N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default Lexus IS 200 BMS Stage1 - 11-25-2015, 06:05 PM

This will be the primary thread for all Lexus Stage1 tuning!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 11-25-2015, 09:46 PM

Lean queen. Nice work

12' DCT 135i
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#3)
Old

Car: 2011 135i
Default 06-04-2016, 08:15 PM

I have a 16 Nx200t...Sign me up up testing!!! I will def use my truck as a mule. I don't care if it blows up! LOL And also as far as I know, we can put up to E20 in the tank. Says it on a label on the gas door

2011 135i Convert M Sport, DCT, JB3 S2, Meth, AR 4" **, AFE scoops, BMS N55 Air Intake, ER charge pipe. 12.41 @ 113.
(#4)
Old

Car: Lexus IS 200t f sport
Default 09-18-2016, 11:03 AM

Any news as to when this will be available?
(#5)
Old

Car: Lexus
Default 10-06-2016, 07:49 AM

Was looking at the dyno sheet and your post, Terry and you say the car pushes 8 psi stock. I am wondering why the Lexus documentation (including being confirmed by the factory boost gauge on the car) says:

"Target Boost Pressure – The intake air pressure that the ECM is trying to receive from the turbocharger system. This data list item is labeled in absolute PSI reading. Therefore the technicians will see a target boost of close to 15 PSI when the vehicle is at idle. This is a normal condition, because atmospheric pressure is close to 15 PSI absolute. During boost conditions under WOT, the target boost will reach approximately 30 PSI, which means the ECM is requesting the maximum boost pressure of 17.4 PSI from the turbocharger system.

You guys are the experts so maybe I'm interpreting your post wrong. Is 8 psi an average throughout all gears or?

Here is the Lexus manual: See page 28 of the PDF http://www.natef.org/NATEF/media/NAT...exus-Turbo.pdf

Just out of curiosity I'm following this closely and can't wait for you guys to see what you come up with.
(#6)
Old

Default 03-27-2017, 11:07 AM

is this tune nearing completion or already set in stone and just waiting for hardware stuff now?

2016 Lexus IS200t F-Sport
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-27-2017, 06:07 PM

I have the parts to make another 5 test units but just have not had the time to get to it. Hopefully later this week.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Default 03-28-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I have the parts to make another 5 test units but just have not had the time to get it it. Hopefully later this week.
Thanks. I bought one of your test units from someone. I receive it tomorrow.

(#9)
Old

Default 03-29-2017, 09:46 AM

Terry installed test unit on car last night. Don't feel any difference at all. confirmed map 1 is selected by connecting to PC. do i have to let the car adjust to it? granted i havent driven much. maybe less than 25 miles so far. just wondering if the box works instantly or requires adaptation or something along those lines. thanks! and hope it's ok to ask that question in this thread.

(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-29-2017, 02:48 PM

I don't know what you have exactly or how it was setup, so might be best to discuss with whoever you got it from. If you need addl help you'd have to email in.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 03-29-2017, 03:55 PM

Cool no prob. I'm just going to drive it around. I think i feel it getting stronger. It's a stage 1 box on a stock car.

(#12)
Old

Car: 2007 e92 335
Default 05-25-2017, 03:59 PM

Nice!
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2017, 09:08 AM

Finally managed to get a handful more connectors, will throw together 10 BETA systems next week.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-19-2017, 12:31 PM

Just picked up a rc200T for my wife and ready to pull the trigger.. Any new info, cost, availability?
(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2017, 02:40 PM

Was only able to put together three systems. Thought we got more of one of the connectors than we did. Anyway, they are $379 + $10 USA shipping. If you want one just paypal to orders@burgertuning.com and I'll update this post once the three we have right now are gone.

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Default 07-19-2017, 02:50 PM

Perfect and thanks. Could there be possibly a stage 2 down the road or is this pretty much the best its going to get power wise? Forgot to ask but is this a plug and play box like my jb4 for my bmw? Instructions to view?
(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2017, 03:05 PM

No plays for anything beyond Stage1 for the platform at this time, and of course the intake which we released last year.

Installation is similar to Q50 Stage1: http://burgertuning.com/instructions/Q50_Stage1.pdf

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Default 07-19-2017, 03:49 PM

Money Sent!!! Once received I will do a full review...
(#19)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2017, 04:44 PM

Thanks, we'll get it out tomorrow.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Default 07-19-2017, 07:29 PM

Forgot to ask but will this take care of the 30% throttle limitation??
(#21)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2017, 07:55 PM

What is the 30% throttle limitation?

Burger Motorsports

(#22)
Old

Default 07-19-2017, 08:35 PM

The major turbo lag under 4k rpm's. Some people say it's Toyota way of limiting the power down low. As others have mentioned the pedal/throttle delay. I find it hard to believe its turbo lag with such a small turbo. Thoughts?
(#23)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2017, 08:45 PM

I have not noticed it on our test car beyond the lack of displacement. I don't imagine the Stage1 will make any difference, but we can certainly look in to it!

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-09-2017, 09:14 AM

Got a batch of connectors in so we can throw some more harnesses together later this week. Not much feedback yet though from the 3 systems shipped out a couple weeks ago....

Burger Motorsports

(#25)
Old

Default 08-09-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I have not noticed it on our test car beyond the lack of displacement. I don't imagine the Stage1 will make any difference, but we can certainly look in to it!
Apparently a tuning company discovered through their data log that the throttle plate on the 200t is limited to 30% opening even when floored, up until 3k RPM when the ECU allows it to fully open.

The theory is this is to handicap the car so it doesn't step on the IS350's toes since that car only makes 306hp.