N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1051)
Old

Car: 2009 335xi coupe
Default 01-11-2018, 11:59 AM

Hello

I just installed a JB4 B58 on my brand new X3 m40i G01 , I believe im the first

Vag motorsports in laval did the install. I will be getting the Bluetooth attachment next week

So far so good, no issues, the car seems nice and fast, but I have a few questions

1- I don't have dash control access, wondering when that's coming for the digital dash. ?
2- Will be releasing an update that will take into account any changes to the b58 for the x3, since stock its rated at more HP than in a 340i?
3- I also dont have access to a dyno, I would be curious to know if Burger is planning to do a dyno test on a x3 to report numbers and also update its website with the info that its compatible with x3 m40i 2018+, right now it doesn't let people know
4- given the small changes in stock power numbers, any suggestions on map choice for 91 oct and also for 93oct

Last edited by Seaz; 01-11-2018 at 12:36 PM..
(#1052)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 01-12-2018, 07:47 AM

Hi Terry, so I found the bill from my JB + and would now like to upgrade to the Jb4 .. What exactly do I have to do now? The purchase is 7 months ago. Should I pack jb + and bill in a package and send you or how to proceed now?
(#1053)
Old

Car: 09 E90 335i
Default 01-12-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo335i
Hi Terry, so I found the bill from my JB + and would now like to upgrade to the Jb4 .. What exactly do I have to do now? The purchase is 7 months ago. Should I pack jb + and bill in a package and send you or how to proceed now?
really not the appropriate place for this.
(#1054)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-12-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Email our sales department: http://www.burgertuning.com/contact.html

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1055)
Old

Car: f30
Default 01-17-2018, 04:22 AM

Hello guys may i know what the difference between T12 firmware and the non-t12 one?
(#1056)
Old

Car: BMW 340i FBO WMI
Default 01-17-2018, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfanatix
Hello guys may i know what the difference between T12 firmware and the non-t12 one?
T12 has the increased IAT spoof to keep timing down. I think itís promarily being used for higher boost and after market turbo applications right now.
(#1057)
Old

Default 01-17-2018, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I M inluv340
T12 has the increased IAT spoof to keep timing down. I think itís promarily being used for higher boost and after market turbo applications right now.
I see. Thanks for the info dude.
(#1058)
Old

Car: BMW F31 320ix LCI
Default 01-18-2018, 12:50 AM

Which of the firmware I should use T12.hex or non-T12?
My car is BMW 320ix B48 engine, gas European 98 Oct.
(#1059)
Old

Default 01-18-2018, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 314da
Go for the non t12 one. The difference is just a few post about yours.
(#1060)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-19-2018, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 314da
Makes no difference, unless you enable the test feature we put in the T12 one.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1061)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW 340i
Default 01-22-2018, 04:32 PM

Hey guys. Sorry if this doesnít belong on this thread. But can you guys give me any input on these logs? Theyíre short but hopefully you guys have some good input. Thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-01-22 18_16_33.csv (13.1 KB, 48 views)
File Type: csv 2018-01-22 18_15_28.csv (6.4 KB, 30 views)
(#1062)
Old

Car: BMW 340i
Default 01-25-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsears
Hi Terry,

Couple questions and slight back story. I have a '16 340i 8AT with nothing but BMC drop-in filters and I've ran two separate Piggyback tunes. One was a popular branded JB+ equivalent which worked great but it's fixed additive boost values took away some of the linear B58 feel and also hindered shift speeds. I then switched to one of the very popular JB4 equivalents which had amazing power but significantly hindered shift speeds at redline and under power. I also received multiple drivetrain malfunctions during 1-2nd gear pulls which has almost left me stranded in an intersection. With that said I'm looking at a JB4 and hoping some features along with CANBUS has this mostly figured out. So my questions are:

