N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#4076)
Old
samstryker's Avatar
samstryker samstryker is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 449
Join Date: Aug 2014
Car: 2008 535xiT e61
Default 04-11-2017, 04:41 PM

I'm having trouble with the android app. It won't let me change the connection type to rev 3. It just stays on USB OTG


2008 e61 535xit: VTT GCs, Fuel-it PI, fuelab FPR w/ return line, stage 2 lpfp, fuelab "700" inline pump, RB external PCV, VRSF 7.5" race FMIC, Inlets, outlet, AR ***, 3" chargepiping, 3" exhaust, JB4, BMS PI controller
Reply With Quote
(#4077)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,745
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 04-11-2017, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samstryker
I'm having trouble with the android app. It won't let me change the connection type to rev 3. It just stays on USB OTG
Means your device doesn't support Bluetooth 4.0.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
Reply With Quote
(#4078)
Old
samstryker's Avatar
samstryker samstryker is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 449
Join Date: Aug 2014
Car: 2008 535xiT e61
Default 04-11-2017, 07:28 PM

Good to know. Thanks


2008 e61 535xit: VTT GCs, Fuel-it PI, fuelab FPR w/ return line, stage 2 lpfp, fuelab "700" inline pump, RB external PCV, VRSF 7.5" race FMIC, Inlets, outlet, AR ***, 3" chargepiping, 3" exhaust, JB4, BMS PI controller
Reply With Quote
(#4079)
Old
gtbeastofatlanta gtbeastofatlanta is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Mar 2017
Car: 550I Gt
Default Help needed with N63 DME wiring - 04-14-2017, 02:48 PM

hey guys, i tried to install the BCM and JB4-beta wires into my DME.. well take a guess, while uninstalling, yes, could get it to work, I let two wire slip loose and now I don't know where they went. Anybody, have an idea how to get a wiring schematics for my DME? 2010 bmw 550i gt n63 f07
Reply With Quote
(#4080)
Old
Xer0449 Xer0449 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 88
Join Date: Dec 2016
Car: 135i
Default 04-24-2017, 11:31 AM

Dmac @ BMS/DMD;

Any chance you'd be willing to port the app (or at least some binaries) over to QNX6.3? The SDK and RTE's are available...

It'd be nice to get the JB4 mobile app working natively in iDrive


'12 N55 e82 | MEVD1762 | DCT | CP | d0wnP1p3e sans meow | 7" IC | PPK1 | PE | JB4 ISO | BMS OCC | BMS Intake | PS2 | Stg2 LPFP | N20
Waiting to go in: BMS WMI kit
Reply With Quote
(#4081)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,745
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 04-24-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
Hi

I'd really like a change of vertical layout for the Android. If the road is slightly bumpy it's quite easy to disconnect instead of starting a log - frustrating

Big fat Start/Stop and smaller Connect - thanks
Maybe on that theme. On the other theme the buttons are already beside each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
#1: A meth prime button - maybe in the bottom of settings page
#2: A programable quick toggle button on the display screen for fast switching between e.g. map1 and map3. Actually if you could just cycle through the maps with the map-dial that would also work
1) At that point it's not much more trouble to go to the meth settings page and hit the button there. Maybe a triple tap gesture.

2) Have triple tap set to bring up a map selection dialog inside the gauge on iOS. Will bring it over to Android.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0449
Dmac @ BMS/DMD;

Any chance you'd be willing to port the app (or at least some binaries) over to QNX6.3? The SDK and RTE's are available...

It'd be nice to get the JB4 mobile app working natively in iDrive
May check it out at some point. Not really looking to keep a 3rd version of this app managed.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
Reply With Quote
(#4082)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,745
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 04-26-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
For cruising and looking StarTrek smart the needle-fill theme is great, but for at a glance read-ability - not so much.
Hope you will put the Start/Stop and Connect buttoms side by side for the default theme also.

Didn't the app have audible warnings for "last safety" before.....? Or maybe I am confusing it with Torque now......
Never had a feature like that for last safety.


Trying to get the iOS and Android betas up today or tomorrow. Will include the following:

Updated interface changes for new E85 params.

Moved multiple log select buttons to top (Android).


