N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1101)
Old

Car: 09 E90 335i
Default 03-13-2018, 01:06 PM

- Disabling sweep isn't working for me on mobile (showing as bit 1 for some reason?)

- I also have the code reading failure

'18 F30 340 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMeyers
Great to see, that you are continuously improving the JB4!

Just installed the update and here is my quick feedback:

1) Reading codes via the JB4 app is no longer working. It just says "Read failed"
2) disabling the startup sweep works
3) New firmware runs less smooth for me, with the same settings that were good on v8. A lot of throttle closures below 3500 rpms in Map1 and Map2 and boost is lower than in previous firmware version.
4) Attached some logs (v8 and v9) with the same setting that worked fine in v8 and also the default settings

5) went back to old firmware for now

2018 430i (B48), completely stock, 102 RON fuel, FF and EWG wires

Last edited by ZTZ1010; 03-13-2018 at 01:30 PM..
(#1102)
Old

Car: 2017 340 GT
Default Code reading failure for me too...2017 340 GT - 03-13-2018, 01:28 PM

Code reading failed for me too...2017 340 GT Xdrive
(#1103)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-13-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTZ1010
- Disabling sweep isn't working for me on mobile (showing as bit 1 for some reason?)

- I also have the code reading failure

'18 F30 340 xDrive
What do you mean 'showing as bit 1'? Bit1 is not how you disable the startup sweep. I'll checkout the code read stuff now.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1104)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-13-2018, 08:45 PM

Just posted V9_T2 - Fixed bug with fault code reading.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1105)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 03-14-2018, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Just posted V9_T2 - Fixed bug with fault code reading.
Anything else new with this update Terry, I'm running FW 8 at the moment should I update to FW 9.
(#1106)
Old

Default 03-14-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
What do you mean 'showing as bit 1'? Bit1 is not how you disable the startup sweep. I'll checkout the code read stuff now.
sorry, I meant "bit0". Maybe this setting is leftover from a previous version you gave me where disabling the steering wheel controls also disabled gauge sweep? Are they distinctly different options now?

(#1107)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-14-2018, 08:40 AM

There is a list in the first post of what each FutureUseD BIT option does.

Burger Motorsports

(#1108)
Old

Default 03-14-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
There is a list in the first post of what each FutureUseD BIT option does.
So I assume that list supersedes the bits on the mobile interface, then?
(#1109)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-14-2018, 09:16 AM

Correct. The app itself is always a few versions behind in its descriptions.

Burger Motorsports

(#1110)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-14-2018, 05:44 PM

Working on adding a metric dash option to the firmware. If anyone has one and wants to test, email me for it. It will be setup under menu5 in dash by setting that to 1. 1st gear boost limit is moved to menu6, 2nd gear boost limit moved to menu7, and 3rd gear boost limit moved to menu8.

Burger Motorsports

(#1111)
Old

Car: F22 230i Xdrive
Default 03-14-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Working on adding a metric dash option to the firmware. If anyone has one and wants to test, email me for it. It will be setup under menu5 in dash by setting that to 1. 1st gear boost limit is moved to menu6, 2nd gear boost limit moved to menu7, and 3rd gear boost limit moved to menu8.

What do you mean by metric dash ? What are you trying to test out ? My dash is in KPH if that is what you are looking for.

2008 FG2 Civic SI FBO - SOLD
2009 E92 335i Xdrive FBO - SOLD
2017 F22 230i Xdrive | Alpine White | Coral Red | M-Sport | BMS Intake | BMS JB4 | M Carbon Mirror | Roof Rack | Daily Driven
(#1112)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-14-2018, 07:49 PM

Right, the speedo selections and in dash afr/timing gauge won't line up right, until you load and enable this change. I'll post it once we get a few to test it. If you have time to test it just email me.

Burger Motorsports

(#1113)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-15-2018, 11:56 AM

Video of in dash AFR gauge from our B48 this AM.

Burger Motorsports

(#1114)
Old

Car: 335xi coupe
Default 03-16-2018, 07:40 AM

Terry is there any possible way to use the heads up display in the b58 to display data? that would be the single greatest feature ever

BSM 340i xDrive (6MT, M-Sport, etc)
---
datazap.me
(#1115)
Old

Default 03-16-2018, 08:19 AM

I was sent the T3 version to test out and was planning on testing this weekend. Are the metric dash changes incorporated in the T3 I was sent still implemented in the T4 version that I saw was the last updated ?

2017 F22 230i Xdrive | Alpine White | Coral Red | M-Sport | BMS Intake | BMS JB4 | M Carbon Mirror | Roof Rack | Daily Driven
(#1116)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-16-2018, 09:03 AM

The menu 5/1 metric dash option is in the T4 firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#1117)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-16-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon
Terry is there any possible way to use the heads up display in the b58 to display data? that would be the single greatest feature ever
It's possible but so far, I've not been able to figure out how we could do it. For the current gauge control we use diagnostic override commands. I don't think commands like that exist for the digital displays.

Burger Motorsports

(#1118)
Old

Default 03-16-2018, 10:15 AM

Hello Terry,

Tested out the T4 Update with Menu 5 set to 1 and this is the result ! The Menu number line up with the KPH reading very good ! The other menu items on the right does not quite line up perfectly but its the same as before for this one

Line up pretty good ! Anything else you needed me to test out ? Also at the same time what is the range for the Boost gauge on the fuel and with timing or AFR what is the range on the tach ? Thank you

Last edited by Max_MTL; 03-16-2018 at 10:20 AM..
(#1119)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-16-2018, 11:15 AM

Awesome, thanks. I see tach is off a bit. I'll look in to that.

Burger Motorsports

(#1120)
Old

Car: '16 340i Xdrive
Default Shipped firmware version - 03-16-2018, 12:20 PM

Hey Terry, what firmware version are you guys shipping JB4s with, as of last week? I haven't received my data cable yet, so can't check with the app. If it's not firmware 8, what version of firmware 8 is best? I see there's a T12 version as well.

Thanks
(#1121)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-16-2018, 12:33 PM

v8 is the production firmware. If updating I'd only update to the latest (e.g. firmware with highest number). We just leave older ones up for a few weeks in case some bug we didn't expect crops up and someone has to roll back.

Burger Motorsports

(#1122)
Old

Car: '16 340i Xdrive
Default 03-16-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
v8 is the production firmware. If updating I'd tonly update to the latest (e.g. firmware with highest number). We just leave older ones up for a few weeks in case some bug we didn't expect crops up and someone has to roll back.
Perfect. Thatís the version I was hoping. Thanks
(#1123)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 03-16-2018, 09:55 PM

BMW B48 after sometime will have some error code, with Jb4 app:

101F01 - Throttle Valve opening angle --- Ignore, tuner code
104301 - Absolute pressure sensor, intake manifold, plausibility, caster: pressure too high

Tried on MAPs 2, 3 and 5

Firmware V8
User settings on stock, tried passive delete ON.

Any ideas what could be the problem and possible fix?

Thanks
(#1124)
Old

Default 03-17-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren

104301 - Absolute pressure sensor, intake manifold, plausibility, caster: pressure too high

Tried on MAPs 2, 3 and 5

Firmware V8
User settings on stock, tried passive delete ON.

Any ideas what could be the problem and possible fix?

Thanks
Happened to me a 4-5 times in my 230i (B46) in the past year and half. Will get away after starting the car back again. Seem to have been less frequent since my wastegate actuator failed and was replaced for some reason. And when I reached to terry for a fix, there was really nothing wrong.

(#1125)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-17-2018, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren

I haven't come across anything like that on our B48 230i. Sounds possibly electrical. If you can recreate it easily one test might be to see if you can trigger it on map0. I'd also update the firmware to see if it has any effect.

Burger Motorsports