- What Map would be appropriate for PNW 92 octane gas, I assume Map 2?
- Is this boost curved tailored for the RPM signal or is it a fixed 4psi across the whole rev range?
- Does the JB4 suffer from significantly slower shift speeds at redline and under power with the 8AT torque intervention? I've seen this mentioned on just about every piggyback.
- Have you seen any drivetrain malfunctions on the latest Firmware?
- I'm looking for an OEM like linear powerband, just a bit more oomph and drivability to what a JB+ offers.
Hi Terry, I was hoping you would be able to answer the above questions. Still looking at going the JB4 route but hoping you can shine some light on the shift speed concerns? I still see some people mention this one?
(#1063)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-25-2018, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsears
Hi Terry,

Couple questions and slight back story. I have a '16 340i 8AT with nothing but BMC drop-in filters and I've ran two separate Piggyback tunes. One was a popular branded JB+ equivalent which worked great but it's fixed additive boost values took away some of the linear B58 feel and also hindered shift speeds. I then switched to one of the very popular JB4 equivalents which had amazing power but significantly hindered shift speeds at redline and under power. I also received multiple drivetrain malfunctions during 1-2nd gear pulls which has almost left me stranded in an intersection. With that said I'm looking at a JB4 and hoping some features along with CANBUS has this mostly figured out. So my questions are:

- What Map would be appropriate for PNW 92 octane gas, I assume Map 2?
- Is this boost curved tailored for the RPM signal or is it a fixed 4psi across the whole rev range?
- Does the JB4 suffer from significantly slower shift speeds at redline and under power with the 8AT torque intervention? I've seen this mentioned on just about every piggyback.
- Have you seen any drivetrain malfunctions on the latest Firmware?
- I'm looking for an OEM like linear powerband, just a bit more oomph and drivability to what a JB+ offers.

Hi Terry, I was hoping you would be able to answer the above questions. Still looking at going the JB4 route but hoping you can shine some light on the shift speed concerns? I still see some people mention this one?
Sorry, missed your post. The short answer is with the JB4 you'll have a log more tuning and diagnostic flexibility. But I don't know if it will solve whatever issue you had with the other piggyback system. It depends why you were having an issue. Easy to install and evaluate though. Map2 is a good starting point.

In terms of fault codes if you get one there is something wrong that needs to be fixed. First step in fixing it is to read the code and then use that to determine what triggered it. If everything is working normally, there will be no fault codes.

Burger Motorsports

(#1064)
Old

Car: 2017 540i xDrive MSport (B58)
Default 01-27-2018, 07:55 AM

Does anyone know how to use the canflap feature via the app/Bluetooth?
(#1065)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-27-2018, 10:44 AM

We don't have CANflap in the app yet. But it's on the to-do list!

Burger Motorsports

(#1066)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 01-27-2018, 02:48 PM

It would be awesome if it could be enabled BEFORE the engine is started. The only way I've found to do that is to explicitly "open it" each time BEFORE you start the engine. If it's already set to "open", you need to "close" it, "re-open" it, then start the engine.

If it's always set to "open" (and there is no explicit intervention before starting), it takes between 15-30 seconds of the engine running before it physically opens.

I don't know if it's a hardware/power/communication limitation that cannot be worked around, but it would be much nicer if it worked right away without having to spend an extra bit of time and listening for the valve prior to starting the engine.

I'm assuming this is how all B58's are, but maybe it's just those that have MPPSK. Also with MPPSK, "closing" the valve while driving does not return it back to stock operation. It literally keeps it closed at all times and never opens, even at WOT.

2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4 | BMS Meth Kit (Dual CM5) | BMS Intake | BMW 513M Wheels | Dinan Shockware

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#1067)
Old

Car: Infiniti G37
Default 01-31-2018, 12:03 AM

Freshly installed JB4 unit on a stock '18 440i. Playing around with some of the few menus, but I haven't had much time to spare. I've hunted a little bit, and found some bits and pieces of "max LED" and canflap (video instructions only?). Is there a full list of the do's and don'ts with the JB4 as well as just some general knowledge/info on the menus, etc.?

Also, can someone tell me why I feel a quick cut in fuel/power/boost between shifts (8ZF)? I know there was an issue earlier with shifts on the 8spd. Is this possibly the fix that was applied to this issue? Thanks folks! :D
(#1068)
Old

Car: 340ix
Default 02-04-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksigned
Freshly installed JB4 unit on a stock '18 440i. Playing around with some of the few menus, but I haven't had much time to spare. I've hunted a little bit, and found some bits and pieces of "max LED" and canflap (video instructions only?). Is there a full list of the do's and don'ts with the JB4 as well as just some general knowledge/info on the menus, etc.?

