N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#451)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 08-12-2017, 12:22 AM

Hey Terry... been checking out this guy on YouTube with ecutek tune on his Q50 S.S, his car pulls like crazy, I really hope you guys will continue to improve this car. I think this car has so much potential if you focus on it.. all I/we can do is wait and hope to hear more good news in the future

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-Full exhaust
-Stillen Cold Air Intake
-BMS Stage 1
(#452)
Old

Car: Q60
Default 08-12-2017, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Would be interested to hear if any Red Sport have had a similar issue come up, as the mapping change might more profoundly change the Red Sport pedal to boost mapping points.
Terry, as mentioned before I have a similar issue on my Q60 RS but it's rare and hard to duplicate.
(#453)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60 SS
Default 08-12-2017, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs400newbie
Any mods on your car?
No mods on my car, just the stage 1 set at +5.8 psi.. 2017 Q60 SS 300hp. I will do a boost log and send it in for them to look at once I get some free time. Don't get me wrong the car pulls great during wot, but driving around town with the pedal pushed down about halfway around 3-4k I'll feel a very brief loss of power. Under normal acceleartion it feels fine.
(#454)
Old

Car: Q60
Default 08-12-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyQ60SS
No mods on my car, just the stage 1 set at +5.8 psi.. 2017 Q60 SS 300hp. I will do a boost log and send it in for them to look at once I get some free time. Don't get me wrong the car pulls great during wot, but driving around town with the pedal pushed down about halfway around 3-4k I'll feel a very brief loss of power. Under normal acceleartion it feels fine.
Same here, but mine doesn't do it all the time just randomly and I have an RS.
(#455)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60 SS
Default 08-12-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonviper
Same here, but mine doesn't do it all the time just randomly and I have an RS.
Yeah, as Terry had mentioned. I think it may have something to do with throttle position and boost settings from the factory. Let's see what they come up with.
(#456)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 08-12-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyQ60SS
Ah, so is that the issue a lot are seeing? Is that because it shifts too early that it takes a few secs to build boost? This is one of the issues I've been dealing with since installing the stillen intakes, so when I was driving around with the jb1, killer pull at around 3k rpm but a tad flat under that. I didn't think about it because I know the stillens are causing it. Hopefully the beta jb1 firmware can alleviate that.
(#457)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 SS
Default 08-14-2017, 07:45 AM

Can someone please chime in on this firmware update? I'd like to know what it specifically addresses and people's results is there are any? I too think because of the boost increase there could be the tendency to shift early. Not a big problem at all though as I'm throughly enjoying the product.
(#458)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport
Default 08-14-2017, 08:23 AM

I have been using the new "experimental" firmware update for almost a week and have not experienced the occasional "early shifting" issue since then. What Terry explained to me and if I properly understood him, all the firmware do is allowing to stablish a minimum psi setpoint when the "altered/Stage1" profile takes over.

Example:
setpoint of 4 psi = stock when boost is less than 4 psi, "altered/Stage1" when boost is greater than 4psi.

In our cars' stock boost profile, we already get 5 psi of boost at around 2500 rpm.

I am sure that Terry can elaborate more on this.

2016 Infiniti Q50 3.0t Silver Sport AWD
-BMS Stage1 @5.5 psi
-Nismo Sport Axle Back Exhaust
-Drop-in K&N intake filters
(#459)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-14-2017, 09:17 AM

Added firmware update to first post.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#460)
Old

Default 08-14-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Is this recommended for everyone to use?? What exactly does it do in layman's term? Lol

-Full exhaust
-Stillen Cold Air Intake
-BMS Stage 1
(#461)
Old

Default 08-14-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:

"Q50_STAGE1_2.hex"

Is this the same as Q50_STAGE1_1 that you sent me by email last week or do I need to update as well?

-BMS Stage1 @5.5 psi
(#462)
Old

Default 08-14-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
also, can you elaborate on the "less powerful performance" part? Thanks.

