N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1651)
Old

Car: E92 335i Msport 6MT
Default 06-12-2017, 11:40 AM

hi there! I haven't posted in years, used to have a E92 335i with a JB3 I believe it was, many moons ago.

Anyway, I now have an F83 M4 - and today had a JB4 with bluetooth dongle fitted. A few questions though....

I can't seem to change the map using the control stalk method - am I to hold the BC button down until the indicators flash? Because nothing is happening

I can use the JB4 app on my phone to connect to the device and change the maps - but also no info is coming back for the various gauges, RPM, boost etc.

Any ideas?
(#1652)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-12-2017, 11:40 AM

E85 might be cheaper but it provides 30% less specific energy. Generally speaking I would not run more than 30-40% without a back end flash specifically calibrated for straight E85.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1653)
Old

Car: Bmw 335i N54 JB4 stage 3 + Bmw M5 F10
Default 06-12-2017, 03:07 PM

Okey terry, thank you

BMW M4 JB4+** and BMW M3 E92 Gpower Sk1
(#1654)
Old

Car: F80 M3
Default 06-19-2017, 09:59 AM

Hey Terry,
(#1655)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-19-2017, 10:13 AM

Support requests to this thread are deleted without being read so use the support forum if you need help.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1656)
Old

Car: M4
Default 06-28-2017, 09:00 PM

Installed tune this week, everything's fantastic. Fuel mass connector was a pain, couldnt figure out how to remove the water reservoir.

As a side note for future development, the LED brightness via OBDII menu for MY18 exec package LCI icon headlights doesn't seem to do anything. Not sure if it requires a firmware update or just isn't compatible with these headlights.

Last edited by Alan92; 06-28-2017 at 09:06 PM..
(#1657)
Old

Car: f80 m3
Default question for JB4 firmware update. - 06-29-2017, 07:37 PM

I and my freind bought a jb4 and one is including bluetooth kit and another one is not including bluetooth kit.
I am wondering that is my jb4 requires to install the firmware?
or can I run my care without firmware updates?
The reason why I ask this is because someone who has Bluetooth is update the firmware and who doesn't have the bluetooth kit they dont care about the firmware installed.
(#1658)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-29-2017, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan92
Installed tune this week, everything's fantastic. Fuel mass connector was a pain, couldnt figure out how to remove the water reservoir.

As a side note for future development, the LED brightness via OBDII menu for MY18 exec package LCI icon headlights doesn't seem to do anything. Not sure if it requires a firmware update or just isn't compatible with these headlights.
We'll check it out on the new LCI models when we can!

Burger Motorsports

(#1659)
Old

Car: 2015 M3
Default 07-09-2017, 06:40 PM

Terry - just updated my JB4 iOS interface and noticed a whole bunch of flex fuel support in there. Do you have a link handy to review any of these details?
(#1660)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2017, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik84
Terry - just updated my JB4 iOS interface and noticed a whole bunch of flex fuel support in there. Do you have a link handy to review any of these details?
The new options only effect those running port injection and a physical flex fuel sensor, currently.

Burger Motorsports

(#1661)
Old

Default 07-09-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The new options only effect those running port injection and a physical flex fuel sensor, currently.
Thanks terry,

Not running port yet but donhave the sensor and Bluetooth kit from Fuel it in my trunk waiting to find time to be installed.

Are there plans to or the ability to have this work without port injection?
(#1662)
Old

Car: M3
Default 07-28-2017, 04:15 AM

Hey Terry!

I have a 2016 F80 M3. I recently modified the my vehicle and put in a Akrapovic (Evolution) exhaust system. I have been hearing some new (and cool) sounds when I use the JB4 system and want to figure out what these sounds are and why they are happening.

First, when I turn on "Map 1" on my exhaust, the sound comes out much louder than stock. Why is this happening? The actual process is what I'm looking for! Just kinda curious.

Second, when I shift down the gears on Map 1 the engine revs (rev matching sound?) and is kinda loud. I like the sound, but again, kinda curious if it is dangerous to my system (durability) and why it is happening!

Third and Last, here in Korea I have 96+ Octane gasoline, so can I use Map 2 safely without the modified down pipe (s)? I am worried that the catalyst in my STOCK down pipe(s) could melt / dissolve if I use it. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Choi
(#1663)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-28-2017, 10:51 AM

Other than CANflap setting in dash the JB4 has no control over how your exhaust sounds.

Burger Motorsports

(#1664)
Old

Car: M3
Default 07-30-2017, 04:27 PM

I'm using bootmod3 and still have the jb4 installed. I want to use it as the back end flash while using bootmod3. On the jb4, can i use map 1,2,3, or 7 with it or do i have to get a custom map made? I'm running on E40 at the moment.
TIA
(#1665)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-31-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soobieajax325
I'm using bootmod3 and still have the jb4 installed. I want to use it as the back end flash while using bootmod3. On the jb4, can i use map 1,2,3, or 7 with it or do i have to get a custom map made? I'm running on E40 at the moment.
TIA
You'd need to do and evaluate logs to see how much boost you can/want to add on top of whatever your flash map is running.

Burger Motorsports

(#1666)
Old

Default 09-13-2017, 09:58 PM

Well, once again my car is a turd. I have been having persistent wastegate issues and boost control issues since day 1 with my pure stage 2 turbos. Got the car to run really well for single gear pulls on the dyno today but was breaking up when going for multi gear runs.

Pulled it off the dyno, had the usual "drivetrain malfunction" warning I get every time I pull it off, which usually clears itself. Unfortunately today codes aren't clearing. Have tried to use the JB4 to clear, have disconnected battery for 30 minutes, none of it works.

Persistent codes -

120408 - reduced power mode
123432 - electric wastegate, stop learning: stop position (wastegate closed) outside tolerance
123436 - no description found

Is my wastegate fubared? It's been suggested that I remove the wastegate controls from the JB4 and see if that helps, will it?

Car has stage 2 turbos, charge *****, DME tune, meth, and e25 along with supporting mods.

We're stumped as to the issues here and I'm getting close tonjust saying screw it. Car has been fun with the turbos on the rare occasion it does what it should, but the constant issues are a PIA.
(#1667)
Old

Car: 2016 M3
Default 09-14-2017, 01:20 AM

Check your wastegate actuator adjustment. Make sure the nuts are tight and you have no more than 1/16-1/8" of the end of the actuator arm sticking out past the adjustment nut.
(#1668)
Old

Car: 2016 M4 6speed
Default Firmware update for jb4 s55 - 09-18-2017, 08:38 PM

Hi terry been wanting to update my firmware through the app on my phone but can't seem to figure it out. Contacted your staff 3 mos ago but they're advice didn't help much. Was hoping you can list or guide me through the process of updating my firmware on the m4. Thanks!!

Jose
(#1669)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-19-2017, 11:07 AM

For help with using the JB4 mobile app you'd want to ask the JB4 mobile guys directly: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21742

They should have firmware update directions posted there.

Burger Motorsports

(#1670)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 09-19-2017, 11:29 PM

When will S55 platform get the new FW with the boost2 etc?

F80 M3 - 100-200: 5.30 (in progress)
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#1671)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-20-2017, 09:05 AM

If you have time to help test it drop me an email!

Burger Motorsports