It's not a CA issue its a USA issue.
Sure doesn't seem that way in NY.

Mike Levy
2015 335i xDrive Gran Turismo
(#102)
Old

Car: 440i F32
Default 07-12-2017, 11:13 AM

Very very dissapointing. Can we at least have it outside the us? Waited for this for months and now this

F32 440i JB4
F11 550i N63tu JB4 Stage 1
(#103)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-12-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
Sure doesn't seem that way in NY.
You are completely wrong, but little reason to get in to it on the forum. If you have any additional questions on the change feel free to email.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#104)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-12-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m123
Very very dissapointing. Can we at least have it outside the us? Waited for this for months and now this
The n63tu hardware is identical to the s63tu hardware. At some point we will add the n63tu firmware to the first post but leave it as an officially unsupported platform. So if you want to run one you can but with the understanding you're going to have a CEL on within the USA with the MAF sensors unplugged, and outside the USA can use passive delete to reset that CEL every startup.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#105)
Old

Car: 2010 535
Default 07-12-2017, 05:07 PM

When is the intake going to be released for sale?

2012 550i M sport - JB stage 1
(#106)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-12-2017, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535_BiTurbo
When is the intake going to be released for sale?
It's under development. We don't have a timeframe yet for it.

Burger Motorsports

(#107)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-16-2017, 09:12 AM

Customer sent in this useful photo from installing his BCM. It uses the same BCM as the M5/M6 and you also have to remove the passenger side intercooler to access the connectors.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#108)
Old

Default 07-17-2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The n63tu hardware is identical to the s63tu hardware. At some point we will add the n63tu firmware to the first post but leave it as an officially unsupported platform. So if you want to run one you can but with the understanding you're going to have a CEL on within the USA with the MAF sensors unplugged, and outside the USA can use passive delete to reset that CEL every startup.

Ok, Hope to get this possibility soon.

F32 440i JB4
(#109)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2017, 12:22 PM

Firmware is in the first post. We'll slowly add extra documentation to the first post as needed.

Burger Motorsports

(#110)
Old

Car: 550i
Default 07-17-2017, 02:35 PM

Thanks for the update. Is there a reason passive delete can't be used within the USA?
(#111)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2017, 02:41 PM

Emissions compliance.

Burger Motorsports

(#112)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2015 335i GT MPPK+
Default 07-17-2017, 03:09 PM

Why is this able to work with the S63TU without throwing codes but not the N63TU? Is it not possible to keep the MAFs enabled somehow?

I though it may have been because the S63TU didn't have MAFs, but I checked and it does

Mike Levy
(#113)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2017, 03:54 PM

It's just a difference with the n63tu DME programming.

Burger Motorsports

(#114)
Old

Default 07-18-2017, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Firmware is in the first post. We'll slowly add extra documentation to the first post as needed.
Ok, Just to get this right:
I oder the S63Tu JB4 with BCM and use the firmware from the first post.
I can drive it in map 1 without unplugged MAF but will have less power, or I drive it in map 2 and will have a CEL.
To add the BCM I will need to cut wires.

F32 440i JB4
(#115)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2015 335i GT MPPK+
Default 07-18-2017, 02:00 PM

I was under the impression that all the MAPs ran MAF free and threw codes. The Stage 1 doesn't.

Mike Levy
(#116)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-18-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m123
Ok, Just to get this right:
I oder the S63Tu JB4 with BCM and use the firmware from the first post.
I can drive it in map 1 without unplugged MAF but will have less power, or I drive it in map 2 and will have a CEL.
To add the BCM I will need to cut wires.
If you leave the MAF connected with the n63tu JB4 you'll have stock like power. Sounds like a waste of time to me.

Burger Motorsports

(#117)
Old

Default 07-19-2017, 02:23 AM

Quote:
If you leave the MAF connected with the n63tu JB4 you'll have stock like power. Sounds like a waste of time to me.
Ok, no problem, MAF will be unplugged.
What about the wire cutting needed only for BCM or always?

F32 440i JB4
(#118)
Old

Car: 550i
Default 07-19-2017, 08:50 PM

Thinking about going the BCM route. If I spend the time to hook it up initially, is there a way to make a simple uninstall for maintenance dealer work? (like tie up the wires not connected for example)
(#119)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2017, 08:56 PM

You could tuck it out of the way but anyone looking carefully would be able to find the wiring.

Burger Motorsports