N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#301)
Old

Car: 12 c250 Coupe
Default 05-16-2018, 09:00 AM

Hi Terry, any updates/plans for JB4 in the works yet. Seems like demand for JB1 has even spread to our Facebook C43 Group which is now World Wide. I don't know what more we need to do to convince you guys that the JB4 would be hit for our platform. Please keep us in mind in the future.

2017 GLC43 SUV | JB1 | resonator delete | cosmetic stuff
Gone: 2013 C350 Sedan | Eurocharged Tune| resonator delete | Cosmetic stuff
Gone: 2012 C250 Coupe | Jb+ Beta Tune | BMS Intake | Custom Exhaust | Cosmetic stuff
(#302)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-16-2018, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DameDMV
Hi Terry, any updates/plans for JB4 in the works yet. Seems like demand for JB1 has even spread to our Facebook C43 Group which is now World Wide. I don't know what more we need to do to convince you guys that the JB4 would be hit for our platform. Please keep us in mind in the future.
We are working on it as we speak! I brought in a C63S AMG for him last week so he has started the Jb4 tuning. Stay tuned, he might be asking for people to beta test in a couple of weeks?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#303)
Old

Default 05-16-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
We are working on it as we speak! I brought in a C63S AMG for him last week so he has started the Jb4 tuning. Stay tuned, he might be asking for people to beta test in a couple of weeks?
Payam - you guys just made my day and probably half of the 43 community day. You will have c43s, c450, GLC43s and others very interested. Sign me up as a beta tester when you get to that stage. I am currently running your JB1 on a custom Map6 on my GLC43. Thanks again BMS!

Gone: 2012 C250 Coupe | Jb+ Beta Tune | BMS Intake | Custom Exhaust | Cosmetic stuff
(#304)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-16-2018, 09:47 AM

Making good progress on a JB4 for the C series. Will need a local car at some point in the next week or two for addl testing.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#305)
Old

Default 05-16-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Making good progress on a JB4 for the C series. Will need a local car at some point in the next week or two for addl testing.
That's great news Terry! I will put the word out. Thanks again!!

(#306)
Old

Car: 2018 AMG C43
Default 05-16-2018, 12:00 PM

Interested to know what is local?
(#307)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-16-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agchenry
Interested to know what is local?
Southern California, we are located in Simi Valley 93065

Burger Motorsports

(#308)
Old

Car: C400
Default Very exciting News!!! - 05-17-2018, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
I was already looking for a way to get my hands on a JB1. This news about a JB4 has me really excited! I would also be interested in my car being part of the development. How long would you need the car for? Or how do we go about getting more details?

Alex
(#309)
Old

Car: C450 AMG
Default 05-17-2018, 07:33 AM

Just got my JB1 last night! Put on my AWE track exhaust last weekend! So excited!
(#310)
Old

Car: C43 amg
Default 05-17-2018, 07:57 AM

can jb1 or jb4 make more pop/crackles at overrun?
(#311)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-17-2018, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald4545
can jb1 or jb4 make more pop/crackles at overrun?
No that isn't something we can do safely via a piggyback.

Burger Motorsports

(#312)
Old

Default Word is spreading fast about the JB4! - 05-17-2018, 09:39 AM

Terry just wanted to say thanks again. We mentioned JB4 on the forums and FB and there are a lot of interested people. JB1 has finally become popular with the 43 community with the help of some very knowledgeable members and now with the JB4 in the works, it's going to be awesome.

Will we be able to use steering wheel controls like you have done with the BMWs to switch maps? Also, would the JB4 for the C43 work with down-*****? Will it be able to turn off the CEL and could we adjust settings to get max potential out of the down-*****?

(#313)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-17-2018, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DameDMV
Terry just wanted to say thanks again. We mentioned JB4 on the forums and FB and there are a lot of interested people. JB1 has finally become popular with the 43 community with the help of some very knowledgeable members and now with the JB4 in the works, it's going to be awesome.

Will we be able to use steering wheel controls like you have done with the BMWs to switch maps? Also, would the JB4 for the C43 work with down-*****? Will it be able to turn off the CEL and could we adjust settings to get max potential out of the down-*****?
I don't think maps will be able to change via steering wheel yet, it's all speculation for now though. It will need a lot more on the development side before anything will be release.

Burger Motorsports

(#314)
Old

Default 05-19-2018, 04:07 PM

Quick Question. I just installed my JB1 and wow what a big difference, Im impressed!

My box didnt come with a detachable harness. If I buy the USB cable how would I connect it to the JB1 unit?
(#315)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-19-2018, 06:21 PM

You open the enclosure to attach it to the control board.

Burger Motorsports

(#316)
Old

Default 05-19-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
You open the enclosure to attach it to the control board.
Oh ok, how do you do that? Just pry it open?
(#317)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-19-2018, 07:12 PM

Yes

Burger Motorsports

(#318)
Old

Car: 2012 135i M-sport package
Default 05-20-2018, 04:13 PM

Very excited about the JB4 development. I know it's still early, but any idea on an ETA? I will be ready to buy right away. Are you going to do a pre-sale, group-buy, or BETA?
(#319)
Old

Car: MERCEDES C400
Default 05-21-2018, 09:03 AM

I just picked up a jb1 for my c400 i recently purchased. Coming from my previous car which was a bolt on and pulley CTS V. The power level clearly isn't the same so I want to make sure im getting the most gain out of my jb1.

I run 93 fuel and living in Houston there is plenty of gas stations that have E85. So map 2 with 93 should yield me good results and adding a couple of gallons of E85 should be even better correct?

I assume Map 6 with some logging and adjustments would be my overall best result if i was to get around to it?

Hope this is the right place to ask this question.
(#320)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-21-2018, 09:12 AM

In most cases we suggest map2, even with some E85 mixed in!

Burger Motorsports

(#321)
Old

Car: MERCEDES C400
Default 05-21-2018, 09:45 AM

Thanks for the quick response.

Going to order the data cable today!
(#322)
Old

Car: C43 AMG
Default 05-22-2018, 07:13 AM

How do we contact someone at support? I have an issue , but I dont want it discussed on the forum
(#323)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-22-2018, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus0076
How do we contact someone at support? I have an issue , but I dont want it discussed on the forum
Email me, Payam@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#324)
Old

Car: C43 Coupe
Default 05-22-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Hi Terry, I am located in the southern California area and would most likely be interested in offering my c43 coupe for testing. If interested, please email me.
Thank you,
Bobstart08@gmail.com
(#325)
Old

Car: GLC43 Coupe
Default 05-23-2018, 11:09 PM

https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/d...32618_comp.pdf

So I just got the JB4 Bluetooth Module. Am I supposed to cut 1 of the red wires in order to splice it? Which wire do I cut?

Or Am I supposed to pull 1 of the red Wires out of its socket to attach it to the blue wire? Which means 1 of the pins will read empty?