N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-16-2018, 12:44 PM

Thanks looking forward to it!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#77)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-16-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasboy
Terry I sent you paypal for a set of the 2". I'm running the phoenix charge pipe with a BOV so I'll need caps for the diverter valves.
Just move them from your stock inlets! They are part of the bov kit.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#78)
Old

Car: 2009 335i
Default 04-16-2018, 01:32 PM

I have the MMP 1.75 inlets on now which have a plastic plug instead of a cap. My charge pipe never came with any caps. I was using "chair leg" caps I got from Home Depot before the MMP. I'm pretty sure I threw them out with the hacked up stock inlets. Not a big deal I can pickup some more chair ends if you guys don't have any caps.

I'm Interested to see if these fit better than the MMP. I never felt the front inlet fit that great. I ended up having to do some trimming to get it to fit the stock air box.
(#79)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-16-2018, 02:13 PM

You'd have to email in to the warehouse but they can prob throw them in there if it hasn't already shipped. I'm generally not there and not involved with orders directly. Looking forward to your feedback though.

Burger Motorsports

(#80)
Old

Car: 2010 X5M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange
Default 04-17-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Road
I run VRSF CP on the E61 works fine, any relocation inlets as I have run them also, I think at one point I had a BMS stock DV CP and worked as well. Just about everything for 335i works on E61 with the exception Down P!p3s, even the 7" race IC fits.
You were able to run relocation inlets on an E61 535xiT? Per reading one of Ethan/hoburgers threads, it was a complete bitch to do relocation inlets.

'10 BMW X5///M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange - HCP Stage 2/JB4, NGK 97506 @ .20, SS intake w/ BMC filters, gutted cats, muffler delete & Vibrant 1794's, AC Forged 312 22's, H&R 2"
'08 BMW 535xiT - MHD 1+, BMS DCI, RB/Mishimoto, VRSF 7"
'98 BMW 740iL - ///E39 M5 6spd swap, fully built engine (sleeved, P&P, cams), 3.46 LSD, H&R Stage 2/Bilstein HD, Magnaflow 14816's
'97 BMW 328ci - ///E36 M3 clutch, L/W flywheel, 3.23LSD, Z4///M staggered 18's
(#81)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 04-18-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james
You were able to run relocation inlets on an E61 535xiT? Per reading one of Ethan/hoburgers threads, it was a complete bitch to do relocation inlets.
Just need to move some stuff around not really a huge deal, everything fits pretty tidy over on the driver side. Not really any different than relocating stuff for the 335i. Although we did move over the AC lines as they are kinda in the way so that was a slight expense but just brought them to a good AC shop and they made a new line in a few hours using the factory fitting. In the process of relocating DSC unit to M5 location now to provide even more room, this is a larger process for sure but should not be needed just for inlets.

Updated stock location inlets are a normal fit as I am sure you are aware.
(#82)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-18-2018, 09:58 AM

All the 1.75" stock turbo inlets are spoken for. But, still have 5 sets of the 2.00" hybrid turbo inlets we need to get out for testing!

Burger Motorsports

(#83)
Old

Car: Bmw 335i
Default 04-23-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwROLL TIDEwww
Terry, thank you for soliciting the customer base.
While I may get negative feedback for my comment, but me personally would not feel comfortable buying material from China for two reasons. First, I want to support American made ...yes, I know I own a BMW (foreign made), but I bought it used. Second is the quality would be a huge concern. I would prefer to buy American at a higher cost for better quality.
You may be looking for a while.. I am new to BMW, not to the "tuner" scene, and let me tell you... EVERYTHING is china.. Even the biggest names in the industry still outsource to China because it is cheaper.. They have great quality control though, but I doubt you will find anything made 100% in the US other than small billet / 3D parts. Or One off Intakes/Headers/Exhaust...

Coming from drag racing and honda's, where everything was pretty much custom made or in-house or whatever, this is weird to me too that expensive BMW's would have mostly china parts in the aftermarket/race world..

I may be comparing apples to oranges, but either way, good luck finding anything USA made..
(#84)
Old

Car: E90 2008 335i
Default 04-23-2018, 12:04 PM

Are the 2" still compatible with stock turbos like the others on the market? I can install the weekend after I get them, definitely interested!

Email - contact@kpdcompany.com
2008 335i Sedan M-Sport - Auto / M3 Body Conversion / JB4 E85 BEF / BMS DCI / BMS OCC / VRSF CP-HKS SSQV / Forge FMIC / KPD Bucketless LPFP / Muffler Delete / Poly Rear Bushings / M3 F&R Arms / StopTech SS Brake Lines
(#85)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-23-2018, 12:10 PM

No idea... I'd assume it's a looser fit though on stock turbos with a 2" inlet.

Burger Motorsports

(#86)
Old

Default 04-23-2018, 12:35 PM

Ah ya, I just know I plan to do upgrades at some point, so I'd hate to do the 1.75 especially when you don't have any left hah. If you get a chance could you have someone see if they will clamp down?

2008 335i Sedan M-Sport - Auto / M3 Body Conversion / JB4 E85 BEF / BMS DCI / BMS OCC / VRSF CP-HKS SSQV / Forge FMIC / KPD Bucketless LPFP / Muffler Delete / Poly Rear Bushings / M3 F&R Arms / StopTech SS Brake Lines
(#87)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-23-2018, 01:59 PM

Yes we'll test it tomorrow.

Burger Motorsports

(#88)
Old

Default 04-24-2018, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes we'll test it tomorrow.
Thanks Terry, just let me know, if it does ill send you the money today.

