 2 LPFP, cPE CHARGE PIPE, HELIX IC, FORGE DV BLUE SPRINGS, BMS DCI, BMS T-STAT DELETE, BMS OCC, RB PCV, KW-V1 COILOVERS, APEX ARC-8, 235/265 MICHELIN PSS, xHP STAGE 3, SCOOPS
PR IGNITION - COMING SOON!
(#72)
Old

Car: 335i, e92
Default 04-16-2018, 07:06 AM

UPDATE:

Issue detected, one of my walbros (PWM powered) is worn.

Log only with the walbro PWM powered:

Log with second walbro activated: