N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#2051)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 Redsport AWD Sedan
Default 01-16-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Probably weather based. Load up the firmware latest and try the DWP = 40 setting.
Too cold? My JB1 arrives today but with temps between 0-25* outside I'm wondering if I should even install it yet given I won't really be able to "enjoy" it as much as when the ground isn't a block of salt and ice.

Thoughts?

Also, will the "SNOW" mode still work as stock with the JB1 installed? I find it's great for winter weather especially around town when roads are horrible.
(#2052)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-16-2018, 01:36 PM

If we're talking reasonable boost levels that's one thing. Trying to run 7-8psi over stock, I'd save that for when it warms up a bit.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2053)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t Luxe AWD
Default 01-16-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
On tip in it's going to take a second or 2 for AFR reading at the sensor to catch up, plus the ECU runs a lean spool mode to get in to boost faster, so looks pretty normal to me here on tip in. Timing is holding steady.

You could try lowering boost by speed a bit. Ensure you have the latest firmware and interface, as I don't see MPH in the log.
Thanks, Terry.

Whatís the newest JB4 firmware revision? I just got the JB4 3 weeks ago.
(#2054)
Old

Car: Q50 Red Sport
Default 01-16-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awgd8
Thanks, Terry.

Whatís the newest JB4 firmware revision? I just got the JB4 3 weeks ago.
Check in the second post in this thread.
(#2055)
Old

Default 01-16-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqgp
Too cold? My JB1 arrives today but with temps between 0-25* outside I'm wondering if I should even install it yet given I won't really be able to "enjoy" it as much as when the ground isn't a block of salt and ice.

Thoughts?

Also, will the "SNOW" mode still work as stock with the JB1 installed? I find it's great for winter weather especially around town when roads are horrible.
I had my most aggressive map (Map 6) on a 3+!inches of snow this AM.
I just left it on map 6 and easy on the throttle (not making 1+ PSI)
Itís like driving on Map 0.

The funny thing is, once you are on snow mode and you had the logging set at 50-60% throttle, youíll start datalogging at 10mph.... :
(#2056)
Old

Default 01-16-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSORS400
Check in the second post in this thread.
Thanks, man! I didnít realize I was using an old JB4 firmware.
(#2057)
Old

Default Yesterday, 04:30 AM

I upgraded to JB4 1.5 and I still don’t see MPH on my data log?
(#2058)
Old

Car: 2018 q50 red sport
Default Yesterday, 04:31 AM

does anyone know if this is true ? makes awd into rwd

https://youtu.be/HR-adifqt2M
(#2059)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default Yesterday, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphie1313
does anyone know if this is true ? makes awd into rwd

https://youtu.be/HR-adifqt2M
i think it is, someone told me about also on a 2014 or15 Q, but you will have christmas lights on your dashboard, only thing i don't know is if it's safe on the car itself

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-Catback + d0wnp1pes
-Stillen Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)
(#2060)
Old

Car: q60
Default Yesterday, 11:13 AM

Quote:
I upgraded to JB4 1.5 and I still donít see MPH on my data log?
Hey this same thing happened to me. And then they came out with an android app update (and apparently the ios is a bit behind it) and once i installed it, it started showing up.

I also suspect that if you deleted the app and re-installed it, it might start logging for you.
(#2061)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default Yesterday, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattds
Hey this same thing happened to me. And then they came out with an android app update (and apparently the ios is a bit behind it) and once i installed it, it started showing up.

I also suspect that if you deleted the app and re-installed it, it might start logging for you.
To the best of my knowledge the latest iOS JB4 Mobile build is v2.3 which is over 6mth old and does not have MPH in logging.
(#2062)
Old

Default Yesterday, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
To the best of my knowledge the latest iOS JB4 Mobile build is v2.3 which is over 6mth old and does not have MPH in logging.
I have version A208 for android updated jan 1 2018. def shows speed (MPH)
(#2063)
Old

Car: 2018 q50 red sport
Default Yesterday, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
i think it is, someone told me about also on a 2014 or15 Q, but you will have christmas lights on your dashboard, only thing i don't know is if it's safe on the car itself
guess there is one way to find out!!
(#2064)
Old

Default Yesterday, 03:23 PM

I've done this on a few other cars. some of them cut the power.

However from my off roading experience if a transfer case isn't meant to be driven in 2wd then doing this could be starving some components from being oiled. Tho i don't know enough about these cars to know if that would happen.

certainly for a quick burnout it would be fun!
(#2065)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50RS

Just wanted to give you RS guys some more info if youíre curious as to what you can run.

So far Iím completely stock and this is the most Iíve been able to push it without the AFR and timing getting out of wack.

25% E85 + 75% 93 (93 has 10% E so maybe a total of 35% E85??)

+6 psi seems to be the limit on a stock car with E. My outside temps are 75F with IAT being around 88F. Iíll post the logs later when I get home but Iím looking at about 19-20 psi with timing staying at around 5-5.5 trough the rpm range. I did a 5th gear pull from 2500-6000 and everything seemed perfect.

Pulls like a raped ape!!
(#2066)
Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattds
I have version A208 for android updated jan 1 2018. def shows speed (MPH)
Yeah, the IOS is behind. Thereís no update yet. I have the current one.
(#2067)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T AWD
Default Yesterday, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Yeah, the IOS is behind. Thereís no update yet. I have the current one.
It shows up on the android app, however not sure how accurate it is... It logged me at 160 mph.
(#2068)
Old

Car: 2016 RS400 AWD
Default Yesterday, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dprada01
Just wanted to give you RS guys some more info if you’re curious as to what you can run.

So far I’m completely stock and this is the most I’ve been able to push it without the AFR and timing getting out of wack.

