N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Talking Easy cheap and effective way to clean injectors!! - 08-11-2016, 12:41 AM

So my car was constantly misfiring on cylinder 6 even when the engine was cold/warm, I had already changed out my coils and plugs and already did a walnut blast, So I crossed those out my list and I figured it had to be my injector. I proceeded to remove my injectors and upon inspecting it, I noticed it was full of carbon build up on the tip of the injector, I had originally planned to replace the injector but I gave cleaning it a try and it went really well for me so I'm gonna share my experience and hopefully help others in this forum with injector issues.

To clean it I used a bottle of APC (All Purpose Cleaner) From dollar tree which is only 1$, cheapest one I found. I will attache a picture of the cleaner. I simply put the tip of the injector into the bottle it fits perfectly and let it sit for about 5 hours or so. I'm sure the longer the better but I was getting impatient lol. After I took out the injector all the carbon build up was gone from the tip and I could actually see the little wholes where the gasoline sprays out of with a magnifying glass(not visible before the cleaning). I sprayed the tip down with a little of carburetor cleaner and put the injector back in. When I fired it up ALL my misfires where gone the car was running perfectly smooth! So I'm really happy I saved myself 200 for a new injector+coding. Hopes this helps any of you with misfires and or dirty injectors. If you guys have any questions feel free to let me know!
Attached Images

(#2)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335xi
Default 08-11-2016, 05:13 AM

Pretty good! I actually used Marvel Mystery Oil (I know, sketchy name) but it works pretty good! My 2007 Audi 3.2L has been running strong after I cleaned them out. Didn't have to clean my bimmer yet
(#3)
Old

Default 08-11-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurodiy
Pretty good! I actually used Marvel Mystery Oil (I know, sketchy name) but it works pretty good! My 2007 Audi 3.2L has been running strong after I cleaned them out. Didn't have to clean my bimmer yet
my mother actually has an A6 3.2 and I've used marvel in her car before as well as in my car but taking the injector out and doing this made a world of a difference!
Glad it works for you tho! Do this when you have a chance it's a fairly fast procces to take out the injectors just make sure you keep them in order or write on them which cylinder they come out of.
(#4)
Old

Car: 335i, 2009
Default 08-12-2016, 09:38 AM

Awesome that you got it working. You should do another one but with a step by step video or pictures. Personally though... The injectors will likely be a one time replacement, and I'd rather save on a gasoline mess just once and replace all the injectors at the same time. I am on original 2009 injectors on 88k miles, knock on wood.

335i E90 2009 ///M Sport Auto
Mods: | Wagner Intercooler | MeowPipe | Meth-Trunk | JB4 | Pump_Back_End_Flash | Fuel-it! Stage 2
Drivetrain--------ForgeStar F14 Wheels 18" (245 & 275 PSS) | Alpina Transmission Flash | Wavetrac LSD
Suspension-------KW V3 Coil Overs| M3 RSF Bushings and Dif Bushings | H&R Sways

X5 50i 2013 ///M Sport
Stock

(#5)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default 08-26-2016, 09:28 PM

I'd like to see long term results...this would be great if it was just that easy. I always thought it was a more internal malfunction with the piezo injectors.

08 335xi- JB4/Trebila,RB Inlets, VRSF CP ,FMIC, ** ,BMS DCI,e50 and Fuel-it Stage 2. 11.8 @ 118
(#6)
Old

Default 08-28-2016, 04:25 PM

Sadly it didn't last to log but it did fix it for a while.
(#7)
Old

Car: 08 335Ci
Default 09-06-2016, 06:35 PM

????? Guys ever hear of Chevron Techron? Just put it in the tank and drive.

No matter how fast I go there's always someone slower in front of me.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him Jet Ski.

'10 E92 335 M Sport awaiting donor parts

Totaled by a careless driver:
'08 E92 335, M sport option, JB4 G5 ISO, 3" charge pipe, meth injection w/dual cm5 nozzles. Stock intake and exhaust. ECS front strut brace, KW V2 Coil Over Suspension
(#8)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default 09-06-2016, 07:59 PM

Doesn't work...

08 335xi- JB4/Trebila,RB Inlets, VRSF CP ,FMIC, ** ,BMS DCI,e50 and Fuel-it Stage 2. 11.8 @ 118
(#9)
Old

Default 09-06-2016, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 335Ci
????? Guys ever hear of Chevron Techron? Just put it in the tank and drive.
I had put this in my tank right before one of my injectors decided to go bad. Might be a coincidence, might not be. The world way never know lol
(#10)
Old

Car: 2009 335i Xdrive
Default 06-22-2017, 11:03 PM

I also put in a bottle of chevron with Techron in my 82k mile 335xi. Halfway home I punched it at a stoplight and bang, dead #6. Injector just quit. Cleared code but no dice. Swapped in a spare and it ran fine. After the tank of gas it idled better than ever. So
Idk.

2009 335i Xdrive sedan 6AT
Montego blue
VRSF **, 7" IC, MMP inlets
MHD Stage 2+ flash tune
12.015 @ 113.6 MPH..(1/4 mi).
Driven daily.
(#11)
Old

Car: 2006 E46 330cic ZHP
Default 07-19-2017, 03:41 PM

You can also help yourselves by being picky with the gas you put in the tank. Google Top Tier Gas and buy only from those brand stations. Those that make the cut have more and better quality detergents. It was a project started by BMW, MB, VW, etc. to combat poor gas standards.

I was surprised at which brands were and more at which brands weren't on the list (like Sunoco!). Nice thing is, let's say you like Chevron and Chevron is on the list...we'll, that means that EVERY Chevron station EVERYWHERE only carries Top Tier Gas, regardless of grade/octane. All of their gas, at every station, all the time.

--------------------------------------------------------------
2010 535i M-Sport w/Sport AT, Alpine White w/Natural Leather, type-135 wheels w/spacers & Coilovers --- JB4 G5 ISO Trebila (Map-6) Custom Tune, Custom Meth Setup, VRSF 3" free-flow D/Ps, MMPe DCIs, Wagner 1060 Stepped FMIC, VRSF Chargepipe/Tial BOV, BMS Oil Cooler Valve
(#12)
Old

Car: 2014 F22 M235i
Default 01-15-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarContact
You can also help yourselves by being picky with the gas you put in the tank. Google Top Tier Gas and buy only from those brand stations. Those that make the cut have more and better quality detergents. It was a project started by BMW, MB, VW, etc. to combat poor gas standards.

I was surprised at which brands were and more at which brands weren't on the list (like Sunoco!). Nice thing is, let's say you like Chevron and Chevron is on the list...we'll, that means that EVERY Chevron station EVERYWHERE only carries Top Tier Gas, regardless of grade/octane. All of their gas, at every station, all the time.
I just looked at the current list and it seems about every company is now on the list so based on that it is hard to get ****ty low grade fuel. Even the small brands are on there like marathon, Qt, etc