N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#3551)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 07-25-2018, 06:52 AM

I instal the EWG add on connector and i dont know what value put at « défaut wastegate postition » , 80 or 0 ? Thx
(#3552)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-25-2018, 08:11 AM

It's not used for EWG, 0 is fine.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3553)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 07-26-2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It's not used for EWG, 0 is fine.
Thx terry . I need new DSUB pin because I put the blue wire on the 14 and no in the 16..

This DSUB pin its good for the EWG add on connector ? https://fr.rs-online.com/mobile/p/co...sub-d/0481140/

Thx
(#3554)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-26-2018, 08:34 AM

Looks OK to me

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3555)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW 535i x drive
Default 07-29-2018, 01:29 PM

I was wondering if anyone knows the sequence to get into the in dash steering wheel menu to change maps and read codes. I am still waiting on my bluetooth but finally got the JB4 installed this morning. I believe I am running map 1 but could possibly be placebo. I have tried the BC and volume down for 2-5 secs with no response. I have tried researching and can not find enough information on the 2015 F10 N55 535xi model. I have emailed Mike and he told me that I could access the dash menu without first laptop hookup.
(#3556)
Old

Car: 2015 M235i 6MT
Default 07-29-2018, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstaar007
I was wondering if anyone knows the sequence to get into the in dash steering wheel menu to change maps and read codes. I am still waiting on my bluetooth but finally got the JB4 installed this morning. I believe I am running map 1 but could possibly be placebo. I have tried the BC and volume down for 2-5 secs with no response. I have tried researching and can not find enough information on the 2015 F10 N55 535xi model. I have emailed Mike and he told me that I could access the dash menu without first laptop hookup.

It's on the first page. Here's a direct link to a video:
https://youtu.be/6iLqHa2YFUM
(#3557)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 08-01-2018, 05:57 AM

Did the JB4 software download link get removed from the first post? I cant find it

Also, it should be noted in the map directions break down, that map 2 on a PWG car is a absolute map of 14psi not a additive map.

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG

Last edited by 5soko; 08-02-2018 at 05:01 AM..
(#3558)
Old
M-Terkait

Car: F30 335i
Default 08-01-2018, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko
Did the JB4 software download link get removed from the first post? I cant find it

Also, i should be noted i the map directions break down, that map 2 on a PWG car is a absolute map if 14psi not a additive.
http://www.n54tech.com/flash_files/jb4_interface.zip

N55 - Doc race 6266.
(#3559)
Old

Car: F30
Default question about EWG add on connector - 08-01-2018, 06:06 PM

I run JB4 with BMS race backend map flashed and would like to add the EWG add on connector because I will order the BMS meth kit soon. For now my car has been responding extremely well to an E25 to E30 mix with 93 of fuel. I keep reading posts on here where i need a flex fuel add on as well, but I can not find it for sale anywhere. I am wondering if having a backend flash eliminates the need for the flex fuel add on.
(#3560)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-01-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watercooled
I run JB4 with BMS race backend map flashed and would like to add the EWG add on connector because I will order the BMS meth kit soon. For now my car has been responding extremely well to an E25 to E30 mix with 93 of fuel. I keep reading posts on here where i need a flex fuel add on as well, but I can not find it for sale anywhere. I am wondering if having a backend flash eliminates the need for the flex fuel add on.
Once you get the meth kit on you really shouldn't need it.

Burger Motorsports

(#3561)
Old

Car: 2011 335i Xdrive
Default 08-02-2018, 11:36 AM

I'm not able to get a meth kit just yet. Had an e90 which had the additional ff wires. Just purchased a jb4 for my f32. Are there ff wires to run e85 that is separate or is it already integrated into the program. The seller told me that I didn't need additional wiring as its already set up to use 385.

Thanks in advance
(#3562)
Old

Default 08-07-2018, 02:26 PM

should we set DutyBias all 50 the latest EWG firmware?
(#3563)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-08-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135idct
should we set DutyBias all 50 the latest EWG firmware?
Yes.

