N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#226)
Old

Car: Q50
Default Yesterday, 02:15 PM

I just receive my stage1, very fast shipping . Installation in 5 minutes, more to come... I'm from Montréal and I use 94 petro canada
(#227)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 02:19 PM

Why are there so many Q50s in Canada? lol

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#228)
Old

Default Yesterday, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I got the car for almost 1 year and I never saw another red sport lol, maybe 2-3 silver sport
(#229)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default Yesterday, 02:37 PM

Quote:
I thought the same thing the other day driving down the street.

Alot of Canadians like Japanese cars for their reliability I suppose, i mean I see them a lot more than domestic or European cars. Also it probably benefits that when you think of BMW you want RWD and with japanese cars you mainly get AWD or FWD, and that helps with snow.

Lol I should pick up a red sport for a DD, I mean they look gorgeous and seem to be quite luxurious and its AWD which helps since all my current cars are RWD.

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now

2016 Porsche 911 (991) GT3 RS: white, PDK, carbon ceramic brakes, Fully loaded
Mods: Fabspeed race headers, competition exhaust, High flow fiters, Ecu flash race gas and pump tune, roll cage, schroth harness, clear bra.

2017 Audi R8 V10 plus- dynamite red, fully loaded
Mods: Currently stock (hopefully a super charger and full exhaust soon)
(#230)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q50RS400 AWD
Default Yesterday, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Haven't really noticed - in fact - where I live, I think I'm the only Q50RS400 owner in town (mind you I live in a ski town north of Vancouver that doesn't have a huge population of full-timers, but does get 100,000 people into the area on holiday weekends and the like).

My guess? Snow/winter conditions and AWD with a lot of performance sprinkled in for good measure, all at a palatable pricepoint. Period. That's what had me swap over from being a former Audi owner (3 of them at that!!).

2017 RS400 & Stillen CAI/CBE
Canadian dude, eh...
(#231)
Old

Default Yesterday, 04:45 PM

Hi Terry

Any update on running 4 PSI on the red sport?
(#232)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q50RS400 AWD
Default Yesterday, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRQ50
Hi Terry

Any update on running 4 PSI on the red sport?
Personally I've yet to go there, the 4psi range... Not into E85 and octane boosting and experimenting. Don't wanna jam my engine; it's running incredibly *INCREDIBLY* fast. So no urge yet. Sure, sure, the inevitable will get the better of me soon enough, but I'm not going to boost to 4psi till I've run all my diagnostics via the BD-OBD2 scanner to make sure thermals, spool RPM, pressure, gas off, AFR, timing, etc. are well within the "safe" parameters as is now with the stock 3psi boost on tap.

Why mess with a good thing?? I'm around 4seconds 0-60mph (AWD) and the roll-on WOT is almost fiercely potent to the point of white-knuckle. So, I'm not too eager just yet

2017 RS400 & Stillen CAI/CBE
Canadian dude, eh...
(#233)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default Yesterday, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brecker
Can someone hopefully explain this??

Why is the RedSport constantly seeing higher torque in the lower RPM's vs the SilverSport (stock or Stage 1)?

I notice all the RS dynos have a huge TQ increase at about 2500 rpm's and stays flat vs the SS seems to build up slower and peeks later.

Does this difference disappear if doing an ECU (ECUTEK) tune? Personally I think it may be safer with the gradual curve?
This might not be an exact answer to your question but should be relevant.

I'm no math nor car expert but let me try in a bit of layman's terms (math buffs out there, please keep me honest). Assumption is that everything is the same from driver to boost, to tires, to dyno settings (if so inclined to measure it).

RS has a final drive ratio of 3.137
Sport has a final drive ratio of 2.937
RS and Sport gear ratio from 1st thru 7th gear are the same.

The fd ratio difference is 0.2. I know some people would argue that it's way too small to be significant. Well it might be but not that small to be unnoticed. And it's across all gears. And can be mathematically equate to an approximate torque value. A simple math and bit of a guesstimate would yield a difference between 5-7% torque. For a 400 ft-lbs of torque, that difference would be ~25-ish. Whether that is big or negligible depends on you.

To put into perspective, the overall gear ratio of an RS @ 6th gear sits between 5th and 6th gear on the Sport. We all know that when the effective gear ratio is reduced, the engine effective performance is also reduced. Just like putting bigger tires which would effectively reduce the overall gear ratio.

But then again, i would love to see someone keep me honest -- mathematically
(#234)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2015 335i GT MPPK+
Default Yesterday, 10:17 PM

Gear ratios are taken into account on the Dyno. They won't affect the power curve.

Mike Levy
2015 335i xDrive Gran Turismo
(#235)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default Yesterday, 10:35 PM

does that mean the dyno would be smart enough to show consistent result no matter which gear i'm on?
(#236)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2015 335i GT MPPK+
Default Today, 07:57 AM

The curve should be the same, the numbers won't be.

Mike Levy
2015 335i xDrive Gran Turismo