N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#101)
Old

Car: Bmw 135i n55
Default 08-25-2017, 12:58 PM

I assume i have a boost leak,but iv checked and replaced most things,fitted new oem diverter,replaced old dv+ with new gfb dv+,replaced boost pipe from turbo to intercooler with aluminuim one.fitted stock cooler back.checked cp clamps..only things i havent done was actual chargepipe inspection and the intake and throttle body gaskets replace.if i dont find anything wrong there then im lost..

2011 135i n55.VTT stage 2 DBB turbo.Jb4 iso,flex fuel,MHD backend flash,NX water meth with fsb CM10 50:50.Bmw Peformance axle back.Bms ***** **.Wagner stepped cooler.Bms chargepipe.Rennzport hotside chargepipe.stage 2 buckeless lpfp.Bms oil cooler lid with sport cooler valve.Bms intake.Rennzport intake scoops.NGK 5992 plugs.jb connect v3
(#102)
Old

Car: 11 135i
Default 08-25-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherwyWP
I assume i have a boost leak,but iv checked and replaced most things,fitted new oem diverter,replaced old dv+ with new gfb dv+,replaced boost pipe from turbo to intercooler with aluminuim one.fitted stock cooler back.checked cp clamps..only things i havent done was actual chargepipe inspection and the intake and throttle body gaskets replace.if i dont find anything wrong there then im lost..
Damn!
Have you smoke tested the car?
I swapped my boost solenoid as well, i was having some intermittent under target issues.
Good luck with it

2011 135i Dct coupe Alpine white n blacked out.
VTT DBB,Pure Inlet, JB4,GFB DV+,MHD,Fuel-it Platinum PI with Cm 5 - 50:50 Meth, E85, N20 tmap, Fuel It S2 lpfp, KB Boost A Spark, BMS IC /CP / IT / OCC, SG Boost Pipe, Quaife LSD, Federal RS-RR,M4 Flywheel, SSP R spec clutches, Kw V3 & Pro rolled guards, AR CL **, Bmw PE. Custom mi**ipe kitties. 1000wrms custom audio.
(#103)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 08-25-2017, 10:42 PM

Boost solenoid should be changed when new S2 turbo goes in, only way to check for boost leaks is a pressure test. Hook a steady 15+ psi up to the turbo inlet and listen for leaks.

12' DCT 135i
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#104)
Old

Default 08-25-2017, 10:52 PM

Thanks guys,il order a a new oem solonoid now,iv already swoped with a used one and no diffrence,but il fit a new one now.iv even swoped out the valve cover already,thinking there could be a issue with pcv system and vacuum from valve cover.il also try and do smoke test through a meth bung on cp.

2011 135i n55.VTT stage 2 DBB turbo.Jb4 iso,flex fuel,MHD backend flash,NX water meth with fsb CM10 50:50.Bmw Peformance axle back.Bms ***** **.Wagner stepped cooler.Bms chargepipe.Rennzport hotside chargepipe.stage 2 buckeless lpfp.Bms oil cooler lid with sport cooler valve.Bms intake.Rennzport intake scoops.NGK 5992 plugs.jb connect v3
(#105)
Old

Default 09-01-2017, 02:20 AM

I went on dyno again today.
What we thought were boost leak related misfires are not and are still around.
Car misfired in every map at around 4500rpm in 5th and 5200rpm in 6th.
We did manage to get a few clean runs in.
Map 7 just shy of 500hp and 27mid 25top only gained about 40hp but put a lot of power under the curve.
Probably found the limit of my turbo and I'll be using map7 as a daily drive.
Drove the car home from the shop and gear changes and general feel felt great.
Misfires prevail tho and I have a support request in place.
Very strange like some kind of comms issue.
Hopefully I get that straightened out and can contribute some more.

VTT DBB,Pure Inlet, JB4,GFB DV+,MHD,Fuel-it Platinum PI with Cm 5 - 50:50 Meth, E85, N20 tmap, Fuel It S2 lpfp, KB Boost A Spark, BMS IC /CP / IT / OCC, SG Boost Pipe, Quaife LSD, Federal RS-RR,M4 Flywheel, SSP R spec clutches, Kw V3 & Pro rolled guards, AR CL **, Bmw PE. Custom mi**ipe kitties. 1000wrms custom audio.
(#106)
Old

Default 09-01-2017, 04:17 AM

Iv had my fly in for 2 weeks.and i never got any misfires yet!i do however have still have the high pwm over 5500rpm,i can only reach a target of about 18-19psi from 5500rpm to 6500rpm.and i see you get it up to about 23psi in that range.