Burger Motorsports

(#3564)
Old

Default 08-08-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Yes.
the latest firmware EWG and latest BEF if i set all DutyBias 50 i see drivetrain on screen. if i set all zero it's ok, and the boost is Absolute on map1 and other maps.

maybe terry change things on the new Firmware & BEF
(#3565)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-08-2018, 09:36 AM

Value of 50 is the default. If you have an issue and need tuning help make a thread in the support forum with a log, the code details, and all mods.

Burger Motorsports

(#3566)
Old

Default 08-08-2018, 02:58 PM

check the logs pushing ~19psi on pump93 + 100% water injection, no meth

N55 EWG, Race BEF, Stock Turbo

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-08-09 00_24_49.csv (8.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: csv 2018-08-09 00_25_05.csv (7.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: csv 2018-08-09 00_27_00.csv (8.1 KB, 6 views)
(#3567)
Old

Car: BMW M235i
Default 08-09-2018, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Value of 50 is the default. If you have an issue and need tuning help make a thread in the support forum with a log, the code details, and all mods.
Just to confirm, we need to set ALL duty bias (from 1500 to 7000rpm) to 50 even in firmware ewg 15? Thanks.

2014 BMW M235i auto. JB4 & EWG connector + BEF (BMS EWG Race 10 map), 98 RON pump fuel (93 oct), intake, ER CP, Forge BOV, Wagner Evo II competition intercooler, ER ******* **, eisenmann exhaust, quaife LSD.
(#3568)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-09-2018, 06:23 AM

Pretty sure the answer to this is yes, I think Terry changed the logic in the newer firmwares. If you update past ewg14 without changing the duty bias, you will be under target boost.
(#3569)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-09-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay-os
Just to confirm, we need to set ALL duty bias (from 1500 to 7000rpm) to 50 even in firmware ewg 15? Thanks.
Yessir!

Burger Motorsports

(#3570)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-09-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135idct
check the logs pushing ~19psi on pump93 + 100% water injection, no meth

N55 EWG, Race BEF, Stock Turbo

Looks pretty strong to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3571)
Old

Car: BMW M235i
Default 08-09-2018, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Yessir!
Thanks for the confirmation. Perhaps instructions on the first page can be a bit more clear? Like repeating ‘set all duty bias to 50’ under ewg 15 notes and updating the ‘f series default n55 setting’ pic? This may reduce confusion IMO. Cheers.

2014 BMW M235i auto. JB4 & EWG connector + BEF (BMS EWG Race 10 map), 98 RON pump fuel (93 oct), intake, ER CP, Forge BOV, Wagner Evo II competition intercooler, ER ******* **, eisenmann exhaust, quaife LSD.
(#3572)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-09-2018, 07:31 PM

I like reducing confusion! Will check out the first post to ensure it's clear.

Burger Motorsports

(#3573)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 08-10-2018, 04:50 AM

Quote:

Also, it should be noted in the map directions break down, that map 2 on a PWG car is a absolute map of 14psi not a additive map.
bump

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#3574)
Old

Car: 09 E92 SG
Default 08-13-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
bump
Yea, I don't see it either.

----------------------------------------------------
14 F30 335xi AT- SpeedTech Stage 3 w/ BW-8374, JB4 w/MHD Flash, E85, AFE Intake, VRSF 6" Race FMIC, VRSF 4" pipe, VRSF CP, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP and PI
----------------------------------------------------
09 e92 335xi AT - FBO, RB's, Flash only
11.7 @ 125mph
11.6 @ 116mph (misfire)
(#3575)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW X6 35i
Default 08-14-2018, 10:51 PM

Cant figure out how to use the bluetooth app to control the exhaust flap or is it only controllable via the dash

Project Succubus - 2015 Estoril Blue M235i F23
Sponsors: SoloWerks, Extreme PowerHouse, and AEM Intake Systems