+6 psi seems to be the limit on a stock car with E. My outside temps are 75F with IAT being around 88F. I’ll post the logs later when I get home but I’m looking at about 19-20 psi with timing staying at around 5-5.5 trough the rpm range. I did a 5th gear pull from 2500-6000 and everything seemed perfect.
Burger Motorsports dyno in post #80 showed 404 hp and 486 tq in a hot dyno room with +6 psi E30. But you might be the first that has tried it on the street on a stock RS. I am at +4.7 with my stock RS AWD on straight 93. Have you tested the E85 you are using to see the actual percentage? My main worry about trying E85 is in how much people say it varies between stations and summer and winter seasons.
http://www.wallaceracing.com/ethanol-mix-calc.php
The ethanol calculator shows it would be E29 with your mix.

Last edited by Infiniti Addict; Yesterday at 06:20 PM..
(#2069)
Old

Default Yesterday, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Just wanted to give you RS guys some more info if you’re curious as to what you can run.

So far I’m completely stock and this is the most I’ve been able to push it without the AFR and timing getting out of wack.

+6 psi seems to be the limit on a stock car with E. My outside temps are 75F with IAT being around 88F. I’ll post the logs later when I get home but I’m looking at about 19-20 psi with timing staying at around 5-5.5 trough the rpm range. I did a 5th gear pull from 2500-6000 and everything seemed perfect.

Pulls like a raped ape!!
Could you please attach your csv data log? I’m curious how stock RS build boost
on the JB4.

I have a Luxe AWD on Map 6 and I don’t consistently hit 16 PSi even on E25/93 fuel mixed.
I get 18 psi when I let go of the throttle so that one I don’t count.

Is it possible to hit 18 psi for the RS on stock exhaust?

BTW, there’s no more snow on the street here, but a bit wet. The lowend torque on JB4 Map 6 (6/6.5/7/7/7/7/7/7/7/7/6.5/3.5)
feels like my AWD is a RWD, and I’m not even hitting 14 PSI down low. I could not imagine having a d o w n p i p e! Me want one!

I forgot to mention, my luxe seems to like Shell V-power Nitro 93 (full 93 no ethanol) with E25 mix from Qwiktrip.

Last edited by Awgd8; Yesterday at 07:31 PM..
(#2070)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50RS
Default Yesterday, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Could you please attach your csv data log? Iím curious how stock RS build boost
on the JB4.

I have a Luxe AWD on Map 6 and I donít consistently hit 16 PSi even on E25/93 fuel mixed.
I get 18 psi when I let go of the throttle so that one I donít count.

Is it possible to hit 18 psi for the RS on stock exhaust?

BTW, thereís no more snow on the street here, but a bit wet. The lowend torque on JB4 Map 6 (6/6.5/7/7/7/7/7/7/7/7/6.5/3.5)
feels like my AWD is a RWD, and Iím not even hitting 14 PSI down low. I could not imagine having a d o w n p i p e! Me want one!

I forgot to mention, my luxe seems to like Shell V-power Nitro 93 (full 93 no ethanol) with E25 mix from Qwiktrip.
So in 1st and 2nd gear I have really inconsistent boost levels. From 10-15 psi sometimes. I figure itís probably the traction control cause you canít fully turn it off. Also maybe itís in my head but I noticed if you turn OFF that stupid brake assist function in the personal settings (where you pick sport steering, sport suspension etc) it doesnít interfere as much when you lose traction.

But 3rd up I usually get consistent boost levels.

Hereís a pull I did a little earlier in 5th gear. I didnít take it to redline cause I was running out of road. Mph creeps up fast on me now haha
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-01-17 17_05_36.csv (9.2 KB, 7 views)
(#2071)
Old

Default Yesterday, 08:08 PM

Hereís a pull I did a little earlier in 5th gear. I didnít take it to redline cause I was running out of road. Mph creeps up fast on me now haha[/QUOTE]

I'm in a RS and i 'sometimes' get the inconsistent boost - it's coming from the ECU...my guess is that it's due to the rapid rise in rpm's...i presume the ECU is trying to manage things to the best of it's ability. I notice this more when it's been VERY cold... it was around -20C for a while and boost was all funky. now at closer to -0C it's more consistent.

Also i don't see why you can't get more than 18psi with a stock exhaust...but the heat build up might not be good...
(#2072)
Old

Default Yesterday, 08:30 PM

Quote:
So in 1st and 2nd gear I have really inconsistent boost levels. From 10-15 psi sometimes. I figure it’s probably the traction control cause you can’t fully turn it off. Also maybe it’s in my head but I noticed if you turn OFF that stupid brake assist function in the personal settings (where you pick sport steering, sport suspension etc) it doesn’t interfere as much when you lose traction.

Here’s a pull I did a little earlier in 5th gear. I didn’t take it to redline cause I was running out of road. Mph creeps up fast on me now haha
Wow! There’s no comparison on the boost build up vs my Luxe. Amazing
how high the RS consistently going above 15+ psi on JB4.

What’s the temp outside when you logged this run? I assume it’s a warm weather, since you’re hitting a nice AFR on WOT! I don’t get that when It’s cold and air is denser... Denser air plus E85 makes my AFR lean out on WOT! (13-13.5)

I noticed when it’s hot outside my boost is higher. (But I only had a couple of days when we hit 37-40F here, but mostly in the teens.)

Yes, on 3rd gear seems to have a nice boost buildup on my Luxe too.

I think maybe we save the E85 mixture for summer weather. I feel like when it’s in the teens, the ECU is lethargic to request higher base boost. (PSI)

Last edited by Awgd8; Yesterday at 09:01 PM..