And "NO" its not a boost leak.lol
See pic attached is my dyno :Red line stage 1 and Black line stage 2
Attached Images

(#107)
Old

Default 09-01-2017, 01:31 PM

383 kw at 18/19 seems good. Be nice if we were all on the same type of dyno.
You're at altitude right? Maybe that has something to do with your pwm being maxxed out?
Targeting higher boost will get that curve right up high in the belly of that graph if you can sort it out.

(#108)
Old

Default 09-01-2017, 04:02 PM

I just drove to the gym in map 7 and suffered no issues except the fact I may need a pilots license now.
Awesome fun.
Just an add on comment, I think there is a bit more engine or gearbox noise at idle, sort of like a "rotational" sound.

Last edited by Stoolz; 09-02-2017 at 03:10 PM..
(#109)
Old

Default 09-11-2017, 01:37 PM

Yes i agree its slightly noiser at idle,i was gonna pull my gearbox again to double check dowl pin was seated in flywheel properly,when iv got time il check it out,but nothing major for now..btw i dont have a pure inlet yet,waiting on it to get shipped to me...hope that helps with my pwm being so high in upper rpm.

(#110)
Old

Default 09-11-2017, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Yes i agree its slightly noiser at idle,i was gonna pull my gearbox again to double check dowl pin was seated in flywheel properly,when iv got time il check it out,but nothing major for now..btw i dont have a pure inlet yet,waiting on it to get shipped to me...hope that helps with my pwm being so high in upper rpm.
Let me know how it looks, sounds like noisier is normal then. Mine settles down at about 1k .
How did your old flywheel look? I told the shop to hold onto mine but they say its destroyed, lots of play in it. Was yours sloppy like that?
Good luck with the PWM issue.

(#111)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 09-12-2017, 04:25 AM

Can you guys please confirm the PN for the M4 flywheel?

Sure wish we could band 20 people together to get mfactory to make us one for 500 bucks!

2011 N55 135I, Pure Stage 2, Pure Inlet, JB4 + BEF, Fuel-it port injection & stage 2 LPFP, Big Tom Fmic, AR Catted **, ER CP, Mfactory stage 3+SMFW, KW V1, Apex EC-7
(#112)
Old

Default 09-12-2017, 04:32 AM

@ stoolz, so you went M4 fly and still have misfire issues? My MT car (now dead due to insurance) stopped missing at 24ish PSI after the tune was dialed in, i think it ended up being fueling related. was happier with e40 vs full e85. I am jumping into the DCT boat should have SSP clutches to test the speedtech by end of the year. I still have a gut feel that the missing is a combo of manifold or fueling, hopefully time will tell.

I need to see if the M4 fly helps at all, besides freeing up 10 lb rotations. That might be enough to justify but with 1K flywheel cost its hard to take if it does not help elsewhere.

There are several N55 full builds going on so something has to budge. The larger singles are starting to hit 650-700 or so it seems with 130+ traps and <11s 1/4 passes. Hopefully we are starting to get somewhere.

I am a little concerned BC I know I will be forced to go high load limit on the BEF to let the clutches see the load but this contributed to fuel related missing on my MT. I plan to stay low E + meth to help out with that. So e40 PI + a cm10 or so.

2011 N55 135I, Pure Stage 2, Pure Inlet, JB4 + BEF, Fuel-it port injection & stage 2 LPFP, Big Tom Fmic, AR Catted **, ER CP, Mfactory stage 3+SMFW, KW V1, Apex EC-7
(#113)
Old

Default 09-12-2017, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturboawd
@ stoolz, so you went M4 fly and still have misfire issues? My MT car (now dead due to insurance) stopped missing at 24ish PSI after the tune was dialed in, i think it ended up being fueling related. was happier with e40 vs full e85. I am jumping into the DCT boat should have SSP clutches to test the speedtech by end of the year. I still have a gut feel that the missing is a combo of manifold or fueling, hopefully time will tell.

I need to see if the M4 fly helps at all, besides freeing up 10 lb rotations. That might be enough to justify but with 1K flywheel cost its hard to take if it does not help elsewhere.

There are several N55 full builds going on so something has to budge. The larger singles are starting to hit 650-700 or so it seems with 130+ traps and <11s 1/4 passes. Hopefully we are starting to get somewhere.

I am a little concerned BC I know I will be forced to go high load limit on the BEF to let the clutches see the load but this contributed to fuel related missing on my MT. I plan to stay low E + meth to help out with that. So e40 PI + a cm10 or so.
Car still misfiring, something strange going on.
Can't say M4 FW is good one way or the other with misfires.
I was misfire free @ 25psi E50 and cm12 70/30 meth for at least 12 months.
I'm going to get to the bottom of it, fueling is good, I think the tune is good.
Car runs fantastic 27psi midrange until warmed up ( then misfires after 4500 rpm, even targeting 6psi.)
Misfire makes it look like fueling is bad but when its not quite full temp fueling is A1.
Attached Images

Last edited by Stoolz; 09-12-2017 at 04:51 AM..
(#114)
Old

Default 09-12-2017, 04:55 AM

missing even at 6psi? yeah something funny going on there for sure. wonder if its ignition, have spare coils sitting around? Wonder if resetting adaptations would help? If searching for boost leaks I never had luck with smoke machines. I plug the intake and pressurize the entire thing 5-20psi using a compressor and low pressure regulator.

Keep us in the loop please!

(#115)
Old

Default 09-12-2017, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturboawd
missing even at 6psi? yeah something funny going on there for sure. wonder if its ignition, have spare coils sitting around? Wonder if resetting adaptations would help? If searching for boost leaks I never had luck with smoke machines. I plug the intake and pressurize the entire thing 5-20psi using a compressor and low pressure regulator.

Keep us in the loop please!
I could probably target 1 psi when up to normal running temp and misfire.
Very weird indeed.
I think my boost leaks are all sorted, the only leaks I've had lately are at the Pure inlet.
I asked my shop about coils and they don't think so. (They are stumped tho).
I totally rewired my JB4 off a relay and straight from the battery at the weekend, didn't help.
Anyway, Terry is on board and I'm going to get to the bottom of it.

(#116)
Old

Default 09-12-2017, 09:49 AM

My fly wasnt too bad...actually didn't feel or look too bad.If you misfire at 6psi then there's definitely a issue.

i cant believe you target 25psi over 6000rpm,thats mad
wish i was at that boost.i dont think it's elevation tho.maybe because i dont have the pure inlet yet (hope it helps once fitted) ,i also use the dv+ ,instead of the forge dv.or im thinking a issue with waste-gate.

Seems like we all have our own bunch of issues!!!Good luck bro
Attached Images

(#117)
Old

Cool 09-12-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
My fly wasnt too bad...actually didn't feel or look too bad.If you misfire at 6psi then there's definitely a issue.

i cant believe you target 25psi over 6000rpm,thats mad
wish i was at that boost.i dont think it's elevation tho.maybe because i dont have the pure inlet yet (hope it helps once fitted) ,i also use the dv+ ,instead of the forge dv.or im thinking a issue with waste-gate.

Seems like we all have our own bunch of issues!!!Good luck bro
Cheers Mate.

I don't think it's gonna be the inlet, maybe check that wastegate. Be careful also with the Inlet, mine has leaked a few times, my mech even told me he wanted to put the stock one back on. (I said no way).
Good luck too!

(#118)
Old

Default 09-29-2017, 11:54 AM

I have my m4 flywheel ordered and it will arrive to me shortly. For those that did the swap, what other parts did you need to do the swap? Do I need to order the m4 flywheel bolts as well.

2013 DCT Jet Black 135i
-JB4 Stage 2 ISO/w Flex Fuel Wires-Fuel it Stage 3 Bucketless LPFP-PDU Port Injection-Big Boost 6564 Bottom Mount Turbo Kit-Big Boost Chargepipe-Active Autowerke-BOV-Injen SP Intake with Blox Velocity Stack and Turbo Guard Filter-VRSF 7.5 in Stepped Race Intercooler--BMS OCC/OCV/CF-N20 TMAP-N20 Plugs-Motul 300v 5W-40-Archoil 9100-Motul Mocool-Custom 3.5 inch Straight Pipe Exhaust-Stoptech Rotors/Fluid-PFC Track Pads-VMR 710-Toyo R888r-M4 Flywheel- SSP R Clutches
(#119)
Old

Default 09-29-2017, 01:26 PM

Nope,all you need is basically the flywheel.bolts are the same.make sure that the flywheel dowel pin is in the crank and make sure the flywheel is seated/bolted flush to the crankshaft.mine has a slight wobble and i think is had something to do with the sequence that i tightened the bolts,maybe it never fitted properly over the dowel pin.maybe you can check it out when you get to your fitment,and report back to us.if i remember im not the only one with a slightly noiser flywheel at idle.Goodluck ����