Also, can someone tell me why I feel a quick cut in fuel/power/boost between shifts (8ZF)? I know there was an issue earlier with shifts on the 8spd. Is this possibly the fix that was applied to this issue? Thanks folks! :D
Nope the 8speed in the 2018 is the same as the 2017 and possibly 2016, and thereís not much you can besides wait for a real tune
(#1069)
Old
Legend

Default 02-04-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Do you have a log of this happening? If not, it's incredibly hard to tell you how to fix it.

2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4 | BMS Meth Kit (Dual CM5) | BMS Intake | BMW 513M Wheels | Dinan Shockware

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

(#1070)
Old

Default 02-04-2018, 10:56 AM

Hello I would like to know if the Jb4 continues to work normally if I pull out the obd connection, or does it not work anymore?
(#1071)
Old
Legend

Default 02-04-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Hello I would like to know if the Jb4 continues to work normally if I pull out the obd connection, or does it not work anymore?
I believe Terry said it will function like a JB+/Stage 1 if you do that. However, I don't know what PSI additive it will run.

It also depends on what firmware version you're running since it didn't always work that way. Version 8 should do it since it's currently the latest.

(#1072)
Old

Default 02-04-2018, 12:55 PM

Have version 8 on it .. So the last version ...
(#1073)
Old

Car: 2016 F25 X4 M40i (N55)
Default 02-07-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaz
Hello

I just installed a JB4 B58 on my brand new X3 m40i G01 , I believe im the first

Vag motorsports in laval did the install. I will be getting the Bluetooth attachment next week

So far so good, no issues, the car seems nice and fast, but I have a few questions

1- I don't have dash control access, wondering when that's coming for the digital dash. ?
2- Will be releasing an update that will take into account any changes to the b58 for the x3, since stock its rated at more HP than in a 340i?
3- I also dont have access to a dyno, I would be curious to know if Burger is planning to do a dyno test on a x3 to report numbers and also update its website with the info that its compatible with x3 m40i 2018+, right now it doesn't let people know
4- given the small changes in stock power numbers, any suggestions on map choice for 91 oct and also for 93oct
Nice to see an X3 M40i lol.
You should get Dragy the GPS Performance Meter to really see your stock 0-60 and 1/4 mile as well as your tuned one

- 16' X4 M40i Tweaked CTS Turbo FMIC | Custom CTS Turbo D0wnP1pe | BM3 E30
- 17 F80 ZCP | BM3 E30 | CTS Turbo D0wnP1pe/CP/HeatExchanger & Mid-pipe

$ECA $XRP $XLM $TRX $ADA
(#1074)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2016 F22 M235i Mineral White
Default 02-08-2018, 08:13 AM

Quote:

What country are you located? US? Some Non-US cars seem to have a different DME version that cuts fuel between shifts when high-boost is applied. Some cars I've been able to diagnose had high AFR spikes when this happens.

Big Boost, designing world's most innovating and efficient turbo kits!
-----------------
BigBoost Instagram: @bigboost_turbo
webpage: bigboostusa.com

BigBoost's car: BMW M240i
Stage 3.2 turbo
Current B58 Horsepower record holder: ̶5̶3̶4̶, ̶5̶6̶3̶, ̶5̶7̶1̶. Currently: 613 WHP

Daily Driver: BMW M235i
BBT stage 3.3 turbo

Garage Queen: 2014 Nissan GT-R
EcuTek ECM and TCM tune, BDM DumpPipes, BDM intakes, BDM full race exhaust, hybrid turbos, E85. 936 WHP
(#1075)
Old

Car: BMW 440XI MPPSK
Default 02-09-2018, 09:23 AM

Funny I feel the drop in power too... Not overly noticeable but its there for sure. I dont see any throttle closures in the logs when it happens just a sharp drop... as if the RPMS are not there maintain boost as boost drop fairly sharply then recovers...

I will take another long during shifts and see...

Quote: