N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#476)
Old

Car: All of 'em
Default 04-18-2018, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloxsom
Its the only USB in the computer lol
Don't take any offense! Sometimes when we are elbow deep in a headache like this, the little things are overlooked. I feel your pain right now brother.

Can you try a different laptop? Just to rule out some issue there.

I've never ONCE had this happen, but I suppose it's possible that your firmware update failed at such a time that the jb4 has no software to be able to support serial communications anymore. Terry's a smart guy though, I'm not sure that he would allow that problem to exist.

I don't know the inner-workings of the JB4, that's all proprietary information.

From a business standpoint, you will run yourself into the ground assuming responsibility for fixing the product. Don't take it personally, we didn't make the JB4 and we don't know with certainty how they work. I would remove it, and ship it back to Burger to have it tested/repaired (if necessary) and start again.

I've never had a JB4 fail right in front of me, but I have had a couple that showed up not working the way they were supposed to, and Burger has been very good about helping.

Just be glad you're not dealing with an underboost isolated to one bank. That's a headache.
(#477)
Old

Car: M5
Default 04-18-2018, 03:27 PM

So looking at my harness with the BCM. The BCM has the red wire for power. But how does the JB4 get power? I have 5.0v at pin. #24
(#478)
Old

Default 04-18-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
So looking at my harness with the BCM. The BCM has the red wire for power. But how does the JB4 get power? I have 5.0v at pin. #24
I'm sorry. I gave you some mis-information. It looks like this Jb4 takes power from the TMAP signal.
(#479)
Old

Default 04-18-2018, 03:33 PM

I have another one on the shelf for the TU. Im going to see if I can talk to that one.
(#480)
Old

Default 04-18-2018, 03:37 PM

Good idea. If you can communicate to that one, I would begin taking the JB4 out of the car to send back to Burger for testing. They may not even charge you, Terry's a pretty good guy. They might be able to just flash program the best firmware on the bench and send it right back.
(#481)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-18-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Knowing this is a BETA product that is no longer supported this is what the customer wanted.

3a. POWER and GND installed in the 30a fuse, and shock tower bolt. (checked GND and PWR with DVOM. All ok at this time.

The frustrating part is that I have been doing this for 3 days now I even tried to upload the software prior to calling the customer in. EG:

Supplied power and GND to the JB4 (as if key on) and then Connected it VIA USB to the computer. I got nothing. I contacted Burger and they said install it and then update. We still have the same problem, thus my concern from 3 days ago.

My though is the same as yours. If its key on and usb is connected. Then I should be able to update the JB4.

(note: I also tried the app on my phone to connect and nothing)
A little confused, there is no power or ground connection for the JB4 itself. The optional BCM has connections but no need to bother with that yet.

JB4 attaches to TMAP sensors, then CANbus wires in the DME box.If using a JB4 mobile adapter it attaches to one of the red wires in the JB4 harness, and if using a BMS data cable it just plugs in to the laptop.

Install photos?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#482)
Old

Default 04-18-2018, 05:39 PM

I took it all out to give it back to the customer they needed it for work.

I have done quite a few installs. So im pretty confident on the installation. (NOTE: the red and black power wires are for the BCM)

What I did do, is install another JB4 board to the harness and it connected it.
(i used the app on my phone this time VIA Cable)
-It connected!
then
-"Error, Unable to initiate data stream from JB4. Please try reading codes or connecting again"
NOTE: it did show map 1 selected.

So I uploaded the software to the new jb4 board. for the "S63"

It once again, loaded twice, the first time was an error. Second time, it said successful.
THEN - i could no longer connect to the JB4.

Did i brick both JB4s with the "s63 Software"

Thanks
(#483)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-18-2018, 07:20 PM

Did you try disconnecting CANbus wires leaving only TMAPs attached?

If you want to send the boards in we can always reflash them here, with the correct software for an S63.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#484)
Old

Default 04-19-2018, 08:17 AM

No I did not. Ill send them both in. Just to the address posted on your site?

Burger Motorsports, Inc.
2235 First St, Suite 122
Simi Valley, California 93065 USA
(#485)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-19-2018, 09:13 AM

Correct

Burger Motorsports

(#486)
Old

Default 04-19-2018, 02:34 PM

You will have them Monday!

Thanks
(#487)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-19-2018, 07:33 PM

OK will get them turned around quickly for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#488)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 535i
Default 2013 X5M - 07-13-2018, 11:29 AM

Hopefully somebody can give me a little insight. Iím running Map 3 with E30 but when I did a couple logs yesterday my target did not go past 17 psi (see log below). Does anybody idea what could be going, I thought the target for map 3 is supposed to be 19psi? Also anybody care to share their map 6 settings?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-07-01 18_42_45.csv (14.6 KB, 4 views)

2009 535i AT
Modifications: VRSF **'s | VRSF 7" FMIC | BMS OCC | Tial BOV | BMS DCI | ER CP | MHD E60 OTS | Fuel-It! E85 Fuel Line with Ethanol Sensor | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP | MM-P Inlets and Outlets

Future Modifications: LSD?
(#489)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 07-18-2018, 04:24 AM

Anyone have this issue
JB4 user adjustments corrupted everytime you try to connect?
(#490)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-18-2018, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard H
Anyone have this issue
JB4 user adjustments corrupted everytime you try to connect?
Is the JB4 firmware and interface on your device updated?

Burger Motorsports

(#491)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 07-18-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Is the JB4 firmware and interface on your device updated?
Yes it has
Its on the latest available firmware.