N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: 340i
Default 02-19-2017, 07:47 AM

Guys there is no need to flame anyone. This is a brand new platform and this is par for the course if you're going to be at the spearhead of modifying it. In my short experience, Terry has always been helpful in trying to sort things out...and frankly my main reason for going with BMS at this stage was the reputation of post sales support and flexibility; something you won't find with the competition.

I understand some are frustrated, but with clear and productive mindsets we will get a whole lot further.

-Claus
(#52)
Old

Car: BMW M140
Default 02-19-2017, 07:52 AM

Claus - You're totally right there, must admit the support that I've experienced from BMS so far is unreal, Terry must have so much going on but always finds time to email back even when I'm sure he's not at work, he's always up for getting issues fixed.

Most other places will sell you a tune or tuning box then once they've had your money, if you get any issues they just ignore you.

Terry and the other BMS lads will cure this issue I have no doubt, it just needs all us to work along side him sending logs and testing fixes.
(#53)
Old

Car: 340i
Default 02-19-2017, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty
Claus - You're totally right there, must admit the support that I've experienced from BMS so far is unreal, Terry must have so much going on but always finds time to email back even when I'm sure he's not at work, he's always up for getting issues fixed.

Most other places will sell you a tune or tuning box then once they've had your money, if you get any issues they just ignore you.

Terry and the other BMS lads will cure this issue I have no doubt, it just needs all us to work along side him sending logs and testing fixes.
100%
(#54)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-20-2017, 01:21 PM

Back to work on this. Keep the data flowing via email.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#55)
Old

Default 02-20-2017, 01:56 PM

Been looking at the map 3 logs i sent you and its closing the throttle alot, it seems the boost is quite high considering its meant to be the least aggresive map?

I've asked a few more guys i know with this issue to take logs ans send them in so hopeufully we get a fix soon!
(#56)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 08:45 PM

Throttle should be moving around a lot on a valvetronic, but if its closing enough to change the boost ratio (iavg vs. boost) then that might be an issue. Only fix for that would be less dutycycle which would require the EWG connector.

In any event keep the logs of whatever issues you have coming via email. Been pretty underwhelmed by the amount of logs so far.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#57)
Old

Default Yesterday, 11:24 PM

I have the EWG Connector on my car.

Come on lads get them logs in!