N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1026)
Old
Repo335i Repo335i is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 42
Join Date: Jun 2014
Car: 335i
Default 01-05-2018, 12:01 PM

Hi, I once heard that there was an offer from you that the owner of the jb + refunded the money. Buying a Jb4 .. Is this still available or was the offer only limited
Reply With Quote
(#1027)
Old
mike@x-ph.com mike@x-ph.com is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 476
Join Date: Jul 2014
Car: 2007 e92 335
Default 01-05-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo335i
Hi, I once heard that there was an offer from you that the owner of the jb + refunded the money. Buying a Jb4 .. Is this still available or was the offer only limited
We offer a trade in deal for the JB4.

If you bought a JB+, you can trade it in for a JB4 and get the full $199 credit back.
You need to be the original owner of the JB+ of course
Reply With Quote
(#1028)
Old
Repo335i Repo335i is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 42
Join Date: Jun 2014
Car: 335i
Default 01-05-2018, 12:35 PM

Hello thank you for the quick response. Great service ... yes i am the owner of that. Jb + and I have it currently installed and drive it .. But now I want to update on the Jb4 ... How it works .. Can you tell me what I have to do exactly so that I can order the Jb4 and the money for the jb + get back?
Reply With Quote
(#1029)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 25,041
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 01-05-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo335i
Hello thank you for the quick response. Great service ... yes i am the owner of that. Jb + and I have it currently installed and drive it .. But now I want to update on the Jb4 ... How it works .. Can you tell me what I have to do exactly so that I can order the Jb4 and the money for the jb + get back?
For the upgrade program (at least, BMS' program) you order the JB4 off our website and send in JB+ after with receipt (from any authorized dealer or BMS direct) and we'll refund the JB+ against your JB4 purchase. x-ph might have their own program for upgrades so you'd have to discuss how theirs works directly.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1030)
Old
Repo335i Repo335i is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 42
Join Date: Jun 2014
Car: 335i
Default 01-05-2018, 04:00 PM

Have it at Jb4 Europe bought in Germany .. But have no more bills .. Can I send it without a bill when buying from Jb4?
Reply With Quote
(#1031)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 25,041
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 01-06-2018, 06:22 PM

Unfortunately not, sorry. A receipt is required from JB+ purchase to take advantage of upgrade program. Upgrades are allowable within 1 year of JB+ purchase.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1032)
Old
Flom240 Flom240 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 40
Join Date: Sep 2017
Car: BMW M240i
Default 01-07-2018, 06:31 AM

hello terry, can you please tell me if I need only the EWG wires for the 8 T12 Hex in Map 6 or the fuel wires too? would test it as soon as my new JB4 is there!

are there any new insights?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
(#1033)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 25,041
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 01-07-2018, 03:54 PM

If doing map6 tuning for absolute boost profiles, the EWG connector is suggested. No need for the fuel pressure wire. It has minimal if any benefit.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1034)
Old
Wickedowesix's Avatar
Wickedowesix Wickedowesix is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 190
Join Date: Apr 2017
Car: 540i G30
Default 01-07-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Working on a new firmware tweak for the B58 and could use some help testing it out. Right now it's only active on maps 6 and 7. It changes how the JB4 spoofs the IAT signal to alter boost target, timing, and AFR targets.

To test it out load the T12 firmware in the first post, set FutureUseD bit#2 to 1 or on, set 6cyl timing to 1 (e.g. make IAT as high as possible), and evaluate/record a log or two for us to check out.
Should we keep it in that new firmware after we send you the logs or load back the original v8 firmware
Reply With Quote
(#1035)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 25,041
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 01-07-2018, 09:14 PM

You can run the new firmware full time. Just set FUD#2 back to 0 to disable the test feature if you don't like it.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1036)
Old
bradsm87 bradsm87 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 353
Join Date: May 2014
Car: E90 LCI 335i
Default 01-08-2018, 12:52 AM

At what boost threshold does the reported boost start to stray from actual boost? For example:

5psi -> 5psi
10psi -> 8psi
15psi -> 12psi

Is there an option to auto clear ******* codes for vehicles outside the US
Reply With Quote
(#1037)
Old
Wickedowesix's Avatar
Wickedowesix Wickedowesix is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 190
Join Date: Apr 2017
Car: 540i G30
Default 01-08-2018, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You can run the new firmware full time. Just set FUD#2 back to 0 to disable the test feature if you don't like it.
What changes are we supposed to notice with this version?
Reply With Quote
(#1038)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 25,041
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 01-08-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsm87
At what boost threshold does the reported boost start to stray from actual boost? For example:

5psi -> 5psi
10psi -> 8psi
15psi -> 12psi

Is there an option to auto clear ******* codes for vehicles outside the US
The JB4 manages the mapping dynamically based on logs of inputs from CANbus. If you want to evaluate what is going on look at your log, boost is actual, DME BT is what the DME is requesting, and ECU PSI is what the DME is observing.