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
Reply With Quote
(#4083)
Old
Herc Herc is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 210
Join Date: Nov 2016
Car: F20 125i
Default 04-26-2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0449
Dmac @ BMS/DMD;

Any chance you'd be willing to port the app (or at least some binaries) over to QNX6.3? The SDK and RTE's are available...

It'd be nice to get the JB4 mobile app working natively in iDrive
Try the mirror method for the mobile/idrive or upgrade the screen to an android based one
Reply With Quote
(#4084)
Old
dh58 dh58 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 174
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default 04-28-2017, 04:01 PM

Dmac, I posted this for Terry but I thought I'd send it here too since i'm not sure. Thank you for your time in advance!

I'm using a www.gofar.co in my car and I'm wondering if there is anyway this could be slowing down the JB4 or BEF because it's reading/saving data from the DME via OBD2.

I've been feeling the car isn't pulling as hard and i'm wondering if its got anything to do with this or replacing tyres (identical, just replaced with new).

I know you're probably going to ask for logs but I thought this might be one of those situations where its a definite, don't be doing so much on the canbus kinda situation.

This is my setup:
- MHD BEF (Running a few firmwares behind)
- JB4 (Latest flash)
- JB4 BT Kit + App
- 135i n54 Auto

Mods:
- TBI + stage2 lpfp + fuel sensor (FuelIT platinum)
- 100% e85
- Full bolton
Reply With Quote
(#4085)
Old
enrita's Avatar
enrita enrita is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 298
Join Date: Sep 2008
Car: 335i
Default 04-29-2017, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh58
Dmac, I posted this for Terry but I thought I'd send it here too since i'm not sure. Thank you for your time in advance!

I'm using a www.gofar.co in my car and I'm wondering if there is anyway this could be slowing down the JB4 or BEF because it's reading/saving data from the DME via OBD2.

I've been feeling the car isn't pulling as hard and i'm wondering if its got anything to do with this or replacing tyres (identical, just replaced with new).

I know you're probably going to ask for logs but I thought this might be one of those situations where its a definite, don't be doing so much on the canbus kinda situation.

This is my setup:
- MHD BEF (Running a few firmwares behind)
- JB4 (Latest flash)
- JB4 BT Kit + App
- 135i n54 Auto

Mods:
- TBI + stage2 lpfp + fuel sensor (FuelIT platinum)
- 100% e85
- Full bolton
sounds a bit ridiculous


07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 Flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Reply With Quote
(#4086)
Old
Alpha Twins's Avatar
Alpha Twins Alpha Twins is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 15
Join Date: Dec 2016
Car: E92-335i-N55-2011
Default 04-30-2017, 01:23 AM

can someone explain how i have to do this ?

FUD bit 7. You could enter just 128 under FUD to enable. Then it should not go to map0 automatically when plugging in OBDII.


E92 335i 2011 N55 | JB4 G5 ISO | M Performance Exhaust | BMS ** | Wagner evo 2 comp Intercooler | BMS catchcan | BMS Chargepipe | MHD FLASH
Reply With Quote
(#4087)
Old
omran omran is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: May 2017
Car: 335i 09
Default 05-02-2017, 06:31 AM

Hey guys, I got an issue with a jb4 app
everything works great except one thing , when i'm trying to sand My log to any email it doesn't arrive , i tried with more then 5 emails and nothing arrived in the email which i sand it to .

any solution ?
Reply With Quote
(#4088)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,745
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 05-03-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh58
Dmac, I posted this for Terry but I thought I'd send it here too since i'm not sure. Thank you for your time in advance!

I'm using a www.gofar.co in my car and I'm wondering if there is anyway this could be slowing down the JB4 or BEF because it's reading/saving data from the DME via OBD2.

I've been feeling the car isn't pulling as hard and i'm wondering if its got anything to do with this or replacing tyres (identical, just replaced with new).

I know you're probably going to ask for logs but I thought this might be one of those situations where its a definite, don't be doing so much on the canbus kinda situation.

This is my setup:
- MHD BEF (Running a few firmwares behind)
- JB4 (Latest flash)
- JB4 BT Kit + App
- 135i n54 Auto

Mods:
- TBI + stage2 lpfp + fuel sensor (FuelIT platinum)
- 100% e85
- Full bolton
Do not use anything else in the OBDII port when using the JB4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Twins
can someone explain how i have to do this ?

FUD bit 7. You could enter just 128 under FUD to enable. Then it should not go to map0 automatically when plugging in OBDII.
How to set FUD to 128? If so just select the field next to FUD in the User Adjustment page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omran
Hey guys, I got an issue with a jb4 app
everything works great except one thing , when i'm trying to sand My log to any email it doesn't arrive , i tried with more then 5 emails and nothing arrived in the email which i sand it to .

any solution ?
Please provide the info in the first post. Also sounds like an issue with your email setup.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
Reply With Quote
(#4089)
Old
camberadam camberadam is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 56
Join Date: Mar 2014
Car: 09 e92
Question 05-05-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
According to Terry, FUA 58 for the N54 Single Turbo firmware will output the E Content under "Duty Cycle" for now.
Can anyone confirm this info is still current? This comment is a little outdated at this point.

If I'm switching from the standard db9 usb cable to the bluetooth db9, I just transfer my stage 3 & PI wires to the same pin positions correct?

All the setup threads are so long & I couldn't find a direct answer.
Reply With Quote
(#4090)
Old
MrHaloHalo MrHaloHalo is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 31
Join Date: Apr 2016
Car: 2014 X1 35i
Default 387F Code - 05-05-2017, 10:23 AM

Car: 2014 X1 35i (E84 chassis, N55 engine)

After having run the JB4 Connect kit for a year with its power connected to the JB4 power supply (off the wire to the 50A fuse), I just switched it over to one of the two red wires in the JB4 wire loom, as per the current instruction for the Connect Kit install on the E-chassis/N55. I was hoping that this would clear up my persistent 3166 code (tank safety valve malfunction, EVAP vent line) and occasional 2C57 (charge air pressure control, boost too low) that only show up when the JB4 is installed.

Started the car up, let it idle for a few minutes, and checked codes:
387F: Power Management, closed circuit violation.

Should I :
-move the Connect Kit power to the other red wire in the JB4 loom?
-move the Connect Kit power back to the 50A JB4 power wire?
-disregard the 387F altogether?
-something else?
Reply With Quote
(#4091)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,745
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 05-05-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camberadam
Can anyone confirm this info is still current? This comment is a little outdated at this point.

If I'm switching from the standard db9 usb cable to the bluetooth db9, I just transfer my stage 3 & PI wires to the same pin positions correct?

All the setup threads are so long & I couldn't find a direct answer.
For that, make a post in the support section as that is a more JB4 related question and not Connect Kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHaloHalo
Car: 2014 X1 35i (E84 chassis, N55 engine)

After having run the JB4 Connect kit for a year with its power connected to the JB4 power supply (off the wire to the 50A fuse), I just switched it over to one of the two red wires in the JB4 wire loom, as per the current instruction for the Connect Kit install on the E-chassis/N55. I was hoping that this would clear up my persistent 3166 code (tank safety valve malfunction, EVAP vent line) and occasional 2C57 (charge air pressure control, boost too low) that only show up when the JB4 is installed.

Started the car up, let it idle for a few minutes, and checked codes:
387F: Power Management, closed circuit violation.

Should I :
-move the Connect Kit power to the other red wire in the JB4 loom?
-move the Connect Kit power back to the 50A JB4 power wire?
-disregard the 387F altogether?
-something else?
For that, make a post in the support section as that is a more JB4 related question and not Connect Kit.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
Reply With Quote
(#4092)
Old
mykal's Avatar
mykal mykal is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 136
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: '09 E90
Default 05-08-2017, 03:05 PM

Any ETA on when this will be added to the mobile app?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Adding in new interface settings for all the various ethanol related setup functions. There are a lot of bases to cover....

WMI
FlexFuel
WMI + Flex Fuel
WMI + Port Injection
Port Injection only
Port Injection + Flex Fuel
WMI+FlexFuel+Port Injection

Then of course the Virtual FlexFuel sensor running in the background providing either a safety system for a hardwired ethanol sensor or a "close enough" ethanol content reading.

With all this the extra DME voltage input is actually going to come in very handy here when running multiple items like PI + WMI or WMI + FlexFuel....
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
(#4093)
Old
Dmac @ BMS/DMD's Avatar
Dmac @ BMS/DMD Dmac @ BMS/DMD is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,745
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 05-08-2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal
Any ETA on when this will be added to the mobile app?
Already available in the betas, just doing some testing before the public release.


2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85


For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
Reply With Quote
(#4094)
Old
PawlyGuNNz PawlyGuNNz is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 133
Join Date: Oct 2011
Car: 135i N54 6sp MT
Default 05-08-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
Already available in the betas, just doing some testing before the public release.
Can't wait!!! DMAC you da man!!! And of course Terry too lol


jb4 g5 ISO,MHD\JB4 BEF, Pure stage 2 hybrid hi flow n54,PR stage 3 fuel pumps, ADE port injection,RB PCV, BMS occ, ER CP, TIAL BOV, VRSF Hotside inlets, VRSF 7" fmic, VRSF 3" ***, n55 mid, Berk Race, NGK GTR plugs, HPF Spec smfw twin disc clutch
Reply With Quote
(#4095)
Old
brainsurgery brainsurgery is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 163
Join Date: Feb 2014
Car: BMW E91 LCI 335xi
Default 05-09-2017, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
Already available in the betas, just doing some testing before the public release.
I tried this and I can't change E85 bits or Virtual Sensor Offset.

I'm using this FW http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46407


335i LCI xDrive AT, JB4, ***, Stage1 LPFP, MHD E85 flash.
Reply With Quote
(#4096)
Old
K.Jameel K.Jameel is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 210
Join Date: Apr 2015
Car: BMW E92 N54
Default Bluetooth weak Signal - 05-09-2017, 06:29 AM

hello,

installed Bluetooth Rev 3 for N54 but the signal is very weak and keep disconnect, any direction?


BMW 335i '08 E92 N54, JB4 G5 IOS, BMS DCI, VRSF ***, BMS-Tial BOV Kit with Chargepipe, VRSF FMIC, BMS Meth Kit, JB4 MHD BEF, BMS PCV valve, BMS OCC. TCU Alpina_B3 Flash, .
Reply With Quote
(#4097)
Old
rac rac is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 149
Join Date: Mar 2014
Car: 2008 135i 6MT
Default 05-10-2017, 06:49 PM

It's been a while since I've used my JB4. Going ST so might reinstall JB4.

I have been logging with mhd running in the background while Harry s lap timer runs in the foreground on my phone. It also takes GPS input via Bluetooth. Questions;

1. Can I do the same with the JB4 app, I.e. will the app continue running if I open another app up on my phone?
2. Will I have any issue running two Bluetooth inputs simultaneously (GPS and JB4)?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
(#4098)
Old
brainsurgery brainsurgery is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 163
Join Date: Feb 2014
Car: BMW E91 LCI 335xi
Default 05-11-2017, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainsurgery
I tried this and I can't change E85 bits or Virtual Sensor Offset.

I'm using this FW http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46407
Like this
Attached Images
 


335i LCI xDrive AT, JB4, ***, Stage1 LPFP, MHD E85 flash.
Reply With Quote
(#4099)
Old
x99percent x99percent is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 75
Join Date: May 2015
Car: 2008 135i
Default 05-11-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainsurgery
Like this
Donnie has been made aware of this, and there should be an update coming soon.
Reply With Quote
(#4100)
Old
protecon's Avatar
protecon protecon is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 56
Join Date: Sep 2016
Car: 2010 X5M MCB
Default 05-11-2017, 07:35 PM

Here's another function that could be useful - diagnostics/support.

- Select "BMS Support" which takes you to some options > fuel, electrical, meth etc
- Depending on the option you choose, it generates a specific format to complete before sending off the help request.
- Different options would have bare minimum information needed to troubleshoot before allowing you to submit. eg platform, components installed - facility to attach photos using the phone camera etc.
- If logging is required, have a walk-through guide that tells you when you're in the right gear (at optimum revs) and counts down to going WOT, followed by on-screen prompts when you've recorded a good log, or need to try again. The successful log then gets attached to the support request.

Would be handy too if users supply their N54tech username/pass, and on submission, it will auto-post a thread in the correct subforum, with set templates and titles created from information supplied by filling out the diagnostic form.

Actually this sounds like it needs to be a separate app..
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2017, N54tech.com