N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1526)
Old

Car: F30 320i
Default 01-12-2018, 01:57 PM

Also how do I check if I have the latest firmware ? And how is the firmware upgraded?
(#1527)
Old

Car: F20 125i
Default 01-13-2018, 03:38 AM

You missing the EWG cable..
The OBD doesnt look right
Map 5 or 6 for you.
(#1528)
Old

Car: F30 320i
Default 01-13-2018, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc
You missing the EWG cable..
The OBD doesnt look right
Map 5 or 6 for you.
We’re does the ewg harness connect to on the jb?
Is this an additional harness?

The owner said the obd ii cable was shipped like that thou 🤷*♂️
(#1529)
Old

Car: F20 125i
Default 01-13-2018, 07:41 AM

the ewg is an extra cable that you need to buy. The instructions are found in the 1st post.
To confirm the firmware you need to connect to the box. Since you cant via the BT you may want to get the data cable as well to connect via laptop or phone via the OTG method
(#1530)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-25-2018, 09:26 PM

Added EWG_6 firmware to the first post and could use some logs to verify its working as it should be!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1531)
Old

Car: wrx
Default 01-26-2018, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Added EWG_6 firmware to the first post and could use some logs to verify its working as it should be!

Hi Terry, I've just updated my jb4 with the ewg6 firmware, everything looks good except the fp_l data, it's fixed at 345 value and doesn't change, oil temp, 4 cylinder logging looks good
(#1532)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2018, 09:55 AM

There is no low pressure sensor on the car, so that is normal. I have it showing EWG WGDC so we can use that to determine if cars have the EWG connector added on when evaluating.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1533)
Old

Car: wrx
Default 01-26-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
There is no low pressure sensor on the car, so that is normal. I have it showing EWG WGDC so we can use that to determine if cars have the EWG connector added on when evaluating.
oh, ok!

great to know that, do you have a description of what the future use d bits does on the n20 jb4?

also, I noticed something weird today, the gauge sweep happened after the engine warmed up a little, it didn't do when the engine was started.
(#1534)
Old

Car: 2008 535xiT
Default 01-29-2018, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dargorbr

also, I noticed something weird today, the gauge sweep happened after the engine warmed up a little, it didn't do when the engine was started.

Mine does the same thing......

Is that the JB4 actually restarting, or just a glitch?

It does it every time I start the car and start driving.

2014 328i xDrive Msport
(#1535)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-29-2018, 12:34 PM

gauges should sweep when starting car. If it does it while driving its probably a sign we have the CANbus speed cranked too high. I'll slower it slightly in T1 in the first post. If it continues, you can also try FutureUseD bit #7 on for slower speed sampling. The slower speed will still be much faster than the previous EWG_5 firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#1536)
Old

Car: 2013 328i
Default 01-30-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
gauges should sweep when starting car. If it does it while driving its probably a sign we have the CANbus speed cranked too high. I'll slower it slightly in T1 in the first post. If it continues, you can also try FutureUseD bit #7 on for slower speed sampling. The slower speed will still be much faster than the previous EWG_5 firmware.
Terry, if I may ask, what changes has EWG_6_T1 brought compared to 5?
(#1537)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-30-2018, 09:35 AM

Should be detailed in the first post!

Burger Motorsports

(#1538)
Old

Default 01-30-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Should be detailed in the first post!
Awesome! Great work as always.

"2) Added load and calculated torque logging for future N20 back end flash map development."

Is this for the Bootmod3 or MHD flash that is being developed?
(#1539)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-30-2018, 10:21 AM

Useful for either but we'll be posting free MHD maps once they add N20 support, which they report will be in a couple months.

Burger Motorsports

(#1540)
Old

Default 01-30-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Useful for either but we'll be posting free MHD maps once they add N20 support, which they report will be in a couple months.
(#1541)
Old

Car: 2016 428xi FBO WMI JB4 PS2
Default 01-30-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
It happened for me after a 4th gear WOT Log, with the updated firmware 6. I'll try with FutureUseD bit #7 on.
(#1542)
Old

Car: BMW 228i
Default 01-30-2018, 05:42 PM

I have updated to firmware 6_T1 but at the first starts i did not get any gauge sweep.
Then after a couple of hours i started again the car and gauges did sweep as supposed, but after 10 minutes of driving they sweep again whike driving. Now i have activated the FutureUseD bit 7, but i couldnt try it for more than 5 minutes because i was arrived home.

Terry, what you mean by saying that gauges should sweep “where wheel controls are not disabled.”? You mean when you’re not connected with the JB4 Bluetooth app on the smartphone?

I’ve also another newbie question: can the JB4 handle a ***-less ********?
(#1543)
Old

Car: 2016 428xi FBO WMI JB4 PS2
Default 01-30-2018, 08:00 PM

This is less vital, but I also noticed that when parked/stopped, LED MAX brightness mode flickers when enabled.
(#1544)
Old

Default 01-31-2018, 05:46 AM

My gauge sweeps but only after engine starts and car is idling. It's almost as if it's delayed lol. Is there a setting to switch this off in the meantime?
(#1545)
Old

Default 01-31-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Hello Terry,

I tried some more firmware 6_T1 even with "FutureUseD bit #7" on, but gauges keep sweep sometimes while driving.
Is this causing any problem to the car?
(#1546)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-01-2018, 09:40 AM

Since it seems multiple cars are having problems with the gauges resetting and the higher speed CANbus I'll just remove the test firmware for now. Will revisit when the back end flash mapping tools are available.

Burger Motorsports

(#1547)
Old

Default 02-01-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Since it seems multiple cars are having problems with the gauges resetting and the higher speed CANbus I'll just remove the test firmware for now. Will revisit when the back end flash mapping tools are available.
So you suggest it should be better to go back to 5_T2 or keeping the 6_T1 will not cause any problem even if CANbus resets?
(#1548)
Old

Default 02-02-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat28
So you suggest it should be better to go back to 5_T2 or keeping the 6_T1 will not cause any problem even if CANbus resets?
I'd go back to 5_T2.
(#1549)
Old

Default 02-02-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyWilly
I'd go back to 5_T2.
It's what I'll probably do...!
Even if I really loved the Oil temp, I think it's not worth keeping 6_T1 just for that....hope it will get released fixed soon!
(#1550)
Old

Default 02-02-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat28
It's what I'll probably do...!
Even if I really loved the Oil temp, I think it's not worth keeping 6_T1 just for that....hope it will get released fixed soon!
@Terry, is it possible to release the firmware with the gauge sweep disabled? Or perhaps implement the oil temp feature to the 5_t2 firmware? I don't know how much work would be needed for that but i'm in the same boat as Mat28.