Passive delete is on the WMI page for those outside USA.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1039)
Old
Johnorl Johnorl is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 38
Join Date: Jan 2017
Car: 340i
Default 01-08-2018, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Development is always ongoing. If you want to help the cause post some logs from the track and we'll see how its running for you.
sorry for the late response. Long vacation without my computer. I will email you the log from the track now.


16' 340i RWD
JB4 Map 5, ER **, BMS Intake and E30
Reply With Quote
(#1040)
Old
bradsm87 bradsm87 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 353
Join Date: May 2014
Car: E90 LCI 335i
Default 01-08-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The JB4 manages the mapping dynamically based on logs of inputs from CANbus. If you want to evaluate what is going on look at your log, boost is actual, DME BT is what the DME is requesting, and ECU PSI is what the DME is observing.

Passive delete is on the WMI page for those outside USA.
I can't look at logs. This is a pre-sales enquiry. Surely there must be a threshold at which MAP sensor PSI = ECU PSI and strays splitting gradually from there to keep throttle mapping smooth?
Reply With Quote
(#1041)
Old
Fabsche90 Fabsche90 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Car: M140i
Default Map Question - 01-09-2018, 03:16 AM

Hello Terry,

I installed the JB4 box in June 2017 in my 140 and have been driving without any issues by now. So first of all a big thanks to you and your team.

I downloaded the newest Version yesterday (BMW_B48_B58_OBDII_8.hex) and installed it via Laptop. To be honest, it was the first time, that I was connecting my own Laptop to the Box, because my Tuner installed the Box for me in the first step.

So, long story short: I just wanted to ask, if there are any issues with "these" maps. The car feels different (not worse, but different) to the maps before, maybe it's just a feeling without any objective causes, I just would like to have someone with background having a look on it...

Furthermore:
I am running a HJS 300cpsi catalyst and 102octane Aral Ultimate only. Is there any possibility to go "beyond" map3?

And since I installed the JB4 I have a problem switching gears while giving full throttle, which increases with map stages: I have a accleration "delay" immediately after switching to the next gear with full boost. It feels like the turbo boost stops for like 0.3 secs or sth. As mentioned this increases with the more power I drive from jthe b4.


Thanks in advance for your help and greetings from Germany,
Fabian

Edit: 5th picture is showing map5

Last edited by Fabsche90; 01-09-2018 at 03:20 AM.. Reason: Missed attachement
Reply With Quote
(#1042)
Old
absolute_340 absolute_340 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Join Date: Nov 2016
Car: BMW 340i M-Performance
Default 01-09-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabsche90
Hello Terry,

I installed the JB4 box in June 2017 in my 140 and have been driving without any issues by now. So first of all a big thanks to you and your team.

I downloaded the newest Version yesterday (BMW_B48_B58_OBDII_8.hex) and installed it via Laptop. To be honest, it was the first time, that I was connecting my own Laptop to the Box, because my Tuner installed the Box for me in the first step.

So, long story short: I just wanted to ask, if there are any issues with "these" maps. The car feels different (not worse, but different) to the maps before, maybe it's just a feeling without any objective causes, I just would like to have someone with background having a look on it...

Furthermore:
I am running a HJS 300cpsi catalyst and 102octane Aral Ultimate only. Is there any possibility to go "beyond" map3?

And since I installed the JB4 I have a problem switching gears while giving full throttle, which increases with map stages: I have a accleration "delay" immediately after switching to the next gear with full boost. It feels like the turbo boost stops for like 0.3 secs or sth. As mentioned this increases with the more power I drive from jthe b4.


Thanks in advance for your help and greetings from Germany,
Fabian

Edit: 5th picture is showing map5
I'd recommend posting a new thread in the BMS Support Request subforum.

You'll need to record a few 3rd gear Sport+ WOT logs (without depressing kickdown button at the bottom of the accelerator) logs.