(#89)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-24-2018, 11:26 AM

See attached.

Burger Motorsports

(#90)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 04-24-2018, 12:01 PM

Realize this market likes to not really listen to much of anything as they really like to learn things the hard way (over and over and over and over again); but based on a TON of experience save yourselves a ton of grief and do not rely on the "crank worm clamp method" to make a 2" inlet fit on an OEM snout. There is a lot more going on in these engine bays than doing this on a bench, things such as heat/cooling cycles/oil contamination through ventilation and turbo systems/hose to firewall contact issues. And when they pop off you'll wish you'd listened in that a snug fitment is mandatory if one cares about such avoidances. In short get the right size setup for your turbos. My $.02.

Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#91)
Old

Default 04-24-2018, 12:30 PM

Thanks Terry & Rob. It clamps down, but it is quite a clamp down to make it do so. I'm not too sure if this would be best on stock turbos. But I'd hate to have to buy another set of inlets when my stockers go bad(or next spring which ever comes first). I plan to go with upgrades. I would assume it's safe to say that the 1.75" won't fit at all on upgrades? Terry, can you weigh in as you were there to feel the tightness of the clamping, would you agree with rob and either get 1.75" or wait?

Just to be clear, you don't have any 1.75" left at all correct?

(#92)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 04-24-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPDcompany
Thanks Terry & Rob. It clamps down, but it is quite a clamp down to make it do so. I'm not too sure if this would be best on stock turbos. But I'd hate to have to buy another set of inlets when my stockers go bad(or next spring which ever comes first). I plan to go with upgrades. I would assume it's safe to say that the 1.75" won't fit at all on upgrades? Terry, can you weigh in as you were there to feel the tightness of the clamping, would you agree with rob and either get 1.75" or wait?

Just to be clear, you don't have any 1.75" left at all correct?
Most every one of our upgrades use a snout that works best with the 1.75" inlets. The only exception is the Super RB Stealth and Super RB EVO 19T, where a 2" inlet is required.

Quite frankly we wouldn't want you to use these inlets on our turbos regardless, but that has already been explained in great detail in prior posts in this thread lol.

Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#93)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2018, 09:58 AM

Still have 5 sets of the 2" we need to get out for testing.

Burger Motorsports

(#94)
Old

Car: 09 E92 N54
Default 04-26-2018, 03:21 PM

So you can't just take some high-temp tape and wrap around your 1-3/4" OD compressor inlet until you get that 2" OD?

Freude am Fahren
(#95)
Old

Car: 2007 335i e90
Default 04-26-2018, 11:06 PM

Terry, can you stock a kit for passenger side inlets and 335D coolant reservoir install kit?
(#96)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-07-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnk1015
Terry, can you stock a kit for passenger side inlets and 335D coolant reservoir install kit?
Sorry, no plans for that at the moment.

But waiting for feedback on these inlets. Still have the 2" inlets in stock for testing too!

Burger Motorsports

(#97)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-07-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas
So you can't just take some high-temp tape and wrap around your 1-3/4" OD compressor inlet until you get that 2" OD?
Bad idea.. Just tighten them down as shown in the video if you want to go that route.

Burger Motorsports

(#98)
Old

Car: 08 335i
Default 05-07-2018, 01:50 PM

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52758

If it helps but 335d tank didn't work for me ended up using factory one

e92 MT 08
FBO
Dual 450 lpfp
BEF
MeTH!!!!!
(#99)
Old

Car: 2008 E88 135i Convertiblev
Default 05-08-2018, 09:11 AM

Been working on installing the 1.75" stock size ones I got from Terry over the last couple of weekends. Lots of fun working on this on my back with the car on jack stands.

Overall the quality looks fine, the ***** seem to be thick as well as firm. Unlikely to collapse in use IMHO. I am glad I got these from Burger Tuning.

There really is only one issue I can point out that needs a tweak to the design and it is the PVC preheater aluminum fitting. It is VERY tight when putting in the o-ringed stock piece into it. I was able to get them together by pushing it in quite hard (against the floor) and causing the o-ring to compress more. The other issue is the locking tabs could use a slight hook to keep the PVC heater tabs engaged when fully seated and turned. Currently they are just straight. (picture below)

Some other things that I had to do that I think are not because of the inlet manufacturer, just because of the overall/industry wide silicon inlet design.

- Add zip ties to the front to the radiator hose neck to keep it out of the alternator pulley.

And also for the rear to keep the weight of the airfilter from pulling on the PVC hose.

The rear install was easily 5x harder than the front. I am still working on it and tonight. Last job to do is to before putting the bottom all back together is to modify the stock waste gate bracket for clearance on the hose clamp screw. I could not find a better way to get the clamp on, tight, and positioned correctly.

This was another way to go, but could not get the really tight-to-the-turbo hose clamp after it was tightened. - Picture shows wastegate bracket in place - wastegate removed. (**NOTE this is a 135i - rear turbo wastegate placement is much more like a 535i than a 335i***) - you 335i guys are lucky.

Thanks,

Jeff Stabell
Lake Wylie, SC
2008 BMW 135i E88 Convertible
Blue/Black
Koni STR.T suspension, M3 Front suspension arms
JB4 Map 7, E85 Backend flash, 255 Gph inline/intank fuel pump, Mechtech Intercooler, Raceland ***, NGK Sparkplugs, DCi, Alpina Trans flash
405 RWhp Dynojet Std (before DCI)
12.37 sec @112 mph (before E85 flash,I/C, 255 FP, DCi)
(#100)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-08-2018, 09:34 AM

Thank you for the feedback! Can you email me more pics if you have?

Payam@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports