N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#826)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-27-2017, 01:42 PM

If running v8 refer to the updated map guide for it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#827)
Old

Car: 08 corvette / 06 vue
Default 06-27-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If running v8 refer to the updated map guide for it.
I did sir.

-2016 340xi 8AT
-2008 Corvette MN6
(#828)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-27-2017, 01:58 PM

Map3 is the new map2.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#829)
Old

Car: 2016 340i
Default 06-27-2017, 04:36 PM

I just got my first check engine light. I used my JB4 app (Bluetooth) to read the code and it says, "180001 no-kitten downpip3 detected."

Last edited by HitmanHearns; 06-27-2017 at 05:13 PM..
(#830)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-27-2017, 06:12 PM

Good, expect to see that specific fault when using competition race use only hardware.

Burger Motorsports

(#831)
Old

Car: 2016 BMW 340i xDrive M- Sport
Default 06-27-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Map3 is the new map2.
Why are people saying that the new Map3 is too much?

2016 BMW 340i xDrive ///MSport

BMS Billet Intake | JB4 | M Performance BBK RED | ƎR ** | M Performance CF/Alcantara Interior Trim kit | Black Dual slat Kidney Grille |
(#832)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-27-2017, 06:29 PM

Ask them.

I'd have to see the logs to evaluate any specific car.

Burger Motorsports

(#833)
Old

Default 06-27-2017, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Ask them.

I'd have to see the logs to evaluate any specific car.
Ohh ok. They are saying that map3 yields too much and is meant for 96 octane or more. I'll log on map3 when I get my car back from body shop and will post in the support thread.

BMS Billet Intake | JB4 | M Performance BBK RED | ƎR ** | M Performance CF/Alcantara Interior Trim kit | Black Dual slat Kidney Grille |
(#834)
Old

Car: BMW 340i M-Performance
Default 06-27-2017, 06:57 PM

@Terry: I just posted several logs (See Post #1 and Post #6 of thread) for my setup:
  • 340i (B58)
  • 4.5" meowless ER **
  • BMS Intake
  • 93 Octane (Chevron)

Contemplating buying FF + EWG or just FF wires, but would love your input before I do so. Thanks, Terry!

2016 BMW 340i M-Sport -- BMS JB4, BMS Billet Intake
(#835)
Old

Default 06-27-2017, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitmanHearns
I just got my first check engine light. I used my JB4 app (Bluetooth) to read the code and it says, "180001 no-kitten downpip3 detected."
I got check engine light too when I was driving on the highway. Mine said "******* ******** detected", so I just cleared it. Which doesn't bother me because I knew it'll throw engine light down the road. So glad I got the Bluetooth kit.

(#836)
Old

Car: 2015 f32 435i
Default 06-27-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolute_340
@Terry: I just posted several logs (See Post #1 and Post #6 of thread) for my setup:
  • 340i (B58)
  • 4.5" meowless ER **
  • BMS Intake
  • 93 Octane (Chevron)

Contemplating buying FF + EWG or just FF wires, but would love your input before I do so. Thanks, Terry!
Get both

[SOLD] '15 435i - M Sport Brakes, BMW 19" 407 style wheels, Track/Handling, Tech Package, HUD, Auto
Mods: JB4 w/ EWG/FF wires, maps 2/5/7, AFE intake, ER 4" kitless, hankooks
'03 330ci - Titanium Silver, Sportline, Auto
Mods: Stock

Instagram: @Jb435i
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQs...ylVwzAmJLCmbA?
(#837)
Old

Car: 120i
Default AFR - 06-28-2017, 04:20 AM

I have been watching a lot of logs and AFR, it seems like the ECU has two different AFR regulation points one at ~14.5, and another at ~13

It seems to start out at 14.5 then after gear change or mid way though a pull, it switches to the richer AFR setting, maybe based on EGT or some other internal ECU logic? Any ideas on why?

Here is example form one of my logs, I also see this in other people logs both on B58 and B48, what do you guys think and are you also seeing this in your logs?

There is also no difference in trims, therefore should be planned by ECU, in fact if anything trims reduce under the richer AFR.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2017-06-27 16_38_42.csv (10.5 KB, 14 views)
(#838)
Old

Car: 135i e82 n54
Default 06-28-2017, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMM
I have been watching a lot of logs and AFR, it seems like the ECU has two different AFR regulation points one at ~14.5, and another at ~13

It seems to start out at 14.5 then after gear change or mid way though a pull, it switches to the richer AFR setting, maybe based on EGT or some other internal ECU logic? Any ideas on why?

Here is example form one of my logs, I also see this in other people logs both on B58 and B48, what do you guys think and are you also seeing this in your logs?

There is also no difference in trims, therefore should be planned by ECU, in fact if anything trims reduce under the richer AFR.
I have noticed this also in my logs from earlier this week.

Whichever gear I start in afr is 14-14.5 after a gear change it can be seen coming down to mid 13s but trims are also lower.

I wondered if it was the higher gears that had a richer AFR target but it was in the 14s on the pulls I started in 5th.

Current: M140i
Previous: N54 - Forge BOV - Forge Chargepipe - Airtec Intercooler - DCI - VRSF - JB4 - LCA
(#839)
Old

Car: F30 LCI 330I
Default 06-28-2017, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58_BMW
I got check engine light too when I was driving on the highway. Mine said "******* ******** detected", so I just cleared it. Which doesn't bother me because I knew it'll throw engine light down the road. So glad I got the Bluetooth kit.
I am confused, aren't JB4 suppose to auto delete engine light caused by empty *****? Therefore, one will not get engine light from empty ***** when JB4 is on?
(#840)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-28-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11
I am confused, aren't JB4 suppose to auto delete engine light caused by empty *****? Therefore, one will not get engine light from empty ***** when JB4 is on?
It does not.

Burger Motorsports

(#841)
Old

Default 06-28-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11

It doesn't. JB4 can read codes and clear codes via Bluetooth kit or USB through laptop.

(#842)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 06-28-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMM

What does it look like on Map 0 with straight pump gas? That should be your reference point when evaluating what the DME is supposed to be doing.

2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4 | BMS Meth Kit (Dual CM5) | BMS Intake | BMW 513M Wheels | Dinan Shockware

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#843)
Old

Car: 120i
Default 06-29-2017, 01:52 AM

Yes however if this is thermal like EGT as I suspect, then on my pathetic stock 7-9 psi of boost it very well may never reach the threshold to trigger the switch to lower AFR, and i have never seen it stock, but will try it, hard to drive the car stock it is totally gutless.

I also think may be region dependence, for example I see this more in logs form 1 series guys or 4 series who i guess are in EU, my car is imported form EU as well, maybe regional emissions / efficiency regulations BMW is trying to optimize for like MPG maybe by running less fuel as much as possible.

A bit of the PITA for tuning I guess, as we need to tune for leaner condition, if we can find our what reading to spoof to get it to run 13's at WOT all the time that would be great....
(#844)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-29-2017, 09:41 AM

Fueling on the B58 is certainly an area of open development. Using the fuel pressure connector you can prevent the fuel trims from maxing out, but that does not necessarily alter the AFR. The motors definitely like to run a lot leaner than we've seen on previous platforms. I think we're just going to have to accept the leaner AFR until flash mapping is released that allows direct adjustment for further evaluation.

Burger Motorsports

(#845)
Old

Default 06-29-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:
It does not.
Thanks for the clarification.

If thats the case, do you recommend O2 spacer for B48 platform or are there other ways to sub-press CEL lights?
(#846)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-29-2017, 06:13 PM

If you're in the USA and it's not a dedicated race car I'd recommend removing any non-emissions legal component! If it's a dedicated race car just ignore the light. Easy enough.

Burger Motorsports

(#847)
Old

Default 06-29-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
If you're in the USA and it's not a dedicated race car I'd recommend removing any non-emissions legal component! If it's a dedicated race car just ignore the light. Easy enough.
Thank you Terry :-)
(#848)
Old

Car: BMW F30 LCI 320i 2017
Default 06-30-2017, 08:11 AM

What would be the recomended JB4 B58 Firmaware 8 configuration for a 320i with the B48 (181 hp) engine?

Since F30 LCI 320i and 330i have a "similar" B48 engine and turbo and the 320i has lower stock boost (only 8psi) and HP. Should we aim to a higher delta boost from stock in a 320i than in a 330i so to make the total boost closer to the 330i? Does the question makes sense? In other words, could we use a non additive map on a stock 320i with 98 octane fuel (EU RON = 93.5 in USA) to increase boost over map 3 (+6psi=14 psi max)?

Thanks, Jorge.

Have been trying MAP 3 (similar ex map 2) on my B48 320i for a few days and it feels good. Uploaded logs: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47871

Last edited by JorgeIII; 06-30-2017 at 08:44 AM..
(#849)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-30-2017, 08:50 AM

The same map guides are used for the 320i, for now. If you need tuning help just post logs in the support area and we can check it out. It might run less boost from the factory, but will also be running more timing, and the fuel limiters likely set lower, so its likely the tuning gains will be proportional also.

Burger Motorsports

(#850)
Old

Car: 340i
Default 06-30-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Was this change implemented as part of the latest firmware update?