Should post logs of: Map 0 (w/Default Settings), Map 2, Map 3, and maybe Map 5 (Which you should be able to run on 102 octane)


2016 BMW 340i M-Sport -- BMS JB4, BMS Billet Intake
Reply With Quote
(#1043)
Old
carguy19 carguy19 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 109
Join Date: Mar 2008
Car: 335 cpe
Default 01-10-2018, 09:10 AM

What is the 8 t12 hex update for?

I run the most aggressive (on the last firmware it was #5 I believe) on 93 octane with the same diameter drainpype from turbo to midpipe, EWG connector (FUD set to 30), BMS filter, etc.

Can I benefit to anything in this new firmware? Is there some type of autotune for boost map yet in this update?

Any advice is appreciated in advance.
Reply With Quote
(#1044)
Old
Flom240 Flom240 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 40
Join Date: Sep 2017
Car: BMW M240i
Default 01-10-2018, 12:02 PM

Hello Terry, I have now loaded and installed the 8 T12 Hex firmware.
Now I have Future Use D set to 1 (then goes off Bit0 - steering wheel control! ??), is that correct?
then I set 6-cyl Timing Logging (0-6) to 1.
did you have the trial on his and i could test it? see pictures.
It is not saved yet and could be your answer first. can not be activated Map6 is not working? For me in the trial only card 1-5.
Thank you

Reply With Quote
(#1045)
Old
335xiRT1 335xiRT1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 107
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default 01-10-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flom240
Hello Terry, I have now loaded and installed the 8 T12 Hex firmware.
Now I have Future Use D set to 1 (then goes off Bit0 - steering wheel control! ??), is that correct?
then I set 6-cyl Timing Logging (0-6) to 1.
did you have the trial on his and i could test it? see pictures.
It is not saved yet and could be your answer first. can not be activated Map6 is not working? For me in the trial only card 1-5.
Thank you

how do you get the fud options on app.... i dont see that on mine


2017 340i JB4/ BB TBi/ intake
Reply With Quote
(#1046)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 25,041
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 01-10-2018, 10:57 PM

Logs are CSV files, not JPGs.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#1047)
Old
Bullitt1841's Avatar
Bullitt1841 Bullitt1841 is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,502
Join Date: Aug 2011
Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 01-10-2018, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flom240
Hello Terry, I have now loaded and installed the 8 T12 Hex firmware.
Now I have Future Use D set to 1 (then goes off Bit0 - steering wheel control! ??), is that correct?
then I set 6-cyl Timing Logging (0-6) to 1.
did you have the trial on his and i could test it? see pictures.
It is not saved yet and could be your answer first. can not be activated Map6 is not working? For me in the trial only card 1-5.
Thank you

Change Bit 2, not Bit 0. All other Bit options are irrelevant to the test change.


2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4 | BMS Meth Kit (Dual CM5) | BMS Intake | BMW 513M Wheels | Dinan Shockware

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
Reply With Quote
(#1048)
Old
Bullitt1841's Avatar
Bullitt1841 Bullitt1841 is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,502
Join Date: Aug 2011
Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 01-10-2018, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335xiRT1
how do you get the fud options on app.... i dont see that on mine
You need to be connected to the JB4. They don't show up if you're just playing with the app.


2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4 | BMS Meth Kit (Dual CM5) | BMS Intake | BMW 513M Wheels | Dinan Shockware

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
Reply With Quote
(#1049)
Old
Bullitt1841's Avatar
Bullitt1841 Bullitt1841 is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,502
Join Date: Aug 2011
Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 01-10-2018, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy19
What is the 8 t12 hex update for?

I run the most aggressive (on the last firmware it was #5 I believe) on 93 octane with the same diameter drainpype from turbo to midpipe, EWG connector (FUD set to 30), BMS filter, etc.

Can I benefit to anything in this new firmware? Is there some type of autotune for boost map yet in this update?

Any advice is appreciated in advance.
It's mostly so Terry can gather data to implement possible new developments. No, you should not gain any power, etc. The only way to get more power, currently, is by running meth.


2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4 | BMS Meth Kit (Dual CM5) | BMS Intake | BMW 513M Wheels | Dinan Shockware

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
Reply With Quote
(#1050)
Old
Flom240 Flom240 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 40
Join Date: Sep 2017
Car: BMW M240i
Default 01-11-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841
Change Bit 2, not Bit 0. All other Bit options are irrelevant to the test change.
I change bit 2 (disable oil temp warmup safety) to on and will drive a few logs.
I'll post the logs in support.
Thank you
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (1 members and 5 guests)
ninefourteener
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2017, N54tech.com