N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#11051)
Old

Car: 335xi - jb4 - DCI
Default alternative anti-rattle - 09-11-2017, 07:41 PM

Terry, could you give more details on the alternative anti-rattle? I was looking in the forum, but did not find much. Before I got new turbos, I used it on the stockers, it dramatically improved rattle, but maybe a tad more lag.
Does it override DWP? Under which circumstances recommended, any pros and cons?
Thanks

2007 335xi -- VTT GC lites + inlets + outlets -- Fuel-it stg 2 lpfp -- CPE catted **, FMIC, CP -- Tial BOV -- BMS DCI + OCC -- RB PCV
JB4 + BMS bef (E50)
(#11052)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-12-2017, 11:20 AM

It's documented somewhere, feature is a few years old. Holds WG open at low throttle then returns to normal at 20% input or something along those lines. Works for some, not all.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11053)
Old

Car: 335xi - jb4 - DCI
Default 09-12-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It's documented somewhere, feature is a few years old. Holds WG open at low throttle then returns to normal at 20% input or something along those lines. Works for some, not all.
Ok, thanks. Quite surprising that it did not create more lag than it did.
Then again, my WG's might have been so worn out that they did not really open at 0 wgdc. Glad those times are over

2007 335xi -- VTT GC lites + inlets + outlets -- Fuel-it stg 2 lpfp -- CPE catted **, FMIC, CP -- Tial BOV -- BMS DCI + OCC -- RB PCV
JB4 + BMS bef (E50)
(#11054)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 09-13-2017, 11:36 AM

G5_ISO_32_5

1) Setup JB4 to automatically change itself to map0 if a flashing device is connected to the OBDII port. Upon switching to map0 it will flash the turn signal indicators to alert the user.
2) Added battery reset and register (when installing a new battery) under the menu 1/7 adaption resets.

So by setting it to 1/7 after installing a new battery will take care of the coding it needs?

TFT inlets, charge pipe TIAL BOV
RISS **, Exhaust
Walbro 450
335is CLutch
BMS short shifter
VRSF 7"
Apex EC7
KWv3 (not installed)
Devils own Meth kit (not installed)
(#11055)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-13-2017, 06:03 PM

Correct, 1/7 is battery reset. On the latest firmware we moved the rest of them to 1/4.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11056)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default JB4 andAutoclear - 09-15-2017, 08:04 PM

Hi ,

I'm from Australia and i updated to the ISO_32_8 firmware and now i keep getting codes for having ******* *********?

I read that this update got rid of autoclear for US cars? But mine shows as Australian in the JB4 setting and doesnt clear the codes?

Can you help me out?

Thanks
(#11057)
Old

Car: BMW 335I / VW 2.0T
Default 09-16-2017, 07:41 AM

Either upload older firmware or do BEF.
(#11058)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 09-16-2017, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwetish
Either upload older firmware or do BEF.
I am running with the newest BEF already and still get the codes for ******* **'s.

Is there anywhere i can download the older firmware? Cant seem to find it anywhere?