-BMS Stage1 @5.5 psi
(#463)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-14-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwarrior
"Q50_STAGE1_2.hex"

Is this the same as Q50_STAGE1_1 that you sent me by email last week or do I need to update as well?
Different firmware but fundamentally the same, no reason to update it again. For the public version we setup DWP to default to 30 on map3, and capped map3 boost over stock at 7.5psi.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#464)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-14-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
also, can you elaborate on the "less powerful performance" part? Thanks.
When looking at your Stage1 logs DME BT represents the boost over stock. As you lower DWP you will hit your "over stock" boost target more quickly in the power band which may feel abrupt. If you raise it you'll hit your "over stock" boost target further up the power band which may feel smoother. If you raise it too high you'll never hit your full "over stock" boost target. During development we found 30 to be the best compromise set point and thus it's the default. It is now adjustable on map3.

Burger Motorsports

(#465)
Old

Default 08-14-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
When looking at your Stage1 logs DME BT represents the boost over stock. As you lower DWP you will hit your "over stock" boost target more quickly in the power band which may feel abrupt. If you raise it you'll hit your "over stock" boost target further up the power band which may feel smoother. If you raise it too high you'll never hit your full "over stock" boost target. During development we found 30 to be the best compromise set point and thus it's the default. It is now adjustable on map3.
Excellent. I will lower mine from 45 to 30 to evaluate things. It definitely feels smooth at 45, so will compare with 30. Thanks.

-BMS Stage1 @5.5 psi
(#466)
Old

Car: Q50s
Default 08-14-2017, 12:15 PM

So I'm trying to hook up my wire to the computer it keeps saying jb4 failed: com1
(#467)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-14-2017, 12:27 PM

Check the drop down next to the com port on the settings page to see what port your computer has mapped it to.

Burger Motorsports

(#468)
Old

Default 08-14-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Check the drop down next to the com port on the settings page to see what port your computer has mapped it to.
When I try to connect a computer it gives me an error

It says map 0
And the drop menu says pick
It will not connect
(#469)
Old

Default 08-14-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
I just looked in the setting it says com port 1
So in that little drop menu I have to put 1?
(#470)
Old

Default 08-14-2017, 01:03 PM

I just tried it out and it still won't connect
(#471)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-14-2017, 01:30 PM

There is a how to connect video in the first post. Beyond that it's pretty simply stuff. Did you watch the video?

Burger Motorsports

(#472)
Old

Default Testing - 08-14-2017, 03:20 PM

Ok, I changed DWP to 30 (I had it at 45) and experienced the same issues I had before setting it at 45. I did plenty of runs and I noticed some occasional hesitation too when pushing the pedal all way down. I left it at 30 and dropped boost down to 4.5 psi, and got the same results. So I increased the DWP to 45 and blasted the car without any hiccups. I even increased boost to 6 psi and worked like a charm. So after some trial and error, in my car, looks like the best DWP value is 45.

I share this information so if any of you guys don't find 30 to solve your issues, don't get frustrated and simply try increasing the setting. I would have liked to try with 35 and 40 but it started to rain, so for now I will settle with the original 45 from last week. I don't feel it's losing any power, at least nothing that I can notice. Maybe 30 will work great for others.

-BMS Stage1 @5.5 psi
(#473)
Old

Default 08-14-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Ok, I changed DWP to 30 (I had it at 45) and experienced the same issues I had before setting it at 45. I did plenty of runs and I noticed some occasional hesitation too when pushing the pedal all way down. I left it at 30 and dropped boost down to 4.5 psi, and got the same results. So I increased the DWP to 45 and blasted the car without any hiccups. I even increased boost to 6 psi and worked like a charm. So after some trial and error, in my car, looks like the best DWP value is 45.

I share this information so if any of you guys don't find 30 to solve your issues, don't get frustrated and simply try increasing the setting. I would have liked to try with 35 and 40 but it started to rain, so for now I will settle with the original 45 from last week. I don't feel it's losing any power, at least nothing that I can notice. Maybe 30 will work great for others.
Can you explain what this 'DWP' is? Should I change it on my Q? Any pros or cons?

-Full exhaust
-Stillen Cold Air Intake
-BMS Stage 1
(#474)
Old

Default 08-14-2017, 06:42 PM

Sorry I'm a noob to all this.. lol

-Full exhaust
-Stillen Cold Air Intake
-BMS Stage 1
(#475)
Old

Default 08-14-2017, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
Can you explain what this 'DWP' is? Should I change it on my Q? Any pros or cons?
see first page of this post, under the dyno graphs (firmware updates). I suppose it is recommended for all users with Stage 1 with map3 profile.

-BMS Stage1 @5.5 psi