N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default BMS Replacement PCV - 11-11-2017, 10:21 AM

Hey guys,

Although it's already a saturated market, ACF thought they could improve on the current PCV designs out by starting from scratch with a full CNC design. Compared to current valves out they were able to produce something with a larger valve opening, better fitment, and pretty cool aesthetics. We're happy to offer it as the BMS replacement PCV for $40.

http://www.burgertuning.com/RB_Upgra...placement.html

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: 2008 E93
Default 11-11-2017, 10:36 AM

Terry, how would this compare to RB ? Can this be used and then install a catch can for low load side ?
(#3)
Old

Car: 2008 E93
Default 11-11-2017, 10:38 AM

Nvm, just clicked the link.
(#4)
Old

Car: 08 535xi
Default 11-11-2017, 12:17 PM

Are these new design valves BMS tested?

08 535Xi - jb4 iso w/mhd flash, Bms dci, AR ********* **, er cp with forge dv, second *** delete, muffler delete, xhp trans flash, ets fmic, bms oil tstat bypass.
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-11-2017, 01:18 PM

Yes we've had one on Adam@BMS' car the last few months to evaluate. Nothing but positive feedback to report.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 11-11-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes we've had one on Adam@BMS' car the last few months to evaluate. Nothing but positive feedback to report.
Been on my single turbo car for a few months as well. A+

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Car: 335xi - jb4 - DCI
Default 11-11-2017, 10:13 PM

How do you judge one PCV vs another? Oil accumulation in catch can?

Pretty sleek design indeed. Alas, it's not located in one of the most visible places.

2007 335xi -- VTT GC lites + inlets + outlets -- Fuel-it stg 2 lpfp -- CPE catted **, FMIC, CP -- Tial BOV -- BMS DCI + OCC -- RB PCV
JB4 + BMS bef (E50)
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-11-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfin
How do you judge one PCV vs another? Oil accumulation in catch can?

Pretty sleek design indeed. Alas, it's not located in one of the most visible places.
The countered design just makes it easier to install properly and better secures it in place, as it matches the retaining cap. In terms of how to judge one PCV vs. another the quality of fitment, how well it holds boost while opening under vacuum to let vapor out, how long it lasts, etc. Not something you can easily quantify.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Car: 08 535i
Default 04-11-2018, 02:29 PM

*swallows pride and prepares to ask dumb question.
Please forgive my ignorance, but would this replace that flapper valve that the OCC hose is connected to? Where does this device reside on the engine? Thank you for the clarification.

Chet (Kids name for my car) is a 2008 535i Sport+, JB4 G5 ISO, MHD BEF (pump), AFE Cold Air intake, VRSF CP, (genuine) VRSF D-P, Tial BOV, BMS OCC

Last edited by wwwROLL TIDEwww; 04-11-2018 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: Corrected spelling error
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2018, 09:03 AM

No, it's inside the valve cover. It's the check valve between the vacuum and boost systems.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 04-12-2018, 03:03 PM

Thanks Terry, I googled it too.

Learning so much from you vets and from my errors, but am loving my n54.

I purchased one of these beauties today. Thanks for all you do BMS. Much obliged.

Chet (Kids name for my car) is a 2008 535i Sport+, JB4 G5 ISO, MHD BEF (pump), AFE Cold Air intake, VRSF CP, (genuine) VRSF D-P, Tial BOV, BMS OCC

Last edited by wwwROLL TIDEwww; 04-13-2018 at 01:42 AM.. Reason: Multiple grammatical errors corrected
(#12)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 04-17-2018, 06:19 AM

Hi Terry I just bout one of these and I can't get it to fit correctly. The cover that screws into the valve cover won't fit seat around the top of the PCV valve so I can't screw it in. Any help and have you had this problem with anyone else?
Thanks
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-17-2018, 08:15 AM

I'd guess valve isn't pushed in fully. But if you need help, just email in some photos and we can help you sort it out. They are all CNC machined so little chance it won't fit perfectly.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Default 04-17-2018, 08:40 AM

Terry I feel like i'm going to break the cap if I push any harder than I am. I know it seems strange that it isn't working for me. I have a picture but I'm about as good as posting it as pushing a PCV valve into a cap! hahah and really I don't think it would show you much but if I can get your email I can send you a a better picture when i get home. But should the valve go into the cap easy or do you have to apply a lot of pressure?
(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-17-2018, 08:44 AM

Our support email address is on our website under contact us: http://www.burgertuning.com/contact.html

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Default 04-17-2018, 08:52 AM

Yeah I emailed it yesterday and the reply was "No idea what the issue could be. It should slide in and be able to screw on it just fine. " So I guess it should be easy to slid in but it doesn't.
(#17)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-17-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPheiling
Yeah I emailed it yesterday and the reply was "No idea what the issue could be. It should slide in and be able to screw on it just fine. " So I guess it should be easy to slid in but it doesn't.
I have installed many of them and I know what youre talking about. Some of them are extremely hard to push in and others slide right in. Its the plastic cap that have some irregularities between them.

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Default 04-17-2018, 10:34 AM

Payam,
Thanks for letting me know that I'm not crazy and I figured it wasn't the part. So you just pushed like crazy and it went on? I might try sanding the ears on the inside to give me that little bit of room I need.
(#19)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 04-17-2018, 10:50 AM

The OEM plastic screw-on caps are not consistent and it seems about 1 in 10 have this issue. If this issue is encountered simply take some wire cutter snips and snip off a TINY bit of the leading edge of each of the 4 inner "finger" holders. About 1mm off the corner is all it takes, from each four, very simple and should slide right over the part at that point. If this doesn't work then it is something else.

Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#20)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-17-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Payam,
Thanks for letting me know that I'm not crazy and I figured it wasn't the part. So you just pushed like crazy and it went on? I might try sanding the ears on the inside to give me that little bit of room I need.
Yup, not crazy at all. Just do as Rob stated with some wire cutters. Snip a little bit off each of the four tabs and it will slip right in.

Burger Motorsports

(#21)
Old

Default 04-18-2018, 04:41 AM

Rob/Payam thanks for the help. It worked
(#22)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-18-2018, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Rob/Payam thanks for the help. It worked
Awesome!

Burger Motorsports

(#23)
Old

Default 04-22-2018, 04:37 AM

I’m too late reading this. I just installed my BMS PCV yesterday and I had to mash it in the cap with some stern gumption. Thinking the trimming idea would of been better I reckon.

Is there a bench test to determine if the old one is bad?