N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#926)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 SS
Default Today, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Our Q50 is the ultimate sleeper... Looks and sounds like a Nissan Altima to the untrained eye but runs 12.20s in the 1/4.
OK... But what's the JB4 results?
(#927)
Old

Car: All of 'em
Default Today, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brecker
Awesome... Can you please share more results / impressions of the JB4 vs the JB1?
JB1 is great for someone who just wants more power, and wants to pretty much leave it alone. No REAL logging options, other limitations. I'm willing to bet future Stage 1's will be locked down to a particular additive boost map for simplicity.

Now that the JB4 is coming, if you want to play with your car at all, potentially run different fuels and much higher boost, the jb1 is a waste of time at that point. Spring for the JB4 (with a bluetooth module). You'll be happy you did.
(#928)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 SS
Default Today, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarPerformance
JB1 is great for someone who just wants more power, and wants to pretty much leave it alone. No REAL logging options, other limitations. I'm willing to bet future Stage 1's will be locked down to a particular additive boost map for simplicity.

Now that the JB4 is coming, if you want to play with your car at all, potentially run different fuels and much higher boost, the jb1 is a waste of time at that point. Spring for the JB4 (with a bluetooth module). You'll be happy you did.
I did and their both in the mail. I've been running the JB1 since it was released. I'm just curious to get as much feedback as possible
(#929)
Old

Car: 2016 RS400 AWD
Default Today, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Anything with MMT works, NOS Race is the most popular. If it doesn't have MMT or costs less than $9 don't waste your time or money it won't do anything.
AdvanceAutoParts just lowered the price of Lucas Octane Booster from $11.99 down to $8.99. NOS Race is $14.99. NOS Race may be the most popular because their package claims an improvement of up to 31 octane points or up to 3 full octane numbers. Lucas and the others that I read don't have a claim like that on the package or bottle.
(#930)
Old

Car: 2016 RS400 AWD
Default Today, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
You have a RS - correct? Most folks on 93 have been able to get to +4 on the JB1 but I have not heard of a RS upping the boost +6 - even with E30 fuel.

Has anyone else heard of such an accomplishment on a RS?
Look at page 4 post 82 where the dyno graph shows 2017 Q50 Red Sport 6psi E30 made 404 hp and 486 tq. It looks like the fuel was 91 octane plus Lucas octane booster then added a few gallons of E85.
(#931)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default Today, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esco
Haven't dared +6 on my rs. Currently running +4 on e30 blend. Finally will have some time tomorrow to install the jb4 upgrade with the Bluetooth kit.
If you have any questions on install take a look at post # 806 and/or send me a message.
(#932)
Old

Default Today, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brecker
Awesome... Can you please share more results / impressions of the JB4 vs the JB1?
The JB1 is a great improvement in performance WOT vs stock. However we all have seen it is not as linear in acceleration - hence we started to play with DWP settings. While that made a lot of difference for most folks - I never felt it was as smooth an acceleration as it could have been. The trade off of more boost with WOT settings...

However as soon as I upgraded to the JB4 - WOW! The acceleration is much more linear "smooth" across the RPM / Throttle. There is more low end zip and it keeps building as the pedal is depressed to the floor. The feel of my SS is just faster and smoother - simplest way I can describe it.
(#933)
Old

Default Today, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti Addict
Look at page 4 post 82 where the dyno graph shows 2017 Q50 Red Sport 6psi E30 made 404 hp and 486 tq. It looks like the fuel was 91 octane plus Lucas octane booster then added a few gallons of E85.
I stand corrected - kudos to BMS at the Dyno for sure. Now I wonder if anyone is driving around town with +6psi